home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Default Anyone worried about FL spike?

We are scheduled to go the tail end of August and the 1st week of Sept. I am now considering rescheduling due to increasing number in FL. Anyone else concerned?
Old 07-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #2
Joeli
Grand Villa

We had trips scheduled and cancelled them. First one at the present time is Oct9-12th and we are debating that as well. Hoping that a downward trend continues...but due to the “choices” many are making here in Florida, we are doubtful... who knew that our 6 year old would wake up this morning and first thing after good morning, says to me, Daddy, I really miss Disney and I hate the virus. I hear ya buddy...I hear ya...

Upcoming:
2021 (Mar - BWV, May - PVB, Jul - DCL Fantasy)
2020 (Oct - BWV, Nov - PVB, Dec/Jan - PVB/BWV)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #3
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

I donít see cases leveling off by the time you take your trip. This virus is very debilitating if your lucky enough to survive.

I still have not banked my Dec trip points in hopes that a miracle will happen by late October ( when I have to officially cancel). No counting on it though. Even our rescheduled trip to my sister in law in Delray Beach will probably not happen in December either.

My only safeguard is I should be able to cancel my SW December airfare and rebook for May without losing any money.

Iím so depressed. Cant even plan for certain a May 2021 trip.....

At any rate, I think you should cancel.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

We were concerned about restrictions being tighter and an already questionable good time with so much closed being limited even more. So we bagged our trip the end of this month. If I were a month or two later I'd be waiting to see truthfully. With FL going backwards too much and restricting more (beyond just facial coverings being required) it's hard to say. Good luck deciding!
Old 07-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #5
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
We had trips scheduled and cancelled them. First one at the present time is Oct9-12th and we are debating that as well. Hoping that a downward trend continues...but due to the ďchoicesĒ many are making here in Florida, we are doubtful... who knew that our 6 year old would wake up this morning and first thing after good morning, says to me, Daddy, I really miss Disney and I hate the virus. I hear ya buddy...I hear ya...
I miss Disney also! This will be my 3rd cancelled trip!
Old 07-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I donít see cases leveling off by the time you take your trip. This virus is very debilitating if your lucky enough to survive.

I still have not banked my Dec trip points in hopes that a miracle will happen by late October ( when I have to officially cancel). No counting on it though. Even our rescheduled trip to my sister in law in Delray Beach will probably not happen in December either.

My only safeguard is I should be able to cancel my SW December airfare and rebook for May without losing any money.

Iím so depressed. Cant even plan for certain a May 2021 trip.....

At any rate, I think you should cancel.
I know the feeling. I am so sick of staying home. I think we will try for the fall with fingers crossed.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:08 PM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
We were concerned about restrictions being tighter and an already questionable good time with so much closed being limited even more. So we bagged our trip the end of this month. If I were a month or two later I'd be waiting to see truthfully. With FL going backwards too much and restricting more (beyond just facial coverings being required) it's hard to say. Good luck deciding!
Thanks. I agree the restrictions make it hard. I was okay with a stay-cation but now the numbers are going up and so many people are not compliant.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #8
Joel0917
Grand Villa

im worried. We have Aug 28-30 in Riviera and a day at Epcot and DHS.
my DW is a teacher, so if there is the 14 day quarantine rule then for her or our kids going to school not sure what we would do.
Stayed: SSR, AKV, AKL, THV, All star music, sprots and movies, , Pop Century, AofA, BLT, CBR, Coronado, CCV and BRV, Poly, VGF, Port Orleans, Swan & Dolphin
Disneyland: 1998,2010, 2014, 2016
Stayed: VGC in 14/16
Disney cruise: 2007, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
Wonder 2x and Fantasy 5x Magic 1x, Dream 1x
Upcoming:
Riviera Aug 2020
Boardwalk Oct 2020
Aulauni Dec 2020 for NYE
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:28 PM   #9
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Florida is currently in a spike. Question if it will be tempered by then.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Cheers.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #10
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Florida is currently in a spike. Question if it will be tempered by then.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Cheers.
Yeah, that is the million dollar question. Hard to predict so being safe seems the reasonable approach. FL is not really taking all measures to stop the spread and that is what worries me.