home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Default what would be your disney dream job or disney retirment dream job?

I am suffering from disney withdrawal, having cancelled summer and food and wine this weekend. DH and I have always said we wanted to retire down there and work part time at disney - anyway - I have always said when I retire, I want to work part time in one of the gift shops in the resorts or be one of the greeters that say "have a magical day"
Those are my retirement plans - anyone else? Or am I just a total disney nut?
Old 09-07-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Last year I applied for a part-time horse-related job at Disney's off-site horse ranch in Corona, CA. The job description was a very close fit except for bilingual and weekend availability ... matching much of what I do with and for my critters at home. (My life in one line: Former Techie turned Horsewoman.)

I'm well skilled ... and, from my former career, extremely dependable to follow "process/procedure" ... but could not offer weekend availability. As such, my application was immediately rejected. Tsk, tsk. Their loss. I have much to offer.

Someday, I hope to be a barn-rat in heaven. (Don't take that literally, it is a term for a human who spends every available minute at the stables!) I want to work in God's stable and am preparing myself daily while here on earth.

Copy/Paste below from the Job Posting:
The Stable Attendant is responsible for the maintenance and well-being of the livestock, which includes the feeding, cleaning and exercising of the animals. The Cast Member is responsible for the safety of the Guests, Cast and animals. Creates a magical experience for Park Guests while maintaining an efficient operation.

Responsibilities:
  • Performs basic care for Guests' animals by providing watering. Cast Members are required to clean cages and yard area after use.
  • Cast Members answer questions; provide directions/event information, and other services creating a magical experience for our Guests and Cast Members. Must have a positive attitude.
  • Cast Members will be required to operate a tractor or a truck and trailer (training provided) must have valid driver license
  • Cast Members feed; provide care, exercise, and groom horses and exotic animals. (Grooming horses includes picking up and cleaning out the hooves of each horse every day). Occasionally pulls and maneuvers 25-50 lb. bales of hay. (Some bales may weigh up to 120 lbs. that need to be rolled or tipped into a wagon.
  • Maintains the grounds by sweeping and raking
  • Responsible for all things equine. This includes daily feeding of a variety of draft horses, harnessing for Main St, and keeping all equipment clean and in good working order.
  • Must have equine behavior knowledge; reading a horse’s body language, etc to avoid an accident at all costs.
  • Cast Members administer medications and medical treatments to animals and assess the animals for signs of injury or illness
  • Must be able to work with hay, dust, wood shavings, grains, and a variety of domestic and exotic animals

Basic Qualifications:
  • You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
  • Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
  • This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
  • Must have valid CA Driver License
Preferred Qualifications:
  • Bilingual preferred.
  • Previous experience working with large animals such as horses, sheep, cows, and goats.
  • Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:40 PM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I always wanted to be a boat captain. I love boats in general and think it would be fun to steer one around all day.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:42 PM   #4
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Board Member sounds good. Part-time, pays well, private jet transportation and the meetings are usually held at posh resorts.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #5
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Board Member sounds good. Part-time, pays well, private jet transportation and the meetings are usually held at posh resorts.
That is the job I want...forget being a greeter
Old 09-07-2020, 02:34 PM   #6
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
Last year I applied for a part-time horse-related job at Disney's off-site horse ranch in Corona, CA. The job description was a very close fit except for bilingual and weekend availability ... matching much of what I do with and for my critters at home. (My life in one line: Former Techie turned Horsewoman.)

I'm well skilled ... and, from my former career, extremely dependable to follow "process/procedure" ... but could not offer weekend availability. As such, my application was immediately rejected. Tsk, tsk. Their loss. I have much to offer.

Someday, I hope to be a barn-rat in heaven. (Don't take that literally, it is a term for a human who spends every available minute at the stables!) I want to work in God's stable and am preparing myself daily while here on earth.

Copy/Paste below from the Job Posting:
The Stable Attendant is responsible for the maintenance and well-being of the livestock, which includes the feeding, cleaning and exercising of the animals. The Cast Member is responsible for the safety of the Guests, Cast and animals. Creates a magical experience for Park Guests while maintaining an efficient operation.

Responsibilities:
  • Performs basic care for Guests' animals by providing watering. Cast Members are required to clean cages and yard area after use.
  • Cast Members answer questions; provide directions/event information, and other services creating a magical experience for our Guests and Cast Members. Must have a positive attitude.
  • Cast Members will be required to operate a tractor or a truck and trailer (training provided) must have valid driver license
  • Cast Members feed; provide care, exercise, and groom horses and exotic animals. (Grooming horses includes picking up and cleaning out the hooves of each horse every day). Occasionally pulls and maneuvers 25-50 lb. bales of hay. (Some bales may weigh up to 120 lbs. that need to be rolled or tipped into a wagon.
  • Maintains the grounds by sweeping and raking
  • Responsible for all things equine. This includes daily feeding of a variety of draft horses, harnessing for Main St, and keeping all equipment clean and in good working order.
  • Must have equine behavior knowledge; reading a horse’s body language, etc to avoid an accident at all costs.
  • Cast Members administer medications and medical treatments to animals and assess the animals for signs of injury or illness
  • Must be able to work with hay, dust, wood shavings, grains, and a variety of domestic and exotic animals

Basic Qualifications:
  • You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
  • Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
  • This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
  • Must have valid CA Driver License
Preferred Qualifications:
  • Bilingual preferred.
  • Previous experience working with large animals such as horses, sheep, cows, and goats.
  • Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
How wonderful. Did you go in for an Interview? Sounds like you match it perfect!
Old 09-07-2020, 02:56 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post

Sounds perfect.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:19 PM   #8
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
How wonderful. Did you go in for an Interview? Sounds like you match it perfect!
No, my application was immediately rejected as I could not offer weekends.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #9
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

I want to be a bus driver.

MOD 97
kiapgh23e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:02 PM   #10
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapgh23e View Post
I want to be a bus driver.
I know of an acquaintance who was hired as a bus driver in retirement...he told my friend that they told him after the fact, that they counted the amount of times he smiled in the interview - that was also part of the interview -