home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-30-2019, 07:32 AM   #1
grayandry
Grand Villa

Default BOMA - First time

Well, we made it to Walt Disney World yesterday. Actually, our flight was only delayed about 15 minutes, and the weather was perfect for the trip down. However, once we got to Orlando, it took me over 40 minutes to get my rental car from Budget, another 10 to get the car out of the garage (they had only 1 lane open) and get to our room at AKL (which then, my MB didn’t work on the door but everyone else’s did).

Anyway, even though we landed at 3:20, we were still able to make our dinner reservation at 5:40. My father in-law, me, and my twin sons went for dinner while my wife and mother-in-law went to the Mara (they are not adventurous eaters). I have been wanting to go to the BOMA for dinner since we go every year for breakfast, but I was having a hard time pulling the trigger on the $50 per person price tag.

Well, let me tell you. It was totally worth it! All 4 of us thought the meal was OUTSTANDING! Three of the four soups we had were winners (Butternut Squash, Sambal Chicken Corn Chowder, and Curried Coconut Seafood Stew). The meats were cooked perfectly, and the sides were incredible (we all LOVED the Fufu). I even thought the salads I tried were better than some of the other food I had.

By the time we left, we had definitely eaten our fill. Both of my 14 year olds used the words “I’m full” which you never hear from 14 year old boys.

We will definitely be going back another year.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

I have done breakfast many times but not dinner. Will try dinner one day.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
ajc
Grand Villa

Did you use your DVC membership discount?
I thought they offered 10% off.
Boma is a great meal for breakfast or dinner.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:21 AM   #4
FessParker1
Grand Villa

I've done dinner several times. I start at the beginning and take a small amount of everything working my way down the line. I never make it anywhere close to the end. Love the boerewors sausage stew. Some of the dishes are on rotation so you may see different ones next time.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #5
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Mmmmmmm...Chicken Corn Chowder soup!!! I could eat that every day of my life! So glad Boma is still up to "Outstanding" standards. We plan on hitting it next time we are at Disney as my hubby just last week announced that he had a craving for Boma.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:09 AM   #6
amydevoe
One Bedroom

So glad you enjoyed it! It's one of our must-do dinners when we visit.
amydevoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I’m definitely not “food-venturous” but our family loves Boma! We have done breakfast and dinner, and think that it a great option for us. Plenty of new things to try with some more “ordinary” fare thrown in. We are staying at AKL in February, and hubby has already requested Boma. Nice to hear that it was a great experience for your family as well!
Old 11-30-2019, 09:34 AM   #8
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

We go often. We even take our non-adventurous eating parents there and they find plenty of good stuff to eat. We do prefer the breakfast though. It's our fave breakfast on property (aside from the CG brunch).

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI / Oct 30- Nov 2 BWV
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam, Nov 2, 2020 RCCL Mariner OTS & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:49 AM   #9
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I enjoyed Boma the only time we ate there too. My DH doesn't like those kind of flavors, so we will likely not go back

We too have had problems with Budget at MCO. Not problems, persay, just a really long delay in getting the car. Unless it's changed, it seems very redundant. You check in inside, then go outside and wait and check in again. Then one time they had to bring the car from the other terminal. We're spoiled by DH's Hertz President's Circle status where we just go out and pick whatever car we want. (The few times we rented Budget, DH wasn't with us).
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:00 PM   #10
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
We too have had problems with Budget at MCO. Not problems, persay, just a really long delay in getting the car.
We are thinking of renting a car this time, first time renting a car for a Disney trip, and probably using Budget...and I do NOT want to deal with waiting in those super long lines at the rental counters! The ones we usually walk past while going to Magical Express. So we will see

I thought Budget had one of those programs where you choose your own car. Maybe I'm thinking of Hertz. I know National has one but for some reason the price they quote me is twice what I get from Budget after putting in the codes I have from wife's work. (Love the National commercials hee hee)

On topic: Love Boma! Haven't gone a couple years...wife is scared of it. I'm hoping to go this time!
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote