home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Default Member Services and points

I surprisingly got through to MS in about 10 minutes.

Recording tells you to hang up and call back after March 31 if your reservation is after that date. I ignored that.

I asked the CM about banked points. No restoring them.

I asked about borrowed points and he gave me the same answer. He was very pleasant and supportive stating that management had just reversed the decision due to inventory issues. I pointed out that in the past, for emergent situations this has been allowed, and also some folks received that ability at the beginning of the crisis to restore points - and this is not having a fair and equitable rule. This is an unprecedented situation, and all should be treated the same. He agreed and said he hoped management was thinking it over.

I was told that the concern was over the control of inventory. I politely explained that they have never had control over inventory with the bank/borrow rule. If one has 100 points, banks them and then borrows for 300 points - that is not inventory control, unless they have some unknown plan to address every member doing likewise every year!

He strongly suggested we ALL write and voice our concern as it seems that April 1 will not be the end of this crisis. I would encourage everyone to write and state your position politely. This is a national healthcare crisis. It is a multi faceted problem that rigidity will not help or fix. This is the time to break out that customer service, bit the bullet and help owners by doing what is right and what will ultimately help Disney.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #2
pdude81
Grand Villa

I remember reading that they have the right to suspend banking and borrowing if the point structure gets too far out of balance, so I think they always would have had the ability to do that.

Now what I don't understand is how you could have a stay in april at the end of your April UY, and the resorts end up closed through April. So even if you cancelled it wouldn't matter. Perhaps they will be giving out some sort of "Disney Collection" equivalence for these people even if you don't normally qualify for a trade.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Now they aren't even going to return borrowed point ??? Wow. This just gets worse!

I understand that they feel they could have an inventory issue next year - but sheesh - they have so many options to help out
(1) Sit on their own points instead of putting them into CRO
(2) Declare more inventory at Riviera - maybe even do a speical one-time program of letting people book inventory at Riviera that would not normally have been declared but the non-owners who book have to spend points + cover the MFs on the points they use. They would fill up Riviera in a heart beat even with requiring people to pay the MF and it would loosen up inventory everywhere allowing people to use their points. They might even sell more Riviera if they let more people stay there all the while brimming with good will at DVC for doing something extra to help in this point crisis. I mean seriously, with how they are handling this situation does anyone here feel the urge to go out and buy more points ?

C'mon DVC - get creative! Make some lemonade instead of passing out lemons.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I feel bad for those losing the points. especially since I got mine back today. It was only 64 points but it might help my kid smile again.

I get the banked point issues, but I do wish they could do something. Even offer Disney collection stays or something....
Old 03-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #5
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile Currently hhi still open

I had grwat stay at hhi, and its currently still open.

In case anyone has points expiring.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:25 PM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
I had grwat stay at hhi, and its currently still open.

In case anyone has points expiring.

Goldi
HHI will be closing at 5 pm on 3/20.

Announcement at top of page here: https://hiltonhead.disney.go.com/
Old 03-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
now they aren't even going to return borrowed point ??? Wow. This just gets worse!

I understand that they feel they could have an inventory issue next year - but sheesh - they have so many options to help out
(1) sit on their own points instead of putting them into cro
(2) declare more inventory at riviera - maybe even do a speical one-time program of letting people book inventory at riviera that would not normally have been declared but the non-owners who book have to spend points + cover the mfs on the points they use. They would fill up riviera in a heart beat even with requiring people to pay the mf and it would loosen up inventory everywhere allowing people to use their points. They might even sell more riviera if they let more people stay there all the while brimming with good will at dvc for doing something extra to help in this point crisis. I mean seriously, with how they are handling this situation does anyone here feel the urge to go out and buy more points ?

C'mon dvc - get creative! Make some lemonade instead of passing out lemons.
I 100% agree!
Old 03-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #8
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I feel bad for those losing the points. especially since I got mine back today. It was only 64 points but it might help my kid smile again.

I get the banked point issues, but I do wish they could do something. Even offer Disney collection stays or something....

I am glad you got yours back. As time goes on, this becomes a bigger issue. Disney does need to work with owners to make this a win win for all.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #9
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

If they allowed banking into 1 or 2 years going forward, it would spread out the demand for 2 years and 'flatten the curve'.
ggatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:05 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I do not understand the decision to no longer return borrowed points when they were. Those points aren't native to the current UY anyway. And once started then it's being unfair to not continue. As mentioned it's been done before for weather events.

However they might not get the same breakage income that they have in the past.