home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 10:51 PM   #1
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Guides

I have been trying to talk to my guide all week and he is not calling me back. His message says he is in the office. He always calls me back. Is anyone else experiences this.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:58 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

DVC sales office has been closed for almost 2 months. Guides are not working. Word is that they'll start again when the parks open.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Guides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
DVC sales office has been closed for almost 2 months. Guides are not working. Word is that they'll start again when the parks open.
My guide works from home. If he is not working he should change his message!
Old 05-22-2020, 03:50 AM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post

Granted he should perhaps change his message but they are all furloughed. Working from home doesn’t change that, he isn’t allowed to so much as answer calls whilst furloughed, since that is his job.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:01 AM   #5
walnuts24
One Bedroom

I posted this in another thread but I was having the same issue and finally got through to a chatty MS person.

I finally spoke with someone at MS today and asked a few questions about sales. Specifically I wanted to know when they would open back up since there is a standard voicemail that essentially the sales office is closed and if they had any incentives in the works.

They didn’t specifically say it but the tone of my conversation was that sales is tied to the parks and cruises and the majority of sales guides probably wouldn’t get back to work until parks are open. It seems like the vast majority of their sales is still direct to impulse type buys or people at the parks and on the tours.
walnuts24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:12 AM   #6
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
I don’t want this to come across snippy, as thats not my intention but when I was furloughed during the 2008 housing crisis, the last thing on my mind was changing a voicemail message. It was an immediate thing so I was scrambling to tie up any loose ends with my customers and staff. Plus, he may be locked out from all Disney technology.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:43 AM   #7
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

I don’t know for sure about the status of “furloughed”, but I would guess that it is at least as strict as being out on short term disability. The few people I know who have had to be out on short term were specifically forbidden from checking email, voice mail, handling any kind of work related phone call, etc. Something about they can’t be doing anything (as in any little thing, no matter how small) related to their job until their employment status changed back active.

If this guide did not think to change the voice mail on his last day of active employment, I would assume he can’t do it now. He could be locked out as previously suggested and he could also be forbidden from even trying to access his work voicemail until his status goes back to active.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:26 AM   #8
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Guides

Disney dropped the ball on this one. They should have insisted the guides out on their voice mail that they are not available until they open up. Maybe we will get some really good deals.