home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 04:45 AM   #1
MMC1
Grand Villa

Default Tres Chic Daily Activity Guide for The Riviera

Bienvenue!
Tonight in Florida was perfectly exquisite weather in Florida so I decided to visit the newest taste of European Vacation choice from DVC with Walt Disney (Iwish) for tour guide. I arrived via the newest transport selection available, of course, the First Class SkyLiner from Epcot direct. Nothing but the best from Walt...

Daily Activities seem extra special selections for Riviera Guests:

Lawn Games Bocce Ball and Foot Snooker

Riviera Grand Prix- Guests of all ages can assemble their own cars and race them down the Monaco Inspired track at the Movie Lawn

Opening Regatta- All hands on deck for our morning Regatta race. Thirty minutes prior to pool open(10am) , crews (aka lifeguards) will assemble to see who has the fastest ship(remote control) in the Mediterranean. At the culmination of this great race the pool will open for the day!

Plus Story Time nightly 7:30pm Children are invited to gather in the Eventi Room to hear Disney stories from the films that were inspired by European folklore.

Artistry:
Paint your own Animation Cell($) Saturday’s Experience What it might have been like to be a Disney Ink&Paint artist.

Mediterranean Masterpiece($) Thursday’s. Create a magical memento to take home and enjoy for years to come

Painting on the Riviera($) Sunday’s Instructor led class to paint Disney Inspired picture

Art Scavenger Hunt : Self led activity pick up clue guide at the DVC Sales desk and embark on search for the classic Disney inspired Masterpiece Artistry throughout the Resort.

Cote D’Azur Campfire for a marshmallow roast and you must see the picture of the marshmallow chef designed marshmallow desert selection pictured on the daily guide!

Skyline Rally Scavenger Hunt: Sunday Tuesday Thursday Saturday at noon: self led adventure throughout the Disney SkyLiner Resorts. Begins at the Eventi Room

Topolino Trot Fun Run($) Sunday’s run full of Disney fun as you travel around Barefoot Bay To book visit concierge or call 407-WDW-Play

($) There is a fee for select activity

Also fun to see the Disney Movie Posters on display from foreign countries as I wandered the Resort this evening.
I did visit the lobby desk to inquire if my DVC Guide from 2001 direct purchase was still selling ,Only available by phone Sales, but good to know he has survived a successful sales career with DVC.
And yes they will make an offer on those BRV points to purchase back my original to buy that Fixed Week if I desire. So tempting on this relaxing beautiful resort Rivieraaaah...

Last edited by MMC1; 02-15-2020 at 01:43 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:00 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Sounds wonderful!
Old 02-14-2020, 06:04 AM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

I plan to use my new Tables in Wonderland card to park at Riviera for coffee and Regatta some morning soon! Actually have a 1 night reservation in a Tower Studio in July. I keep checking for random availabilty. Great to live in Celebration and just pack a toothbrush.
If only they had a SkyLiner from Celebration to WDW property!
Old 02-14-2020, 07:32 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Thank you! That all sounds fun!
Old 02-14-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
Crafty
Grand Villa

What did you mean about Disney taking back an old contract to enable the purchase of RR?

I have never heard of this. How do I sign up? Or do they offer you $25 per point?
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #6
pereed11
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thanks for the Riviera Resort rundown of activities. I think we will hit up story time! My five your old will at least love riding the skyliner there!
pereed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #7
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Can't wait for my first stay!
Old 02-14-2020, 10:09 AM   #8
MMC1
Grand Villa

The Story Hour should be fun.
I know The Grand. Californian had story hour nightly in front of their grand fireplace in rhe lobby. I think the adults enjoyed it more than the children.

I always forget to look at the Daily Activity Guide until I have returned from my trip and unpacking. I know Carolina Yankee just stayed there. Maybe he can tell us if he enjoyed any of the activities. It was so relaxing walking around last night. We sat at a table neat the waters edge and watched the movement of the SkyLiner passing by and the lighting reflecting off the water was picture perfect.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:28 AM   #9
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
What did you mean about Disney taking back an old contract to enable the purchase of RR?

I have never heard of this. How do I sign up? Or do they offer you $25 per point?
I have never heard of this either but that is what the DVC person in lobby at the Riviera told me. I am tempted to call my guide Chris since he only sells by phone to have a discussion about my options. I am remembering 200 Wilderness Lodge points at $50 per back in Dec 2000(?) and they are currently reselling around $99. So I figure Disney will offer 75 maybe. Don’t know about closing contract costs but still not a good deal for anybody but Disney.
I’m afraid if I call I will say yes cause last night the resort was gorgeous and picture perfect! New and shiny! I would have signed anything last night. No wonder they want you to visit and just enjoy.
Warning Stay away!
Old 02-14-2020, 10:51 AM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I have never heard of this either but that is what the DVC person in lobby at the Riviera told me. I am tempted to call my guide Chris since he only sells by phone to have a discussion about my options. I am remembering 200 Wilderness Lodge points at $50 per back in Dec 2000(?) and they are currently reselling around $99. So I figure Disney will offer 75 maybe. Donít know about closing contract costs but still not a good deal for anybody but Disney.
Iím afraid if I call I will say yes cause last night the resort was gorgeous and picture perfect! New and shiny! I would have signed anything last night. No wonder they want you to visit and just enjoy.
Warning Stay away!
They only rarely do offer this and if they do expect pennies from them vs private resale. Walk away! Last person I had seen an offer given to (last year) it was around $50ish per point. They want be fair at all and they very well can rescind any offer like this.