home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-07-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default NJ/NY/CT Not Allowed at Disney

Please note in this link to what is open and what the new procedures are that Nicky provided in another threat:

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experi...dates/resorts/

There is specific language that anyone under a state imposed quarantine order are not allowed at WDW: "Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort."

They then link to the Florida travel restrictions page. NJ/NY/CT are required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon entering Florida, so we are not allowed at WDW until this order is lifted.

Be very aware that Disney could refuse you entry in check in since they know your address.

Word is that this will be eliminated soon, and I believe the EO itself expires on July 7, but travelers are advised that they very travel at their own risk if they are from the NY tri-state area and this order has not been lifted.

I also don't trust the Governor to not extend it if cases keep rising in Florida. I know that doesn't make sense, but any comment on that would be political.

I will say, personally, WDW issues aside, the existence of this order, let alone that it is still in effect, makes me extremely delighted to not be giving Florida 1 cent of my vacation dollars this summer.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
sallyb
Two Bedroom

We just saw that quarantine order.. we are from UPSTATE NY and have plans to go the end of August.
We booked that trip because of expiration of points (story for another time) in hopes that they may get extended as the others did when park was closed. I am glad things are opening for WDW but we are now worried we will loose them if quarantine doesn’t expire.
We are not even sure if anyone will want to buy them now with all of the unknowns.

1983 Tokyo Disney
99 off site
2003 off site
2005 CBR
2007 Poly
2008 AKL
2009 SSR
2009 AKV/BC
2010 AKV
2010 SSR
2011 AKV
2012 SSR
2012 AKV/SSR
2013 AKV
2014, 15, SSR
2016 x2 SSR
2017 SSR
2018 AKV
2019 SSR/AKV
2020 SSR/SSR

[/size]
sallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:01 AM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Yep, definitely not worth the risk, stupid as it may be.

The world is shit.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:09 AM   #4
LauraLea
One Bedroom

If WDW will be bringing the NBA in by the end of July, this restriction will be lifted. Not a political statement here, but the governor wants the Republican Convention here in August. Again the restriction will need to be lifted.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:59 AM   #5
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

I think it will be lifted soon. Ironically, there are hotspots in other states right now and cases in NY are reported to have decreased a lot.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #6
gopherit
Grand Villa

Texas had this in place and recently lifted California from the list; I suspect other states (either with same rule or being impacted by that rule) will similarly be lifted. It's really ineffectively managed, anyway. Hearing all sorts of reports about the inefficacy of its management from state to state.

As for Florida's COVID #s rising or not with this re-opening of venues, resorts, parks, and tourism in general- if the people are coming from OUTSIDE Florida - and RETURNING to wherever they came from afterwards - Florida might not show more than a slight increase, if anything, related to that. And the idea that the person who flew in from Airport X need not quarantine, even though they shared an airport and plane with the people who originated in Airport Y and passed through Airport X... well, it's all pure craziness.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #7
Nickys
Grand Villa

Also on the same page is this:

“ Walt Disney World Resort Guests may be subject to additional screenings. Before you leave home, please check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution.”

So you could arrive and then be turfed out should you fail a temperature screening too.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 12:41 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Also on the same page is this:

“ Walt Disney World Resort Guests may be subject to additional screenings. Before you leave home, please check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution.”

So you could arrive and then be turfed out should you fail a temperature screening too.
So, I honestly haven’t checked lately because I’m not going right now. Disney might have already addressed this, but...

At least for now, if Disney wants to avoid a potential Covid catastrophe, they really need to amend their cancellation policy. Instead of the less than 30 day cancellation “points go into holding” decision, members who wake up sick prior to arrival should be allowed to cancel without repercussions. Same with cash reservations that normally lose a portion (sometimes a large portion) of their room/package cost. Would some people take advantage? Of course. But in the interest of public safety, it would be preferable to having Typhoid Mary loose at the World for a week because they were locked in to a vacation. Just my .02. (And it isn’t even worth that much. )
Old 06-07-2020, 12:48 PM   #9
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
If WDW will be bringing the NBA in by the end of July, this restriction will be lifted. Not a political statement here, but the governor wants the Republican Convention here in August. Again the restriction will need to be lifted.

Laura

I had the same thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, I honestly haven’t checked lately because I’m not going right now. Disney might have already addressed this, but...

At least for now, if Disney wants to avoid a potential Covid catastrophe, they really need to amend their cancellation policy. Instead of the less than 30 day cancellation “points go into holding” decision, members who wake up sick prior to arrival should be allowed to cancel without repercussions. Same with cash reservations that normally lose a portion (sometimes a large portion) of their room/package cost. Would some people take advantage? Of course. But in the interest of public safety, it would be preferable to having Typhoid Mary loose at the World for a week because they were locked in to a vacation. Just my .02. (And it isn’t even worth that much. )
Old 06-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #10
Steelersforlife24
Studio

Was told by Florida Health board that all you need is a affidavit of residence letter if you have a drivers license of NY, NJ, CT. They will also take utility bill or picture of lease agreement. So if you have family or friends in a close by state. You could just stay with them for 2 weeks prior to your flight. Have a affidavit of residence written up and signed by both you and your friends stating where you were living for past 14 days.

The travel restriction law specifically states that it is from where travel originates or if you have been in an area of high community spread in the last 14 days.

So stay with friends/family for 2 weeks then fly from that same nearby state’s airport and problem solved. Legal and legit.

Just FYI, Universal agent says they are expecting you to follow travel restrictions but that they don’t have any protocols for Drivers license not matching where you flew in from. So worst case, all you should need is copy of your plane ticket from nearby airport showing where you are coming from. A lot of people live in areas different from their drivers license. They are not going to turn people away because of that. She just went on to mention that they will check your temperature at checkin.
Steelersforlife24 is offline   Reply With Quote