home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 01:25 PM   #1
Nickys
Grand Villa

Default ADR booking now open to everyone within 60 days

ADRs available from June 30th for those who had dining reservations cancelled up until Sept 2nd.

New dining reservations for other guests will open up “later”

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-...cellations.htm

Quote:

Eligible Guests with Dining Reservations Cancelled During the Closure
If you had an active dining reservation on or before September 2, 2020 that was cancelled as of May 28 due to the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Resort, you’ll have the opportunity to make new dining reservations beginning on June 30 up to 60 days in advance of your arrival.

Reservations for All Guests
Online reservations for all Guests will reopen at a later date. Please continue to check back for details. Interested in dining at Disney Springs? Select dining locations at Disney Springs are currently accepting reservations for all Guests up to 60 days in advance.

Updated July 7th - dining booking open for everyone

Last edited by Nickys; 07-07-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
LauraLea
One Bedroom

Geezze...

We check in on 9/5. Does not really matter anyway, California Grill Brunch and V&A were the reservations I lost and they are not even showing up as reopening yet.

Laura
LauraLea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Are they still call in reservations? Ugh. I wish they’d go back to online.
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:18 PM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Are they still call in reservations? Ugh. I wish they’d go back to online.
Emails are being sent out with phone numbers to call.

“When you’re ready to make a reservation, call us at 407-939-6690.

Disney Vacation Club Members may call 800-800-9800"

I think that will just be because of the requirement to have had a reservation cancelled by Disney.

The ADR system is up and running for Disney Springs locations, with just the time frame changed to 60 days out. You still get the length of stay up to 10 days etc.

Once they open up to everyone I’m sure they’ll just load the ADR system again.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:28 PM   #5
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Emails are being sent out with phone numbers to call.

“When you’re ready to make a reservation, call us at 407-939-6690.

Disney Vacation Club Members may call 800-800-9800"

I think that will just be because of the requirement to have had a reservation cancelled by Disney.

The ADR system is up and running for Disney Springs locations, with just the time frame changed to 60 days out. You still get the length of stay up to 10 days etc.

Once they open up to everyone I’m sure they’ll just load the ADR system again.
So, this is for now thru September 2nd.

Our 60 day mark for November is July 8th. I’ll keep watching to see what happens. We were almost done with most Thanksgiving reservations when they canceled and switched to 60 days.

I just don’t want to miss the opening.

I wonder if they’ll do this for all canceled reservations? I’m a little confused, but not a lot just a tad.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
So, this is for now thru September 2nd.

Our 60 day mark for November is July 8th. I’ll keep watching to see what happens. We were almost done with most Thanksgiving reservations when they canceled and switched to 60 days.

I just don’t want to miss the opening.

I wonder if they’ll do this for all canceled reservations? I’m a little confused, but not a lot just a tad.
I would hope they would do it for everyone.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #7
EeyoreLover
Studio

We had a dining reservation for August 1st that was cancelled. Here is the email that I just received about the Dining Reservations Update:

Dining Reservations Update

Since you had a dining reservation that was previously cancelled, as we promised in earlier communications, we are offering you the opportunity to make a new reservation beginning on June 30, before reservations open to other Guests on DisneyWorld.com. You can make reservations for select Walt Disney World dining locations or experiences up to 60 days in advance of your arrival.

For more information on the availability of select Walt Disney World Resort hotel, Theme Park and Disney Springs® dining locations, please visit our dining page. Details on experiences may be found here.

Please note that new measures are in place across Walt Disney World Resort dining locations to promote health and well-being of our Cast Members and Guests. To find the latest updates to our dining procedures and offerings, please visit our Know Before You Go page.

Note that the email doesn't specify whether I can make a reservation online or if I have to call to make a reservation. And it doesn't state what time reservations open tomorrow -- all of which would be really useful information. I wish Disney would do a more thorough job communicating the details when they bother to send out email updates.
EeyoreLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #8
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I would hope they would do it for everyone.
Me too. All these dates are just confusing.
I wish they’d just go to 60 days and be done with it.
I’d like to move on and not feel like I’m constantly going to miss something for our trip. Maybe they will after this initial opening. I just don’t know how they will keep doing this going forward.

But, when I think about it there are not too many days left since July 8th is our official 60 day window for Thanksgiving and that had just opened right when they started the mass cancellation of dining.

I just know the wait times for the first call in for dining were long.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #9
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreLover View Post
We had a dining reservation for August 1st that was cancelled. Here is the email that I just received about the Dining Reservations Update:

Since you had a dining reservation that was previously cancelled, as we promised in earlier communications, we are offering you the opportunity to make a new reservation beginning on June 30, before reservations open to other Guests on DisneyWorld.com. You can make reservations for select Walt Disney World dining locations or experiences up to 60 days in advance of your arrival.

For more information on the availability of select Walt Disney World Resort hotel, Theme Park and Disney Springs® dining locations, please visit our dining page. Details on experiences may be found here.

Please note that new measures are in place across Walt Disney World Resort dining locations to promote health and well-being of our Cast Members and Guests. To find the latest updates to our dining procedures and offerings, please visit our Know Before You Go page.

Note that the email doesn't specify whether I can make a reservation online or if I have to call to make a reservation. And it doesn't state what time reservations open tomorrow -- all of which would be really useful information. I wish Disney would do a more thorough job communicating the details when they bother to send out email updates.
Ugh. Good luck. I feel for you and yes, I agree. Not very good communication in different situations.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:19 PM   #10
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreLover View Post

You’re not the only person I’ve seen lament the complete lack of clarity here.

I think someone said if you click the link it tells you. Not sure about when, but dining is usually 6am ET I think?