home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Default Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique advice\opinions needed

I'm planning a trip for the first week of June taking by brother and his family to WDW for the first time. We are currently staying at SSR, and on the waitlist for OKW.

My nieces want to do the Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique and our 180 day window opens next week. I'm trying to decide what would be best as far as which location, which day, and time of day, and looking for advice\opinions from those who have taken kids to the BBB before.

Question 1: Does it make more sense to have an appointment early in the day so that they get enjoyment for the full day, or a mid-day appointment so that they still get most of the day, but don't have to walk around in the costume in the heat for a full day?

Question 2: At what point in the trip does it make the most sense to schedule it? They arrive mid-day on Sunday May 31st and leave early on Saturday 6/6. So we can schedule it any day Monday - Friday. I don't think Monday really makes sense since that is the first day ever at Disney, and we're going to hit the MK for the day. Thoughts?

Question 3: I'm thinking the Disney Springs location makes the most sense as it will probably be the easiest to get reservations for, and it is easy for us to get to from the resort. But, that probably only makes sense if we're doing a morning appointment. I could try for the castle location on an MK day, and doing it on an MK day probably makes the most sense for walking around in a costume. Thoughts\Optionions?

Anything else I should consider when making the appointments?

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
Aulani: May '19
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Question 1: Does it make more sense to have an appointment early in the day so that they get enjoyment for the full day, or a mid-day appointment so that they still get most of the day, but don't have to walk around in the costume in the heat for a full day?
We prefer earlier in the day. We also try to layer things like dining or character meet-n-greets to go with the BBB.

Quote:
Question 2: At what point in the trip does it make the most sense to schedule it? They arrive mid-day on Sunday May 31st and leave early on Saturday 6/6. So we can schedule it any day Monday - Friday. I don't think Monday really makes sense since that is the first day ever at Disney, and we're going to hit the MK for the day. Thoughts?
Pick a mid-week day, like Tues,Wed and Thur. Sunday is not enough time, and Monday is your first full day and I find that the kids want to just "go" that first day.

Quote:
Question 3: I'm thinking the Disney Springs location makes the most sense as it will probably be the easiest to get reservations for, and it is easy for us to get to from the resort. But, that probably only makes sense if we're doing a morning appointment. I could try for the castle location on an MK day, and doing it on an MK day probably makes the most sense for walking around in a costume. Thoughts\Optionions?
We prefer in the Castle, nothing like becoming a Princess in a Castle.

pictures, pictures, pictures. Add character stuff like meet-n-greets and meals. Consider adding afternoon tea at GF.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We prefer earlier in the day. We also try to layer things like dining or character meet-n-greets to go with the BBB.

Pick a mid-week day, like Tues,Wed and Thur. Sunday is not enough time, and Monday is your first full day and I find that the kids want to just "go" that first day.

We prefer in the Castle, nothing like becoming a Princess in a Castle.

pictures, pictures, pictures. Add character stuff like meet-n-greets and meals. Consider adding afternoon tea at GF.
Thanks, Tom!

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
Old 11-27-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'rer Karen View Post
Thanks, Tom!

One more thing.....it will be hot in June.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
One more thing.....it will be hot in June.
Yeah, I know. That's why I was thinking maybe better to do it in the afternoon. Get out of the heat of the day, and then they wouldn't be in the hot costume all day long. But I suppose they would be all sweaty by that point so morning is probably better.

Old 11-27-2019, 01:36 PM   #6
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

We've done both the castle and DTD locations, and much preferred the DTD location (that's the adults talking, the little princesses may disagree). We thought that at the DTD location, they took longer with our Granddaughter and made more of a fuss. The castle was nice, but we got more of an assembly line feel. I can only suggest one time NOT to do it. We could only get a reservation for the day we got there. DGD was so keyed up all day that once she got into that beauty chair, she promptly fell asleep. Fortunately, that was the time we went to DTD, because they all applauded when she woke up, teased her about having eaten apples (she was dressed as Snow White), she loved all the fuss. But not the best choice of days!
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #7
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
We've done both the castle and DTD locations, and much preferred the DTD location (that's the adults talking, the little princesses may disagree). We thought that at the DTD location, they took longer with our Granddaughter and made more of a fuss. The castle was nice, but we got more of an assembly line feel. I can only suggest one time NOT to do it. We could only get a reservation for the day we got there. DGD was so keyed up all day that once she got into that beauty chair, she promptly fell asleep. Fortunately, that was the time we went to DTD, because they all applauded when she woke up, teased her about having eaten apples (she was dressed as Snow White), she loved all the fuss. But not the best choice of days!
Thanks! Very helpful advice.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #8
VanDis
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

You may want to consider bringing your own own costumes/ dresses. It is way cheaper and then you can know beforehand how heavy and hot it痴 going to be. Also, we solved the heat issue by going with a Jasmine outfit. Whatever you do, don稚 waste money on princess footwear. Nothing beats a comfy running shoe at the parks.
Aulani 2019
Disneyland 2018
Disneyland 2017
VanDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:24 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'rer Karen View Post
Yeah, I know. That's why I was thinking maybe better to do it in the afternoon. Get out of the heat of the day, and then they wouldn't be in the hot costume all day long. But I suppose they would be all sweaty by that point so morning is probably better.
We go all the time first week if June. We've had bare 80 days and then some 95 days. If it is hot (not a guarantee like real summer) it is most miserable by about 2pm. Could be a naive break.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDis View Post
You may want to consider bringing your own own costumes/ dresses. It is way cheaper and then you can know beforehand how heavy and hot it痴 going to be. Also, we solved the heat issue by going with a Jasmine outfit. Whatever you do, don稚 waste money on princess footwear. Nothing beats a comfy running shoe at the parks.
Thank you!