home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-17-2020, 08:42 PM   #1
N C State Tigger
Studio

Default "Older" MOs when will you feel safe to return to WDW

I have a reservation booked for a few days the middle of June for myself, DD, DSil and granddaughters. Another trip in Novemer for entire family, includes self, DH, 3 adult kids, spouses and 4 grandchildren.

Not sure in June resorts and parks will be open.

Last conversation with daughter about trying to change to July or August, she says "Mom I don't think you should go then and maybe not in November either" !!

I am 72, diabetic (controlled with meds and diet), but otherwise in good health.
I just don't feel too old to go, but I have started having doubts.
So, I wondered, when do other "older" MOs
plan to return.
N C State Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
twingirls
Two Bedroom

I am in my early 40s (on Humira) and donít feel comfortable with going. We are canceling our July reservation. My parents were going to go too and they had planned on going with us but dropped out before us. My Dad is 71 and has type 1 Diabetes and my Mom is 69 and has well controlled hypertension. Currently they have a reservation for February but itís a wait and see. My Mom said 1 of 3 things need to happen. A good treatment (like tamaflu is for the flu), a vaccine or show that more than 60% of the population has had it with immunity. Her beliefs may change as we deal with this for a longer time but we will see.
twingirls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:13 PM   #3
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

I would feel comfortable going. The only problem I would have is the mask they are very hot to wear and with summer I would think it would be very hard to breathe wearing one. I believe by July 1 that most of the virus will have died down but who knows for sure and who knows when we will be back to normal.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #4
twingirls
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
I would feel comfortable going. The only problem I would have is the mask they are very hot to wear and with summer I would think it would be very hard to breathe wearing one. I believe by July 1 that most of the virus will have died down but who knows for sure and who knows when we will be back to normal.
Would love if that happened. Even if I cannot get a new reservation and others get enjoy a quiet Disney.
twingirls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #5
grayandry
Grand Villa

My thought is, if you are questioning it - then you already have your answer.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:32 PM   #6
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I have a June 7 BC week. I am close to 70. I was going if it was open . Now it does not seem likely and I am somewhat relieved . But if it is open I will still go.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:44 PM   #7
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We have September and October trips that we're currently planning to take. mrs. brp is making some lightweight masks from an old pair of lounge pants that had a hole in them. Good for summer here...or there...

Cheers.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #8
capeokw56
Grand Villa

I'm 63 with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure but both under control. DW is 57 but has asthma so I'm more concerned for her.

We have a Thanksgiving reservation with all our kids and grandson and then reservations in January and March for just the two of us. We'll be watching and waiting to see how this all develops and make our decision before the 30 day mark. Things would have to change drastically before I'd even consider going to WDW this summer.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:53 PM   #9
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

I have a partial reservation for late September and a full one for early December. No question I will go in December. For September the safety aspect is unclear; I will have to "play it by ear". The more "unsafe" it is, the more people will stay away, thereby making it safer....
FWIW I am late 60's and in excellent health.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 05-17-2020 at 10:10 PM.
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:25 PM   #10
OLDDISNUT
One Bedroom

Also 72, have a reservation in October and am serious considering canceling. Waiting to see what happens when parks open and what happens by August. Don't want to take a chance with airlines and crowded parks. Rather cancel this year and not take the chance of everything flaring up again in the fall and being able to enjoy many more years after this year!!!!
OLDDISNUT is offline   Reply With Quote