home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
Norl
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Planned reopening dates to be presented for Florida parks.

According to WDW News Today, WDW is required to present their planned opening dates to the Florida task force tomorrow.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/05/breaking-w...orce-tomorrow/
Norl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I would caution that dates presented are not necessarily the date Disney will reopen the WDW parks......But its still progress.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #3
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Interesting. I would have expected them to see how Disney Springs reopening goes before setting park opening dates.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I would caution that dates presented are not necessarily the date Disney will reopen the WDW parks......But its still progress.
I read a news article that said "proposed" so they may or may not hit that date. I would imagine they are serious about whatever dates they provide.

It will be interesting to see when all the parks open and how. I would imagine every park in every location will have their own timelines. What we see for WDW should not be expected for DLR. Or DLP shouldn't be indicative for DLR even. Interesting to watch how each location (likely driven highly by governments) will handle everything.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:31 PM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I read a news article that said "proposed" so they may or may not hit that date. I would imagine they are serious about whatever dates they provide.

It will be interesting to see when all the parks open and how. I would imagine every park in every location will have their own timelines. What we see for WDW should not be expected for DLR. Or DLP shouldn't be indicative for DLR even. Interesting to watch how each location (likely driven highly by governments) will handle everything.

I am still expecting Mid-July.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I am still expecting Mid-July.
I honestly have no idea about WDW at this point. That's why we didn't bother to even attempt to reschedule. I want a real clue, with a real idea. I will take tomorrow as a guideline but not fact yet unless they tell me otherwise.

Other parks will be interesting to watch. I do guess DLP before DLR but could be wrong LOL.

I also wouldn't be shocked if something else opens for WDW before mid-July but not sure what or how.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #7
Norl
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Interesting. I would have expected them to see how Disney Springs reopening goes before setting park opening dates.
If it was up to Disney they probably would. I am reading this as Florida forcing their hand a bit.
Norl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #8
TexasChick
Grand Villa

If they say mid-July for reopening, at least those of us with late June or early July trips could go ahead and cancel knowing those trips aren’t going to happen. I truly feel like we’re being strung along at this point. They know when they’re targeting a reopening date. Just rip off the bandaid. It would take something drastically changing to shut the country down again IMO. What they’re doing now is learning how to coexist with this virus because that’s kind of all we can do for now. :/
Old 05-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #9
walnuts24
One Bedroom

Disney has announced that they will not be presenting their opening plan tomorrow.
walnuts24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:00 PM   #10
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnuts24 View Post
Disney has announced that they will not be presenting their opening plan tomorrow.