home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Default Odd recent Boardwalk experience

We are back from our most recent stay at the World. Enjoyed our time in the 1 bedroom at BWV , but it definitely started off oddly.
I'd put in a room request w touring plans, picked room, and emphasized somewhere, close to elevator. DH tried several times to do online checkin at home, and thought he did, but never got confirmation it went through, and as we were driving up to the resort, he realized he still had online checkin option...so he completed it again. this time went through, done at the guard gate tho, like mid afternoon on checkin. ok, fine, we'll go on to Epcot/wait for room ready text.

Get room.....I"m not sure there are rooms, except for the handful past ours, FARTHER from the elevator. room 5022.

We also booked standard view.....we had pool view, overlooking main pool, right across from clown face. Did get upper floor, which we wanted....

Ok, next day, (day 2) housekeeping knocks on door midday, asked if we wanted cleaning. I asked 'trash pickup,' she said, 'no , full cleaning, ' I"m like no thank you....next day, (day 3) DH and kids come back to housekeeping cleaning our room. Full cleaning, making beds, cleaning kitchen, etc.
He then checks our room info, and sees we're also being charged for parking.He called and got it straightened out, but it was odd.

It's like we were on a cash reservation or something
Wrong room category, full daily cleaning, parking charges, etc.
what do y'all think happened??

Last edited by Jedimom3; 12-01-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
We are back from our most recent stay at the World. Enjoyed our time in the 1 bedroom at BWV , but it definitely started off oddly.
I'd put in a room request w touring plans, picked room, and emphasized somewhere, close to elevator. DH tried several times to do online checkin at home, and thought he did, but never got confirmation it went through, and as we were driving up to the resort, he realized he still had online checkin option...so he completed it again. this time went through, done at the guard gate tho, like mid afternoon on checkin. ok, fine, we'll go on to Epcot/wait for room ready text.

Get room.....I"m not sure there are rooms, except for the handful past ours, FARTHER from the elevator. room 5022.

We also booked standard view.....we were overlooking main pool, right across from clown face. Did get upper floor, which we wanted....

Ok, next day, (day 2) housekeeping knocks on door midday, asked if we wanted cleaning. I asked 'trash,' she said, 'no , full cleaning, ' I"m like no thank you....next day, (day 3) DH and kids come back to housekeeping cleaning our room. Full cleaning, making beds, cleaning kitchen, etc.
He then checks our room info, and sees we're also being charged for parking.He called and got it straightened out, but it was odd.

It's like we were on a cash reservation or something
Wrong room category, full daily cleaning, parking charges, etc.
what do y'all think happened??
Not positive what happened with the room category, cleaning and parking. That is weird.

But I can tell you that if you want a request put in, it needs to be in ~10 days prior to your arrival. I have been told that they go through and assign rooms at about that time. So your room was likely assigned way before you completed online check in.

ME DH DS21 DD19
disneymomof2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
Not positive what happened with the room category, cleaning and parking. That is weird.

But I can tell you that if you want a request put in, it needs to be in ~10 days prior to your arrival. I have been told that they go through and assign rooms at about that time. So your room was likely assigned way before you completed online check in.
Touring Plans always used to submit room requests by fax 5 days ahead.

Now that room assignments are done centrally, Disney asked that they use a special email address and submit them 30 days ahead. They still accept updates, which TP will submit if people edit their request after the 30 day mark.

All of which is to say that they now start assigning rooms a lot earlier, nearer to 3-4 weeks ahead. Iím still not clear if DVC room assignments are done with the rest of the resorts or if they have their own central team. But it definitely isnít done at each individual resort now.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds to me like you were upgraded and whoever did it, did it incorrectly. Maybe they gave "your" room to someone else for some reason or maybe there was an unexpected maintenance issue with one of the SV rooms.

Be sure to check your account to make sure it's still as it should be. Not all of the front desk CMs know how to properly process changes to DVC reservations.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
ocean702
Two Bedroom

We recently stayed at SSR and had a full cleaning on our second day and fresh towels daily. Iím thinking thar mousekeeping just made a mistake on our room but it was a pleasant one!
ocean702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds like they needed the standard room and yours was upgraded quietly and incorrectly. The only upgrade I ever got was at BW though they told me about it. Though really I'd rather a standard view over the main pool myself. But I bet as they were reassigning they messed up lol.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I did the TP room request fax thing for our recent food and wine trip. I chose a room and wrote in that we wanted to be close to elevator but NOT right off it where we would be close to the front portico. We got 2nd room down right at front portico. My previous TP requests had been met until this one. And this was 1st one since they changed it to 30 days out. Guess Disney doesn't want to bother with requests anymore. Also I did online check in before trip but was told, upon arrival to desk, that it wasn't done. And we then went to Epcot to find we had no charging on our MB...even though we had just been to BWV desk and she said we were good to go.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI / Oct 30- Nov 2 BWV
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam, Nov 2, 2020 RCCL Mariner OTS & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection

Last edited by Lamima; 12-01-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #8
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Not a BWV stay, or request made through TP, but adding to the "not sure that Disney wants to bother with room requests any longer" theory: we had two rooms booked at the Poly for this past week, and neither request was fulfilled without a personal visit to reception.

One of the rooms at least got the building right (and in the end, it was a location that really worked for the family staying in it), but the other was exactly opposite of what we asked for in that it was a totally different building and floor than requested when booked 11 months ago. I understand that requests are not guaranteed, but I thought it was so odd that neither room matched the request. I decided to stop at reception when we arrived to see if we could at least be in the same building as our second room. If they weren't able to accommodate the change, I was prepared to accept that and be on my way to the room assigned.

When I asked, the CM told me the room I booked was a standard view, and the room I requested was garden view, which he said is a different category than what I had booked. When I told the CM there was no such thing with DVC at the Poly, he tried to tell me I was misinformed. Are you kidding me?! The fire alarm went off (literally, not just in my head), and when we were able to return to the desk about 20 minutes later, I had a different CM assist me, and she was able to check on the request and got it straightened out. The room reassignment to the building and floor we had originally requested was done on site with someone in the back room, we were in the room within 30 minutes, and all went well from there.
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:42 PM   #9
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Not a BWV stay, or request made through TP, but adding to the "not sure that Disney wants to bother with room requests any longer" theory: we had two rooms booked at the Poly for this past week, and neither request was fulfilled without a personal visit to reception.

One of the rooms at least got the building right (and in the end, it was a location that really worked for the family staying in it), but the other was exactly opposite of what we asked for in that it was a totally different building and floor than requested when booked 11 months ago. I understand that requests are not guaranteed, but I thought it was so odd that neither room matched the request. I decided to stop at reception when we arrived to see if we could at least be in the same building as our second room. If they weren't able to accommodate the change, I was prepared to accept that and be on my way to the room assigned.

When I asked, the CM told me the room I booked was a standard view, and the room I requested was garden view, which he said is a different category than what I had booked. When I told the CM there was no such thing with DVC at the Poly, he tried to tell me I was misinformed. Are you kidding me?! The fire alarm went off (literally, not just in my head), and when we were able to return to the desk about 20 minutes later, I had a different CM assist me, and she was able to check on the request and got it straightened out. The room reassignment to the building and floor we had originally requested was done on site with someone in the back room, we were in the room within 30 minutes, and all went well from there.
You didnít want one of the garden view Poly rooms? Theyíre in the building with the 1 and 2 BR units...
Old 12-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #10
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
You didnít want one of the garden view Poly rooms? Theyíre in the building with the 1 and 2 BR units...
Good one! I should have asked the first CM how many points it would take to upgrade to one of those
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote