home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Default WDW Grocery Delivery Services - WOW

I have begun pricing out a few groceries ( along with beer and wine) to be delivered to Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip. So far I have priced Dizzy Dolphin and Instacart. WOW! Are the food item prices inflated! Add delivery fees and up charges for alcohol, I think shopping at the little onsite Disney stores save us more money!

I have used WeGo shop in the past (6 yrs. ago), but were not that impressed. Any other suggestions?
Old 11-27-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
capeokw56
Grand Villa

We've been using Amazon Prime for the past couple of years and have found it to have the best prices. The only drawback, although not for us, is no alcohol.
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I've used Garden Grocer. They were fine.I don't expect any bargains in these situations.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
mousechick
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

On our trip in September I used Instacart. I was a first time user, so I had a coupon for money off. I had a delivery from Aldi, and a separate delivery from a nearby liquor store. This worked out well for us, staying at Bay Lake Tower.

I wanted a delivery of food as I had a high need for lots of fresh food/produce and some lower calorie items, so the delivery of certain foods was important to me, and I'm a regular Aldi shopper for these items, so it worked well. And the prices were very reasonable. I didn't see an upcharge for the food, or if there was one, it wasn't much.

However, if the Disney shop has all you need, I would say that you will come out similar in final cost to you. Although if you want a fair amount of alcohol for your visit, that could add up at Disney prices, making Instacart more reasonable. You do have to be available to sign for the alcohol, but not the groceries.

Enjoy your trip!

mousechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
Joeli
Two Bedroom

I would guess that you might be able to use Shipt for deliveries from Target and/or a local Publix....but perhaps I am wishing!

Upcoming:
2020 (Feb - BWV, Mar - PVB, Apr - PVB, May - PVB, Jul - PVB, Sept - DCL Fantasy)
2019 (Dec - RCCL Allure of the Seas)

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

The fees + tip was already pushing us past the point where we felt it was worth it for the convenience. Then when I read a few months back that BS won't hold the groceries anymore so they have to meet you at the room (is this still the case ? I haven't been keeping up), I knew prices would go even higher AND we would lose some convenience by needing to schedule a meet time. So, we didn't even consider grocery delivery this trip. My hubby doesn't spend a lot of time in the parks so he is just planning on taking an Uber to get our groceries.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #7
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
The fees + tip was already pushing us past the point where we felt it was worth it for the convenience. Then when I read a few months back that BS won't hold the groceries anymore so they have to meet you at the room (is this still the case ? I haven't been keeping up),
We just used Amazon Prime for food delivery last Tuesday at OKW. They delivered to BS, who in turn brought it to our room when we called for it. There wasn't any additional fee from BS and I think that only applies to packages, not food.
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:50 AM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

We still use Garden Grocer. They do sell alcohol, a plus for me getting a 12-pack and 4-pack of wine coolers. The further out you order, the better the discount for deliveries. It is still way cheaper option then just paying Disney pricing.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I have begun pricing out a few groceries ( along with beer and wine) to be delivered to Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip. So far I have priced Dizzy Dolphin and Instacart. WOW! Are the food item prices inflated! Add delivery fees and up charges for alcohol, I think shopping at the little onsite Disney stores save us more money!

I have used WeGo shop in the past (6 yrs. ago), but were not that impressed. Any other suggestions?
Only some items are good to get from there. A lot of processed items and alcohol are bad. Do remember you get 20% off though. We come out ahead a lot if not similar to Instacart and Prime Now using them for some orders. But we do more basics to make sandwiches and small meals. If not, we do go with Prime Now and Instacart.

I've heard Shipt is good too (in addition to the two I listed)
Old 11-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #10
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We still use Garden Grocer. They do sell alcohol, a plus for me getting a 12-pack and 4-pack of wine coolers. The further out you order, the better the discount for deliveries. It is still way cheaper option then just paying Disney pricing.
wine coolers???

mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote