home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Default any good places to charge phone MK?

Morning,
packing for trip. Woohoo! was wondering if anyone knew any locations in MK or HS to charge phone, like a place that might have a wall socket to plug into????
I am bringing 3 portable charges, but curious if there are any other places just plug into a socket and sit for awhile?? Epcot I know we can do that in the DVC lounge.
my pitiful iPhone6 gives me about an hour of use, maybe 2, depending on what i'm doing, but that won't get me through MNSSHP or anything interactive in SWGE. Kids' phones have much better battery life, so will get them to download MDE. I should've replaced my battery when apple was doing that deal last year, but just procrastinated and didnt'...or I should just get a new phone....

Last edited by Jedimom3; 10-09-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
5 Mouseketeers
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Morning,
packing for trip. Woohoo! was wondering if anyone knew any locations in MK or HS to charge phone, like a place that might have a wall socket to plug into????
I am bringing 3 portable charges, but would be curious if there are any other places just plug into a socket and sit for awhile?? Epcot I know we can do that in the DVC lounge.
my pitiful iPhone6 gives me about an hour of use, maybe 2, depending on what i'm doing, but that won't get me through MNSSHP or anything interactive in SWGE. Kids phones have much better battery life, so will get them to download MDE. I should've replaced my battery when apple was doing that deal last year, but just procrastinated and didnt'...or I should just get a new phone....
There is a big seating area with lots of outlets across from the bathrooms by Rapunzel's tower (between Haunted mansion and It's a small world).
Old 10-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #3
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

They've added charging ports and accessible outlets in the Space Mountain Gift Shop.

There are also charging stations next to Pete's Silly Sideshow.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Morning,
I am bringing 3 portable charges, but would be curious if there are any other places just plug into a socket and sit for awhile?? Epcot I know we can do that in the DVC lounge.
my pitiful iPhone6 gives me about an hour of use, maybe 2, depending on what i'm doing, but that won't get me through MNSSHP or anything interactive in SWGE. Kids phones have much better battery life, so will get them to download MDE. I should've replaced my battery when apple was doing that deal last year, but just procrastinated and didnt'...or I should just get a new phone....
This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I suggest replacing your battery for $49 at the Apple store to save you as much aggravation as possible.

https://support.apple.com/iphone/rep.../battery-power
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #5
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Not sure about MK but Iím in the bus to Typhoon Lagoon right now and the bus has charging ports!
Old 10-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #6
Duke3853
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I noticed my kids and others charging their phones in/near the bathrooms back near Space Mountain.
Duke3853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #7
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Mouseketeers View Post
There is a big seating area with lots of outlets across from the bathrooms by Rapunzel's tower (between Haunted mansion and It's a small world).
Ive tried to use the ones outside the Rapunzel bathroom and many of the ports dont work ..the USB ports seem like they were too big and the charger wouldn't stay in and work.....so we just bought cheap portable chargers {AMAZON and the FIVE BELOW store} b/c it was so frustrating trying to find places to charge on our last trips...

The ones outside Space Mtn [in the gift shop area ] are good but busy!!!!

Trip Report:
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134143

Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS22 DD16

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #8
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Are you familiar with Fuel Rods ?

If not, these are portable chargers sold at kiosks all over WDW. Once you buy the initial one, after that all you do when it runs down is go to a kiosk and swap out your spent fuel rod for a fresh one.

Currently it is free, unlimited swapping. However I have seen rumors that the "free unlimited" might change.

Here's a link to the kiosk locations:
https://disneynews.us/disney-world-f...hone-chargers/

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #9
capeokw56
Grand Villa

If you are thinking about replacing your 6... I've had an XR for a few months now and I'm amazed at the battery life. I use it a quite a bit and at the end of the day I still have 75% or more battery life left. Going two days without charging is no problem at all.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
If you are thinking about replacing your 6... I've had an XR for a few months now and I'm amazed at the battery life. I use it a quite a bit and at the end of the day I still have 75% or more battery life left. Going two days without charging is no problem at all.
Battery life bragging isnít allowed if you never turn the phone on...

Iíve never had good luck finding an empty charging port in the parks, and I donít like being tethered while my phone charges. I just use the Fuelrods. They keep me moving.