home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Non-Disney Accommodations in Orlando
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Margaritaville Resort Orlando?

I remember several of us expressing an interest in the Margaritaville Resort when it was being built. Anyone actually been there? If so, can you please post a review of the resort and tell us what you think? With the proximity to AK, this would seem to be a good off-site alternative. Opinions, anyone?
Old 09-22-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Old 09-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Old 09-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I remember several of us expressing an interest in the Margaritaville Resort when it was being built. Anyone actually been there? If so, can you please post a review of the resort and tell us what you think? With the proximity to AK, this would seem to be a good off-site alternative. Opinions, anyone?

I only stay onsite.....That is my opinion.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:47 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
So do I, so far. Doesn’t mean I can’t be curious about “life beyond the bubble...”
Old 09-22-2020, 03:57 PM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
So do I, so far. Doesn’t mean I can’t be curious about “life beyond the bubble...”

The brochure looks very nice......

SueJen looked at the resort, I think.....
Old 09-22-2020, 04:33 PM   #7
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

I looked when we were picking a place to buy. I like it. Colorful, nice onsite water park, restaurants & other amenities. 10-15 minute drive to AK. Units are close together & there is no real yard space. It’s a little pricey for what it is IMO, but that was from looking to buy rather than rent. If you are ok being outside the bubble, it could well be a good option.

Amy's MouseOwner Trip Report List

Amy's Author Page - A Year of Disney, Camping Disney & Building Awesome Vacations

Amy's Blog
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:57 PM   #8
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
We stayed there for 5 nights shortly after it had opened. We had an amazing deal on a king suite for about $140/night. It slept 4 of us perfectly. The amenities on site were opened, but many of the shops and restaurant in the development were still being built. The H2O water park wasn't completed.

The staff was great, the food was great, the pool and pool bar were great and we enjoyed our stay. Our nephew and 2 little ones visited for a day and we all had a fantastic afternoon at the pool area. We used the free transportation to WDW a few times. The rooms were spacious and nicely finished. The beds and sofa bed were very comfortable.

It is very close to AKL - I was surprised at how close. It is close to shopping and several other restaurants, too. We all agreed that we'd stay there again and maybe rent one of the cottages next time. We toured several of the cottages, did the official sales tour and looked at the financials of cottage ownership. We came away extremely happy with our DVC holdings.

It's definitely a great place to stay if you're looking for something different than the usual Disney Springs area off site hotels. I'm sure it's only become better with all of the other amenities nearby that are by now opened.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:12 PM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Ha, mine as well, but...

Quote:
The brochure looks very nice......

SueJen looked at the resort, I think.....

Indeed she did, with her husband Mike and their youngest son. A few months prior to their stay we had ventured over there and wandered about. Enjoyed a drink poolside. Seemed like a pleasant place to me. Well worth considering if one isn’t staying onsite.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:44 PM   #10
ocean702
Two Bedroom

We stayed in one of the cottages on the closest street to the resort Some of the cottages were quite a walk to the pool but the one we stayed in was right next to the pool. . Loved loved loved. They hadn’t been open too long and the resort was not busy and everything was in pristine condition. Enjoyed the laidback atmosphere and having the publix and target right nearby was great as we cooked frequently and had sandwiches for lunch. No grill at the cottages at least when we went in April of 2019. We were 10ppl in a three bedroom cottage and didn’t feel cramped. Downfall was that the resort pool area didn’t allow coolers and you couldn’t bring in your own booze or sandwiches to the pool area. We were able to bring water bottles in. The snack bar by the pool was decent for overpriced food and the restaurant on the lower level in the lobby had slow service but food was delicious for dinner. We did not utilize the resort bus to the parks as we had rented cars. we did Uber one night to polynesian, it wasn’t too expensive to Uber. We stayed before they had really opened up the sunset walk but the area looked like it had potential and the water park wasn’t open yet either. I would definitely go back!

I would prefer to stay here over the Disney spring area hotels. Definitely way nicer than the larger Hilton that has the walkway to Disney springs in its property.
ocean702 is offline   Reply With Quote