home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Default Mandatory masking in Hilton Head Island

I wasnít sure where they should go so I decided to stick it in resorts, if this is not the right place somebody feel free to move it.

Effective tomorrow, Tuesday, June 30. you will be required to wear a mask when inside a business in Hilton head. At restaurants you will be required to wear it except when you were seated at a table to eat. In other words you wear it in, you wear it on thr out, you wear it when you go to the bathroom. (Some people seem to be having a real hard time with that concept)

This ordinance was sorely needed because businesses and restaurants around here apparently thi in Covid does not cross the intercoastal or they were protected by some kind of pixie dust.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Thank you for the information. We are headed there in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping we don't find ourselves stuck at home instead. I need a break away from home.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
Thank you for the information. We are headed there in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping we don't find ourselves stuck at home instead. I need a break away from home.
Yes you do! Find someplace and decompress.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
grayandry
Grand Villa

We have reservations for August 9-14. We are assuming they will shut back down by then. Not sure I want to go somewhere where the people think they donít have to be a part of the solution.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 AM   #5
carolina_yankee
Administrator

We have reservations for August 3 - 9, but weíve given up on them. (AirBnB, so not cancellable.). Maybe things will be better in time to go, but we canít quarantine upon return home, so Iím skeptical.

If only they had done this a month ago . . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #6
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I wasnít sure where they should go so I decided to stick it in resorts, if this is not the right place somebody feel free to move it.

Effective tomorrow, Tuesday, June 30. you will be required to wear a mask when inside a business in Hilton head. At restaurants you will be required to wear it except when you were seated at a table to eat. In other words you wear it in, you wear it on thr out, you wear it when you go to the bathroom. (Some people seem to be having a real hard time with that concept)

This ordinance was sorely needed because businesses and restaurants around here apparently thi in Covid does not cross the intercoastal or they were protected by some kind of pixie dust.
I'm wondering if the comments Justin Thomas made a couple weeks ago about things being wild on Hilton Head, after Nick Whatley tested positive at the RBC Heritage Golf Classic, made the Town Fathers think about things. I'm very glad to see this decision.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:19 PM   #7
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I'm wondering if the comments Justin Thomas made a couple weeks ago about things being wild on Hilton Head, after Nick Whatley tested positive at the RBC Heritage Golf Classic, made the Town Fathers think about things. I'm very glad to see this decision.

That was not a flattering report for HHI.
But it is sold out for the summer. I keep checking and II has no availability.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:17 PM   #8
jtdancy
Studio

We were there in early June and mask wearing was very sparse. However, the crowds were not that bad and we were 20+ feet from the nearest other families on the beach. I feel like over the last 3 weeks or so, the NC and SC beaches have been full of stir crazy folks packed on top of each other, and now we are in the situation we're in. It stinks, I tell ya. Hoping the resorts don't have to shut back down.
jtdancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I check daily, and more and more restaurants on HHI are shuttering.

With no coordinated central policy, each town and county is going to do its own thing. In the meantime, SC hit a new record of cases and Beaufort County had three times as many positives as my county and about 1/3 the population.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:57 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I check daily, and more and more restaurants on HHI are shuttering.

With no coordinated central policy, each town and county is going to do its own thing. In the meantime, SC hit a new record of cases and Beaufort County had three times as many positives as my county and about 1/3 the population.

Dirk
Thatís not promising.