home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 11:15 PM   #1
DVC Stephaniec
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default October 2019 Disney Research Trip....The Adult Side of Things-Trip Report

Hello Everyone! My name is Stephanie and I am a Vacation Co-Ordinator at David’s Vacation Club Rentals. I will be updating all of you over the next few days with some amazing details from my first Staff Research Trip with along with my amazing travel companions Colleen and Kelly.

When Kelly announced to Colleen and myself that we had been paired up to travel together on our first research trip, we came across a couple of ironic similarities about our travel history to Walt Disney World. Both Colleen and I had our first visits to Walt Disney World in 1978. I was still hanging out in the comfort of my mother’s womb at the time and Colleen was just a young girl traveling with her family.

Years later, both Colleen and I were able to travel with our own daughters to Walt Disney World again to see the Magic from a different perspective; out of the eyes of our children.

My last trip to Disney was approx. 4 years ago. I took my daughter (8 years old at the time), and we stayed at Animal Kingdom Villas in Kidani Village. We had a Studio with a Savanna view and our experience taking this Mommy and Daughter trip was an experience I will never forget and will cherish forever.

During this time, I was able to see the excitement on her face almost every second of the day. We were able to make it to all of the parks including both water parks over the course of our stay. I tried my best to hit every ride and attraction on her list. We had a blast, to say the least.

As I embark on this trip with my co-workers, I thought it might be interesting to embrace the “grown-up” time and appreciate Disney from a different perspective. Traveling without my daughter is bittersweet but I am going to take this time to see all the wonderful and amazing things Disney offers to those traveling without children as well. We all know Disney caters to children of ALL ages ��.

We have arrived! We made it safe and sound to Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa late in the afternoon today. Check-in was smooth and we were lucky enough to get two rooms very close in vicinity to one another in one of The Grandstand buildings. We didn’t have much time before we had to head out again for our dinner reservations. We decided our best option due to the time-frame was to take one of the every so adorable “Minnie-Vans”. Our driver Mackenzie was extremely perky, great to talk to and a wealth of knowledge.
We arrived to our dinner reservations at the German pavilion at Epcot right on time. We dined at Biergarten. This restaurant is FUN and DELICIOUS. To be quite honest, I wasn’t sure if it was going to my type of taste as far as food goes but so many of the items were way beyond what I expected. The smoked beef brisket, salmon and German meatballs were probably my top 3 items on this large buffet, but everything we tried was extremely tasty. I tried a small piece of Bavarian Cheescake for dessert and it was heavenly. Not being much of a “sweets” eater, I usually opt out of dessert but this was wonderful and right up my alley.
I would highly recommend giving this restaurant a try the next time you are at Epcot. Adults and children would both enjoy different elements about Biergarten. From the food, copious amount of beverages being poured, whimsical yet authentic décor and the live band that plays approximately every hour. When the band came out and played their traditional German music, they had the grown-up crowd enjoyed several “Prost” with the ever-flowing large mugs of beer and the kids were out on the floor dancing up a storm. Definitely a good time to be had by all!!
We had a wonderful first night at Disney; can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Last edited by DVC Stephaniec; 10-06-2019 at 07:18 AM.
DVC Stephaniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:11 AM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Off to a great start! Thanks for taking the time. My trips are almost always adult-only, definitely a wonderful time to be had sans children.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
DVC Stephaniec

Thanks Brian! So glad to hear! I have to admit, I was feeling a bit guilty being given this opportunity knowing my daughter would not be coming with me. However, it such a deserved item that I think ALL parents need to do from time to time. Thanks for following along. There will be more to come as the week progresses ~DVC Stephanie C
Old 10-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Stephaniec View Post
Thanks Brian! So glad to hear! I have to admit, I was feeling a bit guilty being given this opportunity knowing my daughter would not be coming with me. However, it such a deserved item that I think ALL parents need to do from time to time. Thanks for following along. There will be more to come as the week progresses ~DVC Stephanie C

Looking forward to it! No need for guilt, you’re working after all, haha... Having had the pleasure of meeting David and his wife in person a few times I’m sure it’s well-deserved!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #5
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Following closely..... tailgating even!
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
BugsDad
Grand Villa

Following as well! Thanks for taking the time to share.

BugsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
DVC Stephaniec

Hello again! This is our second day here at Walt Disney World and we are having a great time! We managed to pack in quite a bit already today and its only half over.

The day started by taking a tour of Bay Lake Tower. This resort really surprised me for quite a few reasons. Not that I had every heard anything negative about this resort, it just wasn’t necessarily at the top of my list of places that I thought I would want to stay. It is definitely a resort that I could see myself returning to. First of all, the convenience factor. Basically, just about a 5-minute walk from the Magic Kingdom (depending on what pace you are walking). The modes of transportation are plentiful to say the least. Depending on where you are headed, you can choose to walk, bus, boat, or take the monorail. Plenty of shops, the pools and lounge areas are great and I especially loved the Leisure Pool that is an absolute hidden gem. Not only is this pool secluded and quiet, it has an amazing view of the Lake as well.

Our second stop was the Grand Floridian. This resort is stunning in so many ways. I literally could go on for ages about all the reason why this resort is so beautiful. I found this resort a definite for a romantic couple’s getaway.

One item on the list that I was really glad to see was the soon to open Enchanted Rose lounge that is themed after Beauty and the Beast. It is actually scheduled to open this coming Tuesday, October 8th. It’s gorgeous!

Well, I hate to cut this short but these 3 ladies have a Halloween Party to attend. I’ll be back later with more of today’s escapades. Stay tuned!

Last edited by DVC Stephaniec; 10-06-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #8
DVC Stephaniec

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Following closely..... tailgating even!
Glad to hear! There will be lots more to come!
Old 10-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #9
DVC Stephaniec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsDad View Post
Following as well! Thanks for taking the time to share.
Thank you! We will be posting lots more this week.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #10
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Following along!
Have a blast.
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote