home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 10:41 PM   #1
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Default Akl club level question

If you use points for a dvc studio club level what floor are you on ? What floor is the food on? Does it do any good to ask to be on the same level?

I canít believe I am actually going back in Dec to stay at club level for the first time . I should be able to ride the new Star War ride. But I am really going for club level.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:51 PM   #2
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Dvc Kilimanjaro club rooms are located on 6 floor. Unless there is a issue with rooms out of commission dvc points will be on 6th floor.
The lounge is on the 6th floor.
Enjoy! I really enjoy club level lounge during the holidays and you have an excellent view of the lobby Tree and decorations from 6th floor.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:00 AM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

As noted, the DVC Club level rooms and the Club Lounge is located on the 6th floor at Jambo House. The lounge also has 1-2 concierge hosts staffed during the day to assist in making last minute reservations, tickets, etc.

The hours of operation here are from 6:30AM to 10:00PM with the Concierge Desk being staffed from 7:00AM to 10:00PM. The snack/beverage schedule is as follows:

Macheo (Sunrise Offering)
6:30am
Coffee and assorted juices

Miamko (Adventurous Awakenings)
7:00AM - 10:30AM
An assortment of fresh fruits, juices, pastries and cereals.

Vitafunio (Safari Snacks)
11:30AM to 3:00PM
Various snacks and beverages

Chai (Afternoon Tea)
3:00PM - 4:30PM
Loose leaf teas, assorted scones, cookies and biscuits.

Kisikusiku (Twighlight Offerings)
5:00PM - 7:00PM
Assorted wines, hors d'oeuvers, and specialty appetizers (provided from the Lodge's restaurants, like Jiko and Boma)

Rehema (Evening Indulgences)
8:00PM - 10:00PM
Desserts and Cordials
Old 12-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
trlenoir
Studio

When we were there in October, we were told they are renovating the DVC club rooms . . . . . . so, they are taking one out of the mix while it is being renovated. Not sure if they are doing a soft renovation of furniture or adding in the hideaway pull down sofa beds???

Anyway, just wanted to you know if there is an issue with your room and you require a change.
trlenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlenoir View Post
When we were there in October, we were told they are renovating the DVC club rooms . . . . . . so, they are taking one out of the mix while it is being renovated. Not sure if they are doing a soft renovation of furniture or adding in the hideaway pull down sofa beds???

Anyway, just wanted to you know if there is an issue with your room and you require a change.
They were refurbed a couple of years ago with all the other DVC rooms. Did they say why they were refurbishing them yet again? No wonder our dues go up and up and up.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #7
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
As noted, the DVC Club level rooms and the Club Lounge is located on the 6th floor at Jambo House. The lounge also has 1-2 concierge hosts staffed during the day to assist in making last minute reservations, tickets, etc.

The hours of operation here are from 6:30AM to 10:00PM with the Concierge Desk being staffed from 7:00AM to 10:00PM. The snack/beverage schedule is as follows:

Macheo (Sunrise Offering)
6:30am
Coffee and assorted juices

Miamko (Adventurous Awakenings)
7:00AM - 10:30AM
An assortment of fresh fruits, juices, pastries and cereals.

Vitafunio (Safari Snacks)
11:30AM to 3:00PM
Various snacks and beverages

Chai (Afternoon Tea)
3:00PM - 4:30PM
Loose leaf teas, assorted scones, cookies and biscuits.

Kisikusiku (Twighlight Offerings)
5:00PM - 7:00PM
Assorted wines, hors d'oeuvers, and specialty appetizers (provided from the Lodge's restaurants, like Jiko and Boma)

Rehema (Evening Indulgences)
8:00PM - 10:00PM
Desserts and Cordials
Does the lounge have an open stock refrigerator with beer and soda available 24/7?
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:45 PM   #8
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for all the help. I hope I get a studio on the sixth floor as it will be so much easier to get to they food area . I am more excited about the club level than I am the New ride at SW:GE .

This was a last minute bit of luck . The owner I rent regularly from was not able to go at the last minute . I has just had an oct trip but I could not resist AKL club level. Good things come to Mouseowners who rent from wonderful Mouse owners .

Last edited by Shewill; 12-02-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:24 PM   #9
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
Thanks for all the help. I hope I get a studio on the sixth floor as it will be so much easier to get to they food area . I am more excited about the club level than I am the rose of resistance .

This was a last minute bit of luck . The owner I rent regularly from was not able to go at the last minute . I has just had an oct trip but I could not resist AKL club level. Good things come to Mouseowners who rent from wonderful Mouse owners .
Congrats on getting the Club level reservation and having a great connection to another member here I'm hoping the change of plans on their part wasn't due to anything unfortunate. I had to think hard about what the rose of resistance was before I realized it was a rogue letter!
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:34 PM   #10
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Congrats on getting the Club level reservation and having a great connection to another member here I'm hoping the change of plans on their part wasn't due to anything unfortunate. I had to think hard about what the rose of resistance was before I realized it was a rogue letter!
I am tired but at least you guessed what I meant .