home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 04:32 PM   #1
swilly99
Studio

Default Disney College Program September Arrivals

My bosses DD was scheduled to begin DCP in September and has been told not to report. The September arrivals group has been cancelled.
swilly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:37 PM   #2
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilly99 View Post
My bosses DD was scheduled to begin DCP in September and has been told not to report. The September arrivals group has been cancelled.
aww, that's a shame. I guess with all this uncertainty, they feel they need to, ,but that's just too bad. I know a lot of kids will be disappointed. DD wants to do this program SO badly when she goes to college. (3 years away at least,) so sure hope it doesn't go away.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Ouch.

Very. Big. Ouch.

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
Oh_Joy!
Studio

I guess they donít want to take a chance of there being a spike in infections in the fall and having to send all of those kids home. It must be so disappointing for her but I hope that she gets another chance at a later date.
Oh_Joy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Joy! View Post
I guess they donít want to take a chance of there being a spike in infections in the fall and having to send all of those kids home. It must be so disappointing for her but I hope that she gets another chance at a later date.
That was my first thought, but it could also be the living conditions and social life they want to avoid as well, since if there was an infection, that would spread it pretty quickly through the complex.

Disney has said parks will open at 20-30% of capacity. They may intend that to be for a long time and might feel their furloughed employees are enough to handle whatever scenario they land on.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:29 PM   #6
bassetbeauty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
That was my first thought, but it could also be the living conditions and social life they want to avoid as well, since if there was an infection, that would spread it pretty quickly through the complex.

Disney has said parks will open at 20-30% of capacity. They may intend that to be for a long time and might feel their furloughed employees are enough to handle whatever scenario they land on.

Dirk
I heard this something similar in regards to the 20-30% from someone else. Has that been officially announced? How will they determine who can attend the parks? We still have a reservation for mid-July. I am not sure how comfortable people feel with it though, so we might cancel (if they don't do it for us).
bassetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:06 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilly99 View Post

Ugh. So sorry to hear.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:54 AM   #8
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetbeauty View Post
I heard this something similar in regards to the 20-30% from someone else. Has that been officially announced? How will they determine who can attend the parks? We still have a reservation for mid-July. I am not sure how comfortable people feel with it though, so we might cancel (if they don't do it for us).
30% is the figure they opened with at Shanghai, and they will ramp up 5% each week, subject to the situation. I think this was actually less than they could have opened with.

Chapek might have said they would start with 30% in the interview where he also said masks would likely be required (which they have already gone with).
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #9
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Sorry to hear that, so disappointing.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #10
jtdancy
Studio

Sorry to hear about the CP.

In regards to Shanghai, I believe the government said they could reopen at 30% of capacity. On the Disney Dish podcast, they said "In an abundance of caution" Disney chose to actually start at closer to 15 - 20% of capacity - and increase roughly 5% each week things went well - until they hit the actual 30%.

I would imagine a similar ramp up to WDW whenever the opening is, in fact, announced.
jtdancy is offline   Reply With Quote