home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-30-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
TiggerinaF
One Bedroom

Default Treehouse Villa Parking

I know the rule states each Treehouse Villa can accommodate one vehicle in the Treehouse Villa area itself. Anybody know if and how this is enforced ? I have read you have to get a Parking Pass. With Online Checkin and go straight to the room how does this work ?

Last edited by TiggerinaF; 07-30-2020 at 04:47 PM.
TiggerinaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:33 PM   #2
LauraLea
One Bedroom

Unfortunately, my experience is that it is not enforced. It is very rude to use more than 1 space causing others to search for a parking place. We usually had to park quite far from our villa because neighbors had about 3 cars.

Biggest reason we no longer book a treehouse.

Laura
LauraLea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:38 PM   #3
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerinaF View Post
I know the rule states each Treehouse Villa can accommodate one vehicle in the Treehouse Villa area itself. Anybody know if and how this is enforced ? I have read you have to get a Parking Pass. With Online Checkin and go straight to the room how does this work ?
It's pretty much self-enforcing. There simply aren't any extra spaces, or very few extra. And if you don't use a proper space you will likely be blocking the narrow road.

If you have a second vehicle, your best bet would be to make a friendly arrangement with someone who isn't using theirs. Good luck with that as you can't arrange it in advance. I would not want to stay there without a car. There is bus service but I would hate to depend on it.
Also I would suggest checking in at SSR lobby regardless. It sounds like you will have some questions anyway.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:41 PM   #4
Strangeite
Studio

As others have said, if you use more than one space you are making the life of your neighbor much more difficult. I once saw two groups yelling at each over it.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #5
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

If you have a second car you can probably park it at SSR main lot. Just ask at checkin.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:03 PM   #6
LauraLea
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
If you have a second car you can probably park it at SSR main lot. Just ask at checkin.
We parked our extra car at the Grandstand parking lot. This is where the front desk told us to park. If you are going to have 2 cars, request a villa close to the Grandstand. There is a walking path to the villas from there.

Laura
LauraLea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Not enforced. You have to complain and hope someone cares. Two years ago we were there and I sadly had broken my foot a few days before vacation and couldn't bear weight. The villa next to us took the 4 available spots, parked in their walkway as well as ours! We called and asked manager to come over and speak to the villa guests, which they did not want to do. It was suggested that we park on the next street and walk! Sure, can't walk, but okay. I had to basically tell management get them to move the car or get it towed. Took more than 1 hr for anyone to show from management. The villa continued to take all of the spots for the week and we had to park in our walkway.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:35 AM   #8
TiggerinaF
One Bedroom

Thanks all for the info. I have only stayed at the Treehouse Villas once about 10 years ago, Was thinking about it for an upcoming stay but now am leaning toward another resort. The points were attractive for our Party Size but we will have 2 Maybe 3 Cars.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:38 AM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerinaF View Post
Thanks all for the info. I have only stayed at the Treehouse Villas once about 10 years ago, Was thinking about it for an upcoming stay but now am leaning toward another resort. The points were attractive for our Party Size but we will have 2 Maybe 3 Cars.

Park the extra cars in the Grand Stand area.......Don't be a "that" person who makes a Disney blog, on abusing the parking areas of the treehouse villas, therefore not allowing two other villas to have the ability to park their car, at their villa.

Edited to try not to be humorous in the morning.......

Last edited by tomandrobin; 07-31-2020 at 08:46 AM.
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:42 AM   #10
TiggerinaF
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Park the extra cars in the Grand Stand area.......Don't be a Karen(ish)!

WoW I think calling me a Karen was uncalled for !