home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-29-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,903
Default Mandatory masking in Hilton Head Island

I wasnít sure where they should go so I decided to stick it in resorts, if this is not the right place somebody feel free to move it.


Effective tomorrow, Tuesday, June 30. you will be required to wear a mask when inside a business in Hilton head. At restaurants you will be required to wear it except when you were seated at a table to eat. In other words you wear it in, you wear it on thr out, you wear it when you go to the bathroom. (Some people seem to be having a real hard time with that concept)


This ordinance was sorely needed because businesses and restaurants around here apparently thi in Covid does not cross the intercoastal or they were protected by some kind of pixie dust.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
MamaB24
Two Bedroom
 
MamaB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 674
Default

Thank you for the information. We are headed there in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping we don't find ourselves stuck at home instead. I need a break away from home.
__________________
Me , DH , DS (16), DS (14), DD (11), DD (11)

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
Thank you for the information. We are headed there in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping we don't find ourselves stuck at home instead. I need a break away from home.
Yes you do! Find someplace and decompress.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
grayandry
Grand Villa
 
grayandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,094
Default

We have reservations for August 9-14. We are assuming they will shut back down by then. Not sure I want to go somewhere where the people think they donít have to be a part of the solution.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 AM   #5
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,815
Default

We have reservations for August 3 - 9, but weíve given up on them. (AirBnB, so not cancellable.). Maybe things will be better in time to go, but we canít quarantine upon return home, so Iím skeptical.

If only they had done this a month ago . . .

Dirk
__________________


carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #6
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa
 
Simba's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I wasnít sure where they should go so I decided to stick it in resorts, if this is not the right place somebody feel free to move it.


Effective tomorrow, Tuesday, June 30. you will be required to wear a mask when inside a business in Hilton head. At restaurants you will be required to wear it except when you were seated at a table to eat. In other words you wear it in, you wear it on thr out, you wear it when you go to the bathroom. (Some people seem to be having a real hard time with that concept)


This ordinance was sorely needed because businesses and restaurants around here apparently thi in Covid does not cross the intercoastal or they were protected by some kind of pixie dust.
I'm wondering if the comments Justin Thomas made a couple weeks ago about things being wild on Hilton Head, after Nick Whatley tested positive at the RBC Heritage Golf Classic, made the Town Fathers think about things. I'm very glad to see this decision.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:19 PM   #7
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I'm wondering if the comments Justin Thomas made a couple weeks ago about things being wild on Hilton Head, after Nick Whatley tested positive at the RBC Heritage Golf Classic, made the Town Fathers think about things. I'm very glad to see this decision.


That was not a flattering report for HHI.
But it is sold out for the summer. I keep checking and II has no availability.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #8
jtdancy
Studio
 
jtdancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 123
Default

We were there in early June and mask wearing was very sparse. However, the crowds were not that bad and we were 20+ feet from the nearest other families on the beach. I feel like over the last 3 weeks or so, the NC and SC beaches have been full of stir crazy folks packed on top of each other, and now we are in the situation we're in. It stinks, I tell ya. Hoping the resorts don't have to shut back down.
__________________
--
Always planning the next trip
Trip recap videos: YouTube
jtdancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,815
Default

I check daily, and more and more restaurants on HHI are shuttering.

With no coordinated central policy, each town and county is going to do its own thing. In the meantime, SC hit a new record of cases and Beaufort County had three times as many positives as my county and about 1/3 the population.

Dirk
__________________


carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:57 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 9,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I check daily, and more and more restaurants on HHI are shuttering.

With no coordinated central policy, each town and county is going to do its own thing. In the meantime, SC hit a new record of cases and Beaufort County had three times as many positives as my county and about 1/3 the population.

Dirk
Thatís not promising.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software