home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #1
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Default Southwest development

Not having any idea when Disney will open, I had a "back up" flight for DD and F-SIL on June 30th. I moved it to July 1st this morning and a message came up while making the change to the flights this morning so I checked them all.

The message indicated that if the flight still went from the same departing city and arrival city there would be no change in airfare. I checked the other flights that are in there as well and they were all that way.

I have no idea how long that will last, but I'm hoping it does when flights open on May 28th. Interesting development.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Good to know- I am going to check my upcoming flights. Incidentally, I have almost $1500 in credits now that might be very difficult to use before they expire.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:34 AM   #3
Lolaura84
Studio

I have the same message for my 7/28 and 8/3 flights, but the ones two weeks later 8/12 and 8/16 don't have that option. I was guessing that it happens as they start changing flight schedules somewhere between 60 and 90 days out.
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:37 AM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Good to know- I am going to check my upcoming flights. Incidentally, I have almost $1500 in credits now that might be very difficult to use before they expire.
I've been waiting for our flights to change by enough to get refunds instead of credits to try and avoid having too much stack up.

Cheers.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #5
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I've been waiting for our flights to change by enough to get refunds instead of credits to try and avoid having too much stack up.

Cheers.
I did that with Delta- I had an expensive flight booked for Memorial Day weekend ($1,000+) They changed the flight by over 4 hours, so I requested a refund and NOT a credit. It took over a month to show up on my AMex, but it is finally there now.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #6
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
I did that with Delta- I had an expensive flight booked for Memorial Day weekend ($1,000+) They changed the flight by over 4 hours, so I requested a refund and NOT a credit. It took over a month to show up on my AMex, but it is finally there now.
I had a couple of AA Vacations flights (flight plus car and/or hotel) with AA. Refunded both. First took like 7 weeks...second not here as yet

Cheers.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

I need to make a SW reservation but have been hesitating. I have JetBlue credit that I have planned use for in Dec but not even sure about that.