home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

Default WDW wait times are up this week

Just a data point, I’ve been helping my friends track wait times to plan their upcoming trip and this week there has been a noticeable uptick of about 50-150% on wait times throughout the day. People are returning to the magic! Take that as a good sign or bad sign depending on how you view the pandemic, but crowd levels were trending up and without as much to do, that could be an issue.

Also, two days ago, 7 attractions went down at Magic Kingdom for about 2 hours. That’s nuts.
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
Ccarroll1100
Grand Villa

We just returned on Saturday and honestly the wait times listed were never accurate. In our experience the wait times were half of what was posted.
Ccarroll1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 01:48 PM   #3
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
Also, two days ago, 7 attractions went down at Magic Kingdom for about 2 hours. Thatís nuts.
I wonder if it was related to a power outage/failure of some kind given so many rides. Not good either way!
Old 07-28-2020, 01:55 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Or cut back on capacity of the rides? Less CM's and less capacity? (complete speculation)
Old 07-28-2020, 01:56 PM   #5
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

We've had some nutso weather the last few days so it may have been for lighting in the area especially if the rides or the queues have outdoor exposure to them.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I mentioned earlier today on another thread that the past 4-5 days, crowds have been picking up at WDW. I think people have been seeing these early trip reports and low crowds and have decided to go.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #7
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I mentioned earlier today on another thread that the past 4-5 days, crowds have been picking up at WDW. I think people have been seeing these early trip reports and low crowds and have decided to go.

Those folks may be in for a crowded (rude!) awakening then. This is the same pattern that happened at Galaxy's edge. Blogs and vlogs posted low crowds at Disneyland last summer. Then humans do what humans do....they overcompensate and go! Then there are crowds.

Ignore the temptation. Murphy's law says crowds won't be low in 2 weeks. Plus they just opened CM free admission for families again of cast members. Just like Galaxy's Edge. Rinse and repeat.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #8
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

Check the app right now and 14 rides are currently down at Magic Kingdom in including Big Thunder, Splash, and Mine Train.

Yowsa. Definiltey going to try to tell my friends to consider going another time.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:18 PM   #9
LauraLea
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
Check the app right now and 14 rides are currently down at Magic Kingdom in including Big Thunder, Splash, and Mine Train.

Yowsa. Definiltey going to try to tell my friends to consider going another time.
Did you look at the radar? Massive thunderstorm going thru.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:19 PM   #10
GiantsNiners11
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
Did you look at the radar? Massive thunderstorm going thru.

Laura
Yeah I just noticed that, thanks, but Carousel of Progress and Pirates are closed too.

Being their travel agent and friends, I'm trying to help them make the best of their upcoming trip and put things into perspective. The only possible perk was low crowds and that looks like it's ending these next few weeks. Monitoring closely for them.