home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2020, 11:09 AM   #1
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default OFFICIAL Disney Park Pass System Thread

Since reservations are opening Monday and the other thread is kind of a catch all, this is the official Disney Park Pass System Thread for posting experiences, questions, advice and updates.

Introducing the Disney Park Pass Reservation System

Follow the link above for the full details.

Quote:
Plan Ahead for Your Next Park Visit

Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will begin a phased reopening on July 11—with Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopening on July 15.

To manage attendance during this reopening period, while also helping Guests plan ahead before their arrival, we are introducing the new Disney Park Pass system. During this time, all Guests with valid admission will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this new online tool.

To enter a park, both a park reservation AND valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for each person in your party ages 3 and up (limit one park per day).

Booking Dates for Park Reservations

The Disney Park Pass system will be available soon to select Guests. Booking dates vary based on your plans.
  • Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.

Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.

If you booked a vacation package, your ticket eligibility is tied to your package travel dates. To make a park reservation for a different date, be sure to modify your vacation package dates.

If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations.

Want to Book a New Vacation?

By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets.

Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide Guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.

Last edited by carolina_yankee; 06-20-2020 at 03:06 PM.
carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

So, I have questions.

Our AP dies 8/30/20 (the extension) and our next booked trip begins 1/25/21 for 9 nights at SSR (may possibly move at 7 months).

We can actually book a reservation on Monday because we have one day left on Park Hoppers from 2004 that are linked to our account. But, would doing so lock those tickets in for those dates or can I make changes?

Can we buy tickets for our stay since we don’t have media? If so, how? If so, When?

Do I call Member Services?

Do I need to nail this down pronto? Or can I wait to see what is actually happening?

If we can buy tickets, what happens if we decide to move the trip? Will the tickets move with us or are the locked to those dates and non-refundable?

Not very happy.

Old 06-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
dvcres
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

So if you are a DVC guest who HAS a room and no tickets all all, you have to call disney on the 24th to get tickets? Is that what people are hearing?

The cast members we talked with had no idea.
dvcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #4
all4disney
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
So, I have questions.

We can actually book a reservation on Monday because we have one day left on Park Hoppers from 2004 that are linked to our account. But, would doing so lock those tickets in for those dates or can I make changes?
I'm wondering the same. We still have some non-expiring tickets on the books. I'm not even sure how many days are left on them. I think they might still have a day or two of theme park admission, and a bunch of Fun days left. Unfortunately, that information has never been available on MDE. To find out the number of remaining days, we have to send an email with photocopies of the tickets to member services.

I wonder if that information will finally be available on MDE since the number of days you have on your ticket affects the number of park reservations you can make.
all4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:14 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
So, I have questions.

Our AP dies 8/30/20 (the extension) and our next booked trip begins 1/25/21 for 9 nights at SSR (may possibly move at 7 months).

Can we buy tickets for our stay since we don’t have media? If so, how? If so, When?

Do I need to nail this down pronto? Or can I wait to see what is actually happening?

If we can buy tickets, what happens if we decide to move the trip? Will the tickets move with us or are the locked to those dates and non-refundable?

Not very happy.
Make the reservation. Buy the 300.00 4day tix for Universal. Learn to love Potter. Problem solved.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #6
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4disney View Post
I'm wondering the same. We still have some non-expiring tickets on the books. I'm not even sure how many days are left on them. I think they might still have a day or two of theme park admission, and a bunch of Fun days left. Unfortunately, that information has never been available on MDE. To find out the number of remaining days, we have to send an email with photocopies of the tickets to member services.

I wonder if that information will finally be available on MDE since the number of days you have on your ticket affects the number of park reservations you can make.
We had our tickets added one trip. They were ancient and the numbers were starting to rub off (I had them in my wallet for at least 7 years), so I asked MS if they could verify them and add them one trip and they did. My goal is to save them for a potential AP black-out day when things return to normal. They have a $30 value - cheapest park entry ever!

Dirk

Old 06-20-2020, 12:18 PM   #7
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Make the reservation. Buy the 300.00 4day tix for Universal. Learn to love Potter. Problem solved.
You know, if we were willing to stay in a Uni resort, I would consider it!

Old 06-20-2020, 12:19 PM   #8
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcres View Post
So if you are a DVC guest who HAS a room and no tickets all all, you have to call disney on the 24th to get tickets? Is that what people are hearing?

The cast members we talked with had no idea.
Honestly, I think if we count as “room only” (because we only have rooms booked), MS ought to be able to sell us tickets. I doubt the typical hotel reservation line or the ticket line could see our reservation.

Dirk

Old 06-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #9
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
You know, if we were willing to stay in a Uni resort, I would consider it!
Well, you still have DVC points to burn. So no need to pay for a room when you have one pre-paid.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:29 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
So, I have questions.

Not very happy.
So, no guarantee that the park reservation system isn't different, but up until now you could do that with tickets for booking FP's. I have some old tickets that I've passed around while waiting for family to purchase their tickets and not quite getting it done by the dates I've told them they needed them. Once they've bought their tickets then I retrieve my old tickets back to a holding spot. And your situation is different to the point where I'd really think it would be fine.