home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #1
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Blt - mousekeeping barged in

I had a great xmas - nye trip.

But I had an accident on my scooter, and pulled a muscle, so needed to soak in the tub.

Mousekeeping came into my room shouting trash only. And even though I tried to warn her off from tub / bathroom, she charged in.

Looks at me and says trash only. I was so embarrassed because I was naked in the tub.

I told housekeeping. But nothing came of it other than the supervisor said they would talk to the person.

This is beyond the pale.

I should have barricaded door but hubby was getting food And was expected to return shortly.

Oh well. Lol. Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:30 PM   #2
Dana
Grand Villa

This is where this nonsense is crossing the line. They have no right anywhere to come in and remove all privacy. Did you not have the bathroom/bedroom door locked?
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Oh wow! That is not OK! I hope you reported this to member services as well. What a violation of privacy! Coming into the bathroom while your bathing is definitely something I would take up the chain, but you should do what you feel is appropriate. Iím sorry this happened to you.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #4
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

That is NO WAY okay!!! Very high ups need to be chatted with. This crosses the line so much.
WDWGoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:19 PM   #5
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post

But I had an accident on my scooter, and pulled a muscle, so needed to soak in the tub.

Mousekeeping came into my room shouting trash only. And even though I tried to warn her off from tub / bathroom, she charged in.

Looks at me and says trash only. I was so embarrassed because I was naked in the tub.

I told housekeeping. But nothing came of it other than the supervisor said they would talk to the person.

This is beyond the pale.

I should have barricaded door but hubby was getting food And was expected to return shortly.

Oh well. Lol. Goldi
ridiculous

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #6
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

I didn’t realize that trash only was through out the entire villa until our September 2019 stay at BCV. I thought they just took Kitchen trash, not the little waste baskets in each room. We had a 2 bedroom villa.

I left items on the bed and I had lost an earring so I wanted to inspect the wastebaskets before it went out. I came back and all had been emptied.
This policy really allows room entry at anytime and that’s not right. If there’s no privacy and you have to keep valuables locked up at all times, then the rooms need to be cheaper.
I’m not accusing anyone of stealing, I found my earring, thankfully.
Just when do you get to relax?

I wonder if piling all the trash by front door would work to keep them out of my room?
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:42 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

This was so rude-I'm speechless at this event! However, in case anyone else is fearing this can happen to them, fortunately, I've taken many solo trips and never been barged in on. I was so afraid of it happening. On my last trip, at the Poly Villas, housekeeping came by for trash, and knocked at least twice, but in my fogginess (I was napping) I thought they were knocking next door. The CM came in, but as soon as they saw me (fully dressed but obviously napping), the CM apologized profusely and left immediately.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #8
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Unbelievable. There's simply no excuse for this.
I would contact Disney Guest Relations and MS and raise a big stink about this. Resort Guests must have some kind of expectation of privacy in their room - most especially in the bathroom! Who in their right mind would barge into a bathroom knowing someone was in there ? Seriously - when someone is occupying a bathroom, odds are good they are doing something in there that demands a little privacy.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #9
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post

This is beyond the pale.

Oh well. Lol. Goldi
Ugh, I'm so sorry that happened. That was totally unacceptable and borderline illegal. What if she had been a man?

This is predictable from their policy and has to be addressed. At some point, it will be a male housekeeper and a teen girl in the shower, and there will be lawsuits and arrests.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:19 PM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I really hope you filed a complaint with the resort manager. I get that they come in for their "inspections" and trash removal. But if you are in the bathroom, they have no right to just barge in on you like that. I would be pissed to put it mildly.