home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 PM   #1
nicsmom
Grand Villa
 
nicsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,482
Default Holding points and COVID shut down

I had a small number of points in holding due to a cancelled night around Christmas. With Covid closures and lockdowns, there was no opportunity to use them before the expired Aug 31, 2020.

Do I have any chance of having these points reinstated and banked for future use?
__________________
.
We LOVE OKW !!!
Since 2011
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:12 AM   #2
disney65
Add-on Aficionado
 
disney65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SouthEast, CT
Posts: 6,345
Default

Ask MS.
__________________
Home Resort: Aulani, BLT, VGF, BRV (VWL), BWV, AKL, OKW, SSR

My Trip Reports


2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
hilaw
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,718
Default

With the information you provided, it seems you have a September UY?

For example, some June, August and September 2018 and 2019 UY points were extended to 11/30/20. They were extended after the points expired. Accounts showed the points expired, then a virtual contract was made that was not visible after it it was created. The points were there and were extended.

Maybe, your points were those that were extended?
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado
 
cmrdgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 12 Grimmauld Pl
Posts: 8,119
Default

Agree 100% -- call or email DVC MS
__________________
Carolyn

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:07 PM   #5
dvc happy
Studio
 
dvc happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 101
Default

Any rumors of Disney extending the covid extension set to expire Nov 2020?

I'm about to drop points into RCI just to extend their life
__________________
Ret. U.M.O.S.

Home away from home,
Jambo House
dvc happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:49 AM   #6
Oh_Joy!
Studio
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc happy View Post
Any rumors of Disney extending the covid extension set to expire Nov 2020?

I'm about to drop points into RCI just to extend their life
I would be surprised if they did. The points are developer points (Riviera, Dec 2019). Theyíre past their banking deadline. And I donít think that DVC wants to have more points moved into next year than they have already. Theyíre looking at a mess of points from the AUL and VGC closures that will need to be addressed. I just donít see additional extensions coming for points that were already extended once.
Oh_Joy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:18 AM   #7
dvc happy
Studio
 
dvc happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Joy! View Post
I just donít see additional extensions coming for points that were already extended once.
Yeah. Wishful thinking on my part. I guess Iím exploring every scenario before pulling the pin an going the RCI route.

Spoke with DVC yesterday and got a lot of info on the RCI banking etc so looks like thatís my only option.
__________________
Ret. U.M.O.S.

Home away from home,
Jambo House
dvc happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:39 PM   #8
hilaw
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Joy! View Post
I would be surprised if they did. The points are developer points (Riviera, Dec 2019). Theyíre past their banking deadline. And I donít think that DVC wants to have more points moved into next year than they have already. Theyíre looking at a mess of points from the AUL and VGC closures that will need to be addressed. I just donít see additional extensions coming for points that were already extended once.

I understand the corporate considerations for those AUL and VGC points, but having those resorts closed for six months and counting does not give much options for those points to be contractually used even if they were extended just to 11/30/20.

Not so easy for some West Coast and Hawaii owners to spend them on Florida DVC, plus dues and other costs were spent procuring those points.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #9
Breyean
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaw View Post
I understand the corporate considerations for those AUL and VGC points, but having those resorts closed for six months and counting does not give much options for those points to be contractually used even if they were extended just to 11/30/20.

Not so easy for some West Coast and Hawaii owners to spend them on Florida DVC, plus dues and other costs were spent procuring those points.
Right. I also have a small number of VGC points caught in this situation. I called MS last week and was told I could use them at a WDW DVC resort . So I seriously doubt those of us on the West Coast will get any further relief. But then, we've become used to being a sort of second class DVC citizen over the years out here anyway.
__________________
------
Brian
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #10
hilaw
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
Right. I also have a small number of VGC points caught in this situation. I called MS last week and was told I could use them at a WDW DVC resort . So I seriously doubt those of us on the West Coast will get any further relief. But then, we've become used to being a sort of second class DVC citizen over the years out here anyway.

With recent saber rattling, VGC and Aulani could open soon, so in theory those points could be used in these home resorts before they expire on 11/30/20.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software