home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 01-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36,333
Default Have A Stupid Question? 2020 Edition

Happy New Year!


If you have a stupid question to ask, ask it here without fear of reprisal or being told to go use the search button.

It may or may not get answered, depending on who sees it when.

It may be a such good question that someone will suggest you take it prime time and make it its own thread.

You may get a great answer.

Or several!

Or a stupid answer.

Ready....go!




__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36,333
Default

2019 thread


2018 thread


2017 thread
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,439
Default

What happens to a confirmation That included DVC One Time Use Points purchase, if I cancel?
Will they be available for me to book online ?
Only available using DVC Guest Service phone call?
Basically going to need more points to walk and trying to work the system.
Thanks for assistance
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:53 AM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
What happens to a confirmation That included DVC One Time Use Points purchase, if I cancel?
Will they be available for me to book online ?
Only available using DVC Guest Service phone call?
Basically going to need more points to walk and trying to work the system.
Thanks for assistance
Yes, in order to use one-time use points you have to call Member Services.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #5
captainjack
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Windsor, Ct
Posts: 513
Default Stupid Question

I understand that to get a group number for RoTR you have to enter the park then access your MDE on your I phone. What do us seniors do that don't have I phones?
33 days til BWV
Thanks
captainjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
I understand that to get a group number for RoTR you have to enter the park then access your MDE on your I phone. What do us seniors do that don't have I phones?
33 days til BWV
Thanks
There are blue-shirted CMs with iPads who will do it for,you. Be inside the park before official park opening and find one of them; then cling like a limpet to him/her! They’ll scan each magic band / RFID ticket of those in the party, create your boarding party and register you.

There are then boards around the park I believe with the boarding groups currently called.

You don’t need an iPhone, just a phone that will run the MDE app. I know your pain, last time my phone was apparently not “smart enough” to be able to run the latest version of the app. Hopefully next year my phone will do the job - but I have a DH and 2xDS who are all iPhone nerds!
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:29 AM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,439
Default

Good advice from Nicky
. Remember it will be dark in early winter am and the Guest Experience Team members wear a blue vest, I think and are hard to spot because they are surrounded by guests. Their is a specific blue umbrella with Guest Experience words on it but it was still dark and the umbrellas were not opened yet.
I saw a GET on corner of Starbucks location and one on corner outside the store before the circular hub opening . So right side SB and left side hub open as you enter for the day.
The Boarding Countdown Board is in front of ROTR obviously. Also saw one kinda tucked into fake store doorway on righthand side(across from Muppets fountain ) before you actually walk thru Galaxy Edge tunnel . I think I remember seeing a Guest Experience team member near the new bathroom just built across form the SW Star Tours store exit.

I already mentioned but all the new construction has changed some of the natural mapping in our brains. And lots of detour construction, slowdowns to be aware of if you drive.
And Disney keeps changing open and close times. Eventually we will figure it all out and then Disney will change it again theory.

Last edited by MMC1; 01-03-2020 at 12:03 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #8
EandT
One Bedroom
 
EandT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Happy New Year!


If you have a stupid question to ask, ask it here without fear of reprisal or being told to go use the search button.

It may or may not get answered, depending on who sees it when.

It may be a such good question that someone will suggest you take it prime time and make it its own thread.

You may get a great answer.

Or several!

Or a stupid answer.

Ready....go!




I have asked my guide this via email without response yet. Perhaps he finds it too stupid to answer lol ... anyway I know 100 points direct are what is required to obtain full benefits but is it permissable to split those 100, such as purchasing 50 at two resorts? If that would be permissable what would be the pros and cons? Despite the above reassurance I still fear reprisal Be gentle.
EandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:20 AM   #9
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,439
Default

Not a ? but something I learned this week.
I had booked FP for holiday week in my name & son name because we are passholders.
My grandchildren are not , so obviously no good FPS left and could not modify names online .
But GET can and did, so my grandchildren got to ride Slinky Fog after all And the castmembers at turnstile was kind enough to let me go with them ...
Thank you DIsney castmembers

Last edited by MMC1; 01-03-2020 at 12:22 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #10
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 7,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EandT View Post
I have asked my guide this via email without response yet. Perhaps he finds it too stupid to answer lol ... anyway I know 100 points direct are what is required to obtain full benefits but is it permissable to split those 100, such as purchasing 50 at two resorts? If that would be permissable what would be the pros and cons? Despite the above reassurance I still fear reprisal Be gentle.
Yes, it can be as multiple contracts just as long as they total up to 100 points.
__________________
Michael
JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software