home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
MMC1
Grand Villa

Default Is Starbucks your favorite place to dine??

Alright I admit I am being silly.

Today is free red cup day with purchase of the new holiday selections plus they have holiday straws for sale! Once upon a time Starbucks actually had Open House weekend to kick off the holidays and it was a lot of fun to discover any designed object that said Xmas. Now we are not even allowed to use that word almost.

Knowing how weird this topic is I am also going to say I woke up extra early to drive to Celebration Town Square to check out the free red cup because Disney Springs Starbucks location does not open til 8 and I did not need coffee at 6 a.m. but did need something free from a corporation.
Imagine my excitement when I realized they still have plastic straws when I took the paper off.

Anyway Starbucks location at Disney Springs is just about my favorite location to dine because it is great place to people watch and the Aerophile Balloon is fascinating floating in the Disney Sky even when grounded due to weather.

And I have my birthday soon to return to Starbucks for my Free choice of whatever size my heart desires.

Last edited by MMC1; 11-09-2019 at 01:02 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:42 AM   #2
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Don't really go to Starbucks. More Dunkin folks here. Don't even know where the one is at DS but enjoy your morning there. Wish I was there!

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

Don’t tell anybody but I am going to Universal today... always get a VooDoo Donut and take it to the Starbucks to REALLY people watch as everybody enters from the parking lot!!! It is a giant flow of non stop humanity.

Plus Passholders get a free turkey design button.
Did I say Free?

Last edited by MMC1; 11-07-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I don't like Starbucks really. Not into coffee and even when I was, I still wasn't for overpriced over roasted syrupy drinks. Same with plastic straws sorry.

Not sure what this has to do with Christmas or the fact that it isn't taboo either.

But enjoy your morning. I enjoy people watching too, though prefer at parks. I had a few friends posting about the mugs, but am clueless what that's all about lol
Old 11-07-2019, 09:04 AM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

Welp ... stay tuned for more silliness Apparently egg nog latte at 6 am makes me chatty silly.
See what you have to look forward to when you retire and finally realize it is time to move to DisneyWorld?
Old 11-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten myself something from Starbucks in the last 5 years....just never go. DD enjoys it when she can, and has the money to spend.

Last time I was in Starbucks was last Thanksgiving, 2018, at Universal/IoA ,and I got a sandwich. I think the time before that was 2016 in LA as I was staying there, and my son didn't have a coffee pot. Ha.

I don't dislike Starbucks, just never want to go, and it's pricey. Always make my own coffee at home or in the room when traveling, etc. Never been to a Starbucks on Disney property...recent vlogs, DFB, allears, and Tim Tracker were going to Starbucks, and they had good drinks/snacks. so maybe I'll try one on our next trip
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #7
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Welp ... stay tuned for more silliness Apparently egg nog latte at 6 am makes me chatty silly.
See what you have to look forward to when you retire and finally realize it is time to move to DisneyWorld?
Now that actually sounds like a yummy concoction .I might have to try that!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #8
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I don't like Starbucks really. Not into coffee and even when I was, I still wasn't for overpriced over roasted syrupy drinks. Same with plastic straws sorry.

Not sure what this has to do with Christmas or the fact that it isn't taboo either.

But enjoy your morning. I enjoy people watching too, though prefer at parks. I had a few friends posting about the mugs, but am clueless what that's all about lol
Thank you have a great. Day!
Old 11-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #9
LauraLea
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Now that actually sounds like a yummy concoction .I might have to try that!
Yes, they are very very good. Look forward to them every Christmas season.

Laura
LauraLea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:12 AM   #10
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten myself something from Starbucks in the last 5 years....just never go. DD enjoys it when she can, and has the money to spend.

Last time I was in Starbucks was last Thanksgiving, 2018, at Universal/IoA ,and I got a sandwich. I think the time before that was 2016 in LA as I was staying there, and my son didn't have a coffee pot. Ha.

I don't dislike Starbucks, just never want to go, and it's pricey. Always make my own coffee at home or in the room when traveling, etc. Never been to a Starbucks on Disney property...recent vlogs, DFB, allears, and Tim Tracker were going to Starbucks, and they had good drinks/snacks. so maybe I'll try one on our next trip

You would not believe how wonderful the Disney Springs location is any time of day or night and any type of weather! Plus a lot of people just order the Free cup of water with ice and a straw!
Starbucks is very nice to make a free cup of water and allow unlimited seating with a glorious view.
Thank You Starbucks I like free!

Last edited by MMC1; 11-07-2019 at 09:59 PM.