home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 03:32 AM   #1
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Default Long Ride Waits have arrived

EasyWDW has a good analysis of the recent wait times which are up 40-67% over the lows of July/August (glad we went in July!!!) - FoP hit 150 minutes over last weekend! Yoikes! MMRR hit >100 min on a Monday! Egads - Not sure what this portends for Thanksgiving week when we're going but starting to wonder.

sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:58 AM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

Disney Tech needs to release limited Virtual Numbers on the top of the hour throughout the day. ( Idea )
What do you think?
And Give resort guests a perk for staying on
DISNEY property only : Open One Hour Early

Have you seen those cash rates for Disney Holidays?!!?

I hope the 2021 Points Charts were released befor Corona ... can DVD change them after tor 2021 Holiday week for example

Last edited by MMC1; 09-16-2020 at 06:14 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:32 AM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

As the virus wanes in the country, especially Florida, the more people will come. Not surprised by the increase in numbers. There have been glowing reports week after week, since the WDW Parks have reopened.

But remember.....These wait time numbers are inflated over pre-covid wait times. Most rides are no full because of social distancing and spacing of guests. Also, there are lots of people eaters that are still not open, forcing more people on to rides. Disney still has a very long way to go.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

If attendance is going up then they need to open FP+ back up. We go for 2 park days after Thanksgiving and am now dreading the lines. We don't typically wait longer than 20-25 mins. If longer we skip. I'd rather be able to get my 3 FP before the trip. And looks like I may wanna switch out our resie at HS for one at AK. Our other day is Epcot and that looks fine.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):
Oct 24-Nov 1 HHI (not DVC), Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Last edited by Lamima; 09-16-2020 at 08:16 AM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:17 AM   #5
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Thanks for the info....We're going Columbus day weekend, and Thanksgiving....starting to realize we'll be in for longer waits. In Oct, we only have HS for 2 days and Epcot for 2 days (arrival and departure days for Epcot.) I am tempted to switch departure day to AK, I think kids would get more out of that than Epcot, as far as rides. DH will still do Epct for F/W.
Realizing that HS is gonna have much, much longer wait times. Might spend a lot more time at the pool, which is why we booked BCV. maybe try to go back at night
I"m looking forward tho to everyone getting a chance to pilot the Falcon, and only having our group in the cockpit. Just not sure when we'll fit in Runaway Railway.....and of course Rise is a crapshoot....
I'm still ok w/o FP. I loved when Smuggler's run didn't have fP, line kept moving
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
But remember.....These wait time numbers are inflated over pre-covid wait times. Most rides are no full because of social distancing and spacing of guests. Also, there are lots of people eaters that are still not open, forcing more people on to rides. Disney still has a very long way to go.
We need the Purple People Eaters!
And yes they are at WDW... but where?

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:34 AM   #7
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Most of the numbers on that chart look pretty good to me...10 minutes for Soarin'? I can see my wife riding that over & over. 28 minutes for FOP? Not bad...

Hollywood Studios is where the big waits are.
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #8
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

But are all 3 theaters open?
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:49 AM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
If attendance is going up then they need to open FP+ back up. We go for 2 park days after Thanksgiving and am now dreading the lines. We don't typically wait longer than 20-25 mins. If longer we skip. I'd rather be able to get my 3 FP before the trip. And looks like I may wanna switch out our resie at HS for one at AK. Our other day is Epcot and that looks fine.
The problem with opening up FP+ is that the standby wait times will soar and will open up all those cans of worms all over again:
  • scrambles to plan your day down to park, meal, attraction 60 days out or more;
  • mad scrambles at 60 days out for FP+ for the popular attractions before they disappear;
  • Only able to get 3 FPs and then have to wait in an artificially longer standby for all the rest;
  • upcharge experiences to bypass lines (further lengthening standby time), etc.

All in the middle of a pandemic when the park experience is already reduced, park hopping doesn't exist, and you have to be masked.

Currently, based on the OP's charts, nearly every attraction can be visited in the first hour with minimal waits. Just get to park at rope drop and do some strategic touring.

DHS is really the only park with major problems. And they will continue to have those problems for quite some time because they have popular attractions and zippo capacity. This was true pre-pandemic and it will be true post-pandemic.

If they move in the direction of FP+ again, I'm totally not regretting our decision to put Walt Disney World on pause for a few years.

Disneyland is so much easier.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:51 AM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffToTheMouse View Post
But are all 3 theaters open?

Nope....And there are four big shows......plus all the small shows too.

Finding Nemo: The Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage