home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 06:47 AM   #1
Loro
Grand Villa

Default Enforcement of wearing masks is apparently lacking

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/05/d...-no-masks-sp1/

From the comments it appears that others noticed this as well, and even left after seeing it. Not looking good for parks to open anytime soon if people refuse to comply.

Apparently holding a drink in your hands may keep you in compliance... Which in the Florida summer is pretty much all the time.

Edit: Also reports of people using fever reducers to make sure they will beat the temperature checks.

Last edited by Loro; 05-23-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
bubster
Grand Villa

This is why we are probably going to wait for a vaccine before going back. People can't be trusted to do what it's going to take to safely get things open again, not even the simplest requirements. Can you imagine when they have planefulls of people coming in from all over the country/world bringing the virus with them? It makes me furious. Well, maybe not furious but seriously irritated.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
bakerworld
Grand Villa

IMO if being outside and not standing directly around another person than wearing a mask should be optional. I think it is wrong to see people on a walk with their fellow house members masked. I always say - are you wearing a mask in your house too? I am not masked - I am also more than 6' away. It is very little physical effort to stand away from someone. A young girl - like 30? - actually ran onto a persons front lawn to 'distance' from me. I have to say this whole experience is irritating me. I went shopping with DH yesterday (I refuse to go more than weekly so we had to go to 3 places.) and almost bit off his head when he asked me if I wanted to glove. No! I don't want to glove, or mask, or rub my hands and cart with a antibacterial wipe. No! But I do for all the weirdos out there who think this is really going to help.

We really are a rather gross society if we cannot cover our face when we sneeze or cough and wash our hands. DH said he was always shocked to see a guy sit his beverage on the urinal when using the facility
Old 05-23-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
MelMass
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
IMO if being outside and not standing directly around another person than wearing a mask should be optional. I think it is wrong to see people on a walk with their fellow house members masked. I always say - are you wearing a mask in your house too? I am not masked - I am also more than 6' away. It is very little physical effort to stand away from someone. A young girl - like 30? - actually ran onto a persons front lawn to 'distance' from me. I have to say this whole experience is irritating me. I went shopping with DH yesterday (I refuse to go more than weekly so we had to go to 3 places.) and almost bit off his head when he asked me if I wanted to glove. No! I don't want to glove, or mask, or rub my hands and cart with a antibacterial wipe. No! But I do for all the weirdos out there who think this is really going to help.

We really are a rather gross society if we cannot cover our face when we sneeze or cough and wash our hands. DH said he was always shocked to see a guy sit his beverage on the urinal when using the facility
I 100% agree with everything you said......
MelMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #5
Billy3762
Studio

Does it have to be a mask or just a face covering?

Most masks are hard to breathe through and tend to fog up you glasses if you were them.

But there are some good face coverings that are breathable and more bearable.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy3762 View Post
Does it have to be a mask or just a face covering?

Most masks are hard to breathe through and tend to fog up you glasses if you were them.

But there are some good face coverings that are breathable and more bearable.
It says face coverings

That person snapping pics of people is honestly being an ass. One photo you only see their backs. I saw one person drinking so no mask. Likely those sitting are taking a break and having a small snack or drink. Several others were clearly getting drinks.

This policing and shaming is obnoxious at best. Let companies deal with it. If I were drinking, and someone snapped my pic to shame me, I'd be livid. People need to grow up.

If I am outside and not in a crowded area I won't wear a mask, sorry.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:29 AM   #7
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

I think once Universal is open we'll have a better idea if this is a disaster waiting to happen...
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #8
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

I couldn't agree more..From N.Y. we are tired of all of this and some many of the restrictions are rediculous. My DW can't get a hair cut but Home depot can be packed with people..If we just practiced basic proper hygiene I believe everything and everyone would be much better off..
Old 05-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #9
Billy3762
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
It says face coverings

That person snapping pics of people is honestly being an ass. One photo you only see their backs. I saw one person drinking so no mask. Likely those sitting are taking a break and having a small snack or drink. Several others were clearly getting drinks.

This policing and shaming is obnoxious at best. Let companies deal with it. If I were drinking, and someone snapped my pic to shame me, I'd be livid. People need to grow up.

If I am outside and not in a crowded area I won't wear a mask, sorry.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 AM   #10
Billy3762
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjferry View Post
I couldn't agree more..From N.Y. we are tired of all of this and some many of the restrictions are rediculous. My DW can't get a hair cut but Home depot can be packed with people..If we just practiced basic proper hygiene I believe everything and everyone would be much better off..
Think it's out of control too... were across the river in NJ and feeling the same pain