home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-04-2019, 03:21 PM   #1
Raspus
One Bedroom

Default Food and Wine trip 2019 - completed

We are back from the food and wine festival. This was supposed to be our second trip this year but due to my wife’s stroke last April we had to cancel our first trip. Then in July her mother passed away. The three of us were constant travel companions. This would be our first trip without her. We tried to do things in order to honor her memory. We still weren’t sure if we could go on this trip. We had an appointment with my wife’s cardiologist about about five days before we were to leave. We were happy that he gave us permission to go so the trip was on.

We left early Sunday morning and arrived in Orlando around 11:30, picked up the rental car and headed off to OKW. We checked in and we pleasantly surprised that our room was ready. We really liked the renovated room. This was our first trip since we finally decided to get an Owners Locker. We picked up both my wife’s wheelchair and the locker and drove over to Walmart to pickup stuff for the room and the locker.

We had an 8:00 reservation at Rose and Crown for the Illumination dinning event so we went to EPCOT and walked around checking out the food booths. At 7:45 we checked in and were seated at the lower balcony. Dinner was very good. It included all you could drink. We had corned beef and cabbage (my wife) and fish and chips(me) and a desert trio. Everything was great. Just before Illuminations started they came and put all the umbrellas down so everyone had a wonderful view of the second last show. Our view was great and we really enjoyed the show. It was fun watching the show while eating desert.

After dinner we waited about 20 minutes before leaving our table to let the crowds dissipate. We made our way to our car and drove back to OKW. My wife went to bed while I had a nightcap and watched the end of the Sunday Night football game before calling it a day.
Our room entrance

drink menu:

Illumination pictures

our desert trio

Last edited by Raspus; 10-09-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: change title and fixing mistakes
Raspus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Following
Old 10-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
rusty01
Studio

OKW is our home resort. They are so nice and spacious! This looks perfect so far. Following along!
rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #4
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Following along. OKW is home for us as well.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:12 PM   #5
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Off to a great start! Thanks for taking the time to share. Nice pictures!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #6
Raspus
One Bedroom

We were up early on Monday. I cooked us some fried eggs. After eating we sat on our balcony and enjoyed our coffee. from our balcony we could watch the golfers play the 15th hole of Lake Buena Vista golf course. Finally got the urge to get moving so we got dressed and went to the Magic Kingdom.

View from our balcony:

We got to MK around noon. We walked through some of the gift stores then we went to FantasyLand to ride IASM. This was my MIL’s favorite ride. We then went to get a Dole Whip. Once there the line was very long and we didn’t feel like stand-in in it. We went to the Tiki room. Haven’t been there in a long time. We enjoyed the show. Next was a late afternoon ADR at the Plaza restaurant. We have wanted to eat there for a while but we always miss out. This time we made it. We both had the BBQ Beef Brisket burger. This was very good. We really enjoyed it.

After lunch we went back to the room before driving back over to EPCOT. We were walking around the world showcase when I walked by someone I had seen pictures of. It was Broganmc. My wife and I went back and introduced ourselves to her. We had a nice talk but we didn’t want to hold her up as she was on her way to get her spot for the final illuminations. We continued or walk and went to France to get some deserts. We went to Les Halles. the line was longer than I had ever seen. I got my wife a Napoleon and a creme brûlée and citron for me. I love those deserts.

By the time we left EPCOT was getting very crowded because of the last illumination show. We were leaving around 8 and people were pouring in. As soon as we left EPCOT it started to rain. We survived the rain, made it to our car and drove back to OKW. Once in the room I made myself a drink and we sat around on the balcony enjoying the evening. Later my wife went to bed and I watched the Monday Night football game.

from magic kingdom
nightcap:
Old 10-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Love the view! Would you mind sharing which building (or at least section) you were in?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
Raspus
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Love the view! Would you mind sharing which building (or at least section) you were in?
The room is at Peninsular road. it is room 2315.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #9
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

We have Rose and Crown booked for the Candlelight Processional. We’re you seated inside? I heard they changed the seating to outside and the “ pub” people eat inside.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #10
Raspus
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We have Rose and Crown booked for the Candlelight Processional. We’re you seated inside? I heard they changed the seating to outside and the “ pub” people eat inside.
We were seated outside on the lower balcony. The tables where the umbrellas are. We were outside in order to view Illuminations. Right before the show they came and lowered the umbrellas so we had a great view.

Don't know what they will do for the Candlelight Processional. Sorry.

Last edited by Raspus; 10-05-2019 at 05:00 PM. Reason: fix my grammar
Raspus is offline   Reply With Quote