home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default Have A Stupid Question? 2020 Edition

Happy New Year!

If you have a stupid question to ask, ask it here without fear of reprisal or being told to go use the search button.

It may or may not get answered, depending on who sees it when.

It may be a such good question that someone will suggest you take it prime time and make it its own thread.

You may get a great answer.

Or several!

Or a stupid answer.

Ready....go!

Old 01-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

2019 thread

2018 thread

2017 thread
Old 01-03-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

What happens to a confirmation That included DVC One Time Use Points purchase, if I cancel?
Will they be available for me to book online ?
Only available using DVC Guest Service phone call?
Basically going to need more points to walk and trying to work the system.
Thanks for assistance
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:53 AM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
What happens to a confirmation That included DVC One Time Use Points purchase, if I cancel?
Will they be available for me to book online ?
Only available using DVC Guest Service phone call?
Basically going to need more points to walk and trying to work the system.
Thanks for assistance
Yes, in order to use one-time use points you have to call Member Services.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #5
captainjack
Two Bedroom

Default Stupid Question

I understand that to get a group number for RoTR you have to enter the park then access your MDE on your I phone. What do us seniors do that don't have I phones?
33 days til BWV
Thanks
captainjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:22 AM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
I understand that to get a group number for RoTR you have to enter the park then access your MDE on your I phone. What do us seniors do that don't have I phones?
33 days til BWV
Thanks
There are blue-shirted CMs with iPads who will do it for,you. Be inside the park before official park opening and find one of them; then cling like a limpet to him/her! They’ll scan each magic band / RFID ticket of those in the party, create your boarding party and register you.

There are then boards around the park I believe with the boarding groups currently called.

You don’t need an iPhone, just a phone that will run the MDE app. I know your pain, last time my phone was apparently not “smart enough” to be able to run the latest version of the app. Hopefully next year my phone will do the job - but I have a DH and 2xDS who are all iPhone nerds!
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:29 AM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa

Good advice from Nicky
. Remember it will be dark in early winter am and the Guest Experience Team members wear a blue vest, I think and are hard to spot because they are surrounded by guests. Their is a specific blue umbrella with Guest Experience words on it but it was still dark and the umbrellas were not opened yet.
I saw a GET on corner of Starbucks location and one on corner outside the store before the circular hub opening . So right side SB and left side hub open as you enter for the day.
The Boarding Countdown Board is in front of ROTR obviously. Also saw one kinda tucked into fake store doorway on righthand side(across from Muppets fountain ) before you actually walk thru Galaxy Edge tunnel . I think I remember seeing a Guest Experience team member near the new bathroom just built across form the SW Star Tours store exit.

I already mentioned but all the new construction has changed some of the natural mapping in our brains. And lots of detour construction, slowdowns to be aware of if you drive.
And Disney keeps changing open and close times. Eventually we will figure it all out and then Disney will change it again theory.

Last edited by MMC1; 01-03-2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #8
EandT
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Happy New Year!

If you have a stupid question to ask, ask it here without fear of reprisal or being told to go use the search button.

It may or may not get answered, depending on who sees it when.

It may be a such good question that someone will suggest you take it prime time and make it its own thread.

You may get a great answer.

Or several!

Or a stupid answer.

Ready....go!

I have asked my guide this via email without response yet. Perhaps he finds it too stupid to answer lol ... anyway I know 100 points direct are what is required to obtain full benefits but is it permissable to split those 100, such as purchasing 50 at two resorts? If that would be permissable what would be the pros and cons? Despite the above reassurance I still fear reprisal Be gentle.
EandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:20 AM   #9
MMC1
Grand Villa

Not a ? but something I learned this week.
I had booked FP for holiday week in my name & son name because we are passholders.
My grandchildren are not , so obviously no good FPS left and could not modify names online .
But GET can and did, so my grandchildren got to ride Slinky Fog after all And the castmembers at turnstile was kind enough to let me go with them ...
Thank you DIsney castmembers

Last edited by MMC1; 01-03-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #10
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by EandT View Post
I have asked my guide this via email without response yet. Perhaps he finds it too stupid to answer lol ... anyway I know 100 points direct are what is required to obtain full benefits but is it permissable to split those 100, such as purchasing 50 at two resorts? If that would be permissable what would be the pros and cons? Despite the above reassurance I still fear reprisal Be gentle.
Yes, it can be as multiple contracts just as long as they total up to 100 points.