home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Default Southwest-changing flights for lower fares

Has anyone been successful trying to change flights because of lower fares in the last day or so? My potential "new" flight would save me $69 with the same times, dates, and locations. However, when I get to the last page, I get an error message "There was an issue verifying your flight information [although of course, I'd had to put in my confirmation]. Please go back and reselect." I've done that about 10 times-no luck! Then I've called Southwest, they put me in a queue, promise to call back in 32 or 21 minutes (I've tried twice), then never call back. And my Email's gone unanswered. All I can think is that they're overwhelmed due to the corona virus. But why promise rebooking if now it can't be done. That's my experience yesterday and today. Anyone have any better luck or can tell me what I might be missing trying to rebook?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Has anyone been successful trying to change flights because of lower fares in the last day or so? My potential "new" flight would save me $69 with the same times, dates, and locations. However, when I get to the last page, I get an error message "There was an issue verifying your flight information [although of course, I'd had to put in my confirmation]. Please go back and reselect." I've done that about 10 times-no luck! Then I've called Southwest, they put me in a queue, promise to call back in 32 or 21 minutes (I've tried twice), then never call back. And my Email's gone unanswered. All I can think is that they're overwhelmed due to the corona virus. But why promise rebooking if now it can't be done. That's my experience yesterday and today. Anyone have any better luck or can tell me what I might be missing trying to rebook?
Just call. Iíve had that message in the past, and was able to re-book by calling. Customer service is really nice! And you have the option to wait on the line, or let them call you back when itís your turn without losing your place in line. That way you arenít stuck on hold.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
ajc
Grand Villa

as a SW member it was easy to modify on-line.
I logged into my account
clicked on upcoming flights
at the bottom is a change flights button
used my confirmation # (not member #) to modify and saved $107 pp on my flights.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #4
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Iíve had issues in the past as well. I agree with PP about calling. They can do it over the phone even if we canít do it online. Their website/app have been touch and go lately. I was trying to modify a reservation a few days ago and kept getting logged out and couldnít log back in. It was annoying but eventually worked.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:48 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

We changed our Memorial Day weekend flights....saved $169 per ticket.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:57 AM   #6
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Just call. Iíve had that message in the past, and was able to re-book by calling. Customer service is really nice! And you have the option to wait on the line, or let them call you back when itís your turn without losing your place in line. That way you arenít stuck on hold.
Unfortunately, I did this twice and they never called back even though the recorded message said they would call in 32 minutes. After several hours, I called again, and this time they'd call in 22 minutes. Now, 22 HOURS later, they still haven't. Neither has an Email to Customer Service been acknowledged.

And although it seemed fairly easy to change flights on-line, that message "There was a problem verifying your flight information. Please go back and reselect" has made it impossible after more than 10 tries. I just want to know if anyone's been able to do it in the last day or two.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:36 PM   #7
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Yup. We've changed quite a few WN flights in the last few days. Because we book each leg separately and each book our own flights to take advantage of credit card rebates, we have a lot of flexibility for each changes. No problems at all.

Doing the same with AS and have banked like $560 there. And their policies are better than WN in that travel must only be booked by the travel funds expiration date, not flown, as is the case with WN.

Cheers.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Unfortunately, I did this twice and they never called back even though the recorded message said they would call in 32 minutes. After several hours, I called again, and this time they'd call in 22 minutes. Now, 22 HOURS later, they still haven't. Neither has an Email to Customer Service been acknowledged.

And although it seemed fairly easy to change flights on-line, that message "There was a problem verifying your flight information. Please go back and reselect" has made it impossible after more than 10 tries. I just want to know if anyone's been able to do it in the last day or two.
Iím sorry! Iíve always had really good luck with that. Hope that you can get your flights changed without too much more trouble.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:15 PM   #9
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Yup. We've changed quite a few WN flights in the last few days. Because we book each leg separately and each book our own flights to take advantage of credit card rebates, we have a lot of flexibility for each changes. No problems at all.

Doing the same with AS and have banked like $560 there. And their policies are better than WN in that travel must only be booked by the travel funds expiration date, not flown, as is the case with WN.

Cheers.
Thanks! You've at least given me incentive to try again. And tomorrow I'll try calling again.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:59 PM   #10
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Has anyone had any luck with Southwest extending the period of time you can rebook your flight, if you need to cancel? I foolishly used our $10 pp in travel funds for our May 2020 trip (booked Oct 30, 2019, but travel funds were to expire May 29, 2020). Now that I am possibly having to cancel my May trip I stand to lose all ~$1,260 in gift cards and credit card that I used to pay for the rest of the fare. I'm waiting for Southwest to call me back. 52 minute wait.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote