home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Oga’s Cantina. Should it come with a warning?

So, I’ve read several posts from other MO’s about their kiddos or other family members who need noise-cancelling earplugs or headphones in order to enjoy the fireworks. After our trip to Oga’s, I have to wonder, should there be a warning about Oga’s too? I don’t normally have problems with noises or sensory overload. But 20 or so minutes in Oga’s was surprisingly stressful to me. It was just so loud, and I wasn’t expecting that at all. Not sure if others have experienced this, or if I am just used to a quieter life. But if you have members in your party that do not tolerate situations like this, be prepared before you go!

Last edited by ermindy1133; 02-13-2020 at 10:07 PM.
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

We are reconsidering our ADR in March with just my son and I for a few reasons. The forced standing is a no go for me and when my pain and anxiety are ramped up, noise really bothers me. I'm still deciding if we should keep it just to walk in and leave.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:52 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
We are reconsidering our ADR in March with just my son and I for a few reasons. The forced standing is a no go for me and when my pain and anxiety are ramped up, noise really bothers me. I'm still deciding if we should keep it just to walk in and leave.
We were seated, which was surprising. But we were seated with “travelers” from other lands who were having an excellent time and weren’t at all bothered by the noise, if you get my meaning. I think I would have been better if we had been standing alone in a little corner somewhere. That still wouldn’t help you, though. If you make an ADR and don’t buy anything, do you still get charged the 10pp like you do for a reservation no-show?
Old 02-13-2020, 02:52 PM   #4
coastak
Grand Villa

Quote:
Us as well. We have ADR is FEB(Adults only); June(our kids); August(our kids and niece and nephew)

After we go in February with just adults we will evaluate whether or not we take the kids. We are 98% canceling in June, might keep August since my nephew is so into star wars.
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Our reservation time was 10:05am. We were probably seated around 10:25-10:30. Don’t know if that helps either of you.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
We were seated, which was surprising. But we were seated with “travelers” from other lands who were having an excellent time and weren’t at all bothered by the noise, if you get my meaning. I think I would have been better if we had been standing alone in a little corner somewhere. That still wouldn’t help you, though. If you make an ADR and don’t buy anything, do you still get charged the 10pp like you do for a reservation no-show?
I have no idea... we could likely reschedule and cancel if an issue. We'll look at it again before we leave too and decide.

I became even more unsure when I found out drinks are premade too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastak View Post
Us as well. We have ADR is FEB(Adults only); June(our kids); August(our kids and niece and nephew)

After we go in February with just adults we will evaluate whether or not we take the kids. We are 98% canceling in June, might keep August since my nephew is so into star wars.
It'll be the other way around for us. No matter what our mid year trip will have to go (kid included) the March we might drop since it's just the 2 of us.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #7
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I went once because you have to go once. I went a second time to show it to my daughter. I can't imagine ever going back. Oga's is a perfect example of something that could have been great, that pretty much sucks.

Bippity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #8
coastak
Grand Villa

Quote:

I became even more unsure when I found out drinks are premade too.
Are all drinks premade there? I assumed from the concept art the bartenders were making drinks... disappointing. Most Disney premade drinks are WAY overloaded with sugar
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:26 PM   #9
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Are all drinks premade there? I assumed from the concept art the bartenders were making drinks... disappointing. Most Disney premade drinks are WAY overloaded with sugar
No idea. Our backs were to the bar and it was far to crowded to see what was going on behind the bar.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
That's what I read. Disappointed me too because I agree, they are often far too sweet. Not sure what the point of bartenders other than providing a show.