home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-03-2020, 08:59 AM   #1
captainjack
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Windsor, Ct
Posts: 513
Default Cancellations

We have reservations for Nov. and were wondering about cancellations. It seems WDW is canceling fire works, parades, etc. Anything that attracts crowds. We were wondering about Food and Wine? Any thoughts?
captainjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:11 AM   #2
Suz333
Two Bedroom
 
Suz333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
We have reservations for Nov. and were wondering about cancellations. It seems WDW is canceling fire works, parades, etc. Anything that attracts crowds. We were wondering about Food and Wine? Any thoughts?
We have reservations in October. We pick October because of food and wine, but we are thinking that food and wine might not happen this year. Itís been a year since weíve been to Disney, which is far too long, and two years for MIL.

We are still going. Yes, it wonít be the same: masks, restrictions, closures, probably no food booths. But, itís still Disney. As much as I agree that sometimes Disney charges too much, and corporate greed has gotten in the way of show, there are still a lot of frontline workers who do their best to deliver the magic every day.

Weíve been trying to support many of the same places we spent money before COVID-19. We definitely want Disney to survive this upheaval. So we will go to the parks in October, and Iím sure we will have a good time, although I am also sure I will be miserable in the mask that I agree I must wear. Before we discovered the food and wine festival, We did our own little food and wine trip around the world showcase, sampling and sharing food from the various quick services restaurants and food booths. We can do that again this year if needed.

As a DVC owner, I have the luxury of knowing that Iíll go again in the future. This trip isnít about being perfect. Neither is the one that we have scheduled in November. Neither is the one that we have scheduled in February, although Iím not sure if princess race weekend will actually happen next year.

We are close enough to drive, though, so our equation for ďis this trip worth it?Ē is different than if we had to fly.
Suz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:23 AM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 18,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
We were wondering about Food and Wine? Any thoughts?
Well, one piece of data I have, FWIW. I've been contacting one of the PfTS organizers for some months now to find out about dates for the event. My most recent email to her was not about dates, but about "if at all." I got an autoresponse:

"Thank you for your email. I am temporarily away from my role right now and look forward to returning soon."

Just about PfTS, and not definitive by any means...but doesn't bode well. If they're not planning these things now at least parts seem unlikely.

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #4
Rozzie
Add-on Aficionado
 
Rozzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Orlando
Posts: 5,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz333 View Post
We have reservations in October. We pick October because of food and wine, but we are thinking that food and wine might not happen this year. Itís been a year since weíve been to Disney, which is far too long, and two years for MIL.

We are still going. Yes, it wonít be the same: masks, restrictions, closures, probably no food booths. But, itís still Disney. As much as I agree that sometimes Disney charges too much, and corporate greed has gotten in the way of show, there are still a lot of frontline workers who do their best to deliver the magic every day.

Weíve been trying to support many of the same places we spent money before COVID-19. We definitely want Disney to survive this upheaval. So we will go to the parks in October, and Iím sure we will have a good time, although I am also sure I will be miserable in the mask that I agree I must wear. Before we discovered the food and wine festival, We did our own little food and wine trip around the world showcase, sampling and sharing food from the various quick services restaurants and food booths. We can do that again this year if needed.

As a DVC owner, I have the luxury of knowing that Iíll go again in the future. This trip isnít about being perfect. Neither is the one that we have scheduled in November. Neither is the one that we have scheduled in February, although Iím not sure if princess race weekend will actually happen next year.

We are close enough to drive, though, so our equation for ďis this trip worth it?Ē is different than if we had to fly.

God Bless you!
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #5
It's Me
Grand Villa
 
It's Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Well, one piece of data I have, FWIW. I've been contacting one of the PfTS organizers for some months now to find out about dates for the event. My most recent email to her was not about dates, but about "if at all." I got an autoresponse:

"Thank you for your email. I am temporarily away from my role right now and look forward to returning soon."

Just about PfTS, and not definitive by any means...but doesn't bode well. If they're not planning these things now at least parts seem unlikely.

Cheers.
sorry, maybe I should know this, but what is/who are PfTS?
__________________


It's Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:46 PM   #6
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 18,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me View Post
sorry, maybe I should know this, but what is/who are PfTS?
Party for the Senses (the 't' should probably not be capitalized in the initialism, but that's the way I've typically seen it written here )

CHeers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #7
It's Me
Grand Villa
 
It's Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Posts: 1,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Party for the Senses (the 't' should probably not be capitalized in the initialism, but that's the way I've typically seen it written here )

CHeers.
Ahhhh, thank you. I just could not figure that one out LOL. And a lower case 't' probably wouldn't have made a difference
__________________


It's Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #8
TexasChick
Grand Villa
 
TexasChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,712
Default

Is there isnít any F&W this year, I think our friends will be out for that October trip. We try to go every 2 years with 2 other families. No F&W means weíll still go in October, but they wonít. We need to use our points up. I have no desire to rent this year with all of this craziness.
__________________
TexasChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:31 PM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36,755
Default

I am expecting Food & Wine Festival but with limited or no special dining experiences. No concerts. Probably no or limited PFTS
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #10
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 18,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Probably no or limited PFTS
I'm hoping for at least "limited." I'll call the day tickets are available if there's any chance for our dates.

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software