home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2019, 03:00 AM   #1
broganmc
Grand Villa

Default BroganMc Autumn Adventure (Live Blog)

The leaves have started to turn color and the nights have become crisp which means it is time for this little birdie to fly south for an extended summer. In order words, I've returned to Orlando. Currently staying at Bay Lake Towers with my Magic Kingdom view HC room. Joining me on this leg is my brother (Brohawk) and soon-to-be-Marine nephew (he leaves for Parris Island on Oct 27).

This trip has minimal planning, but it looks like everyone in the family is joining in some way. We have 2 more nephews flying down later this week. A sister and another brother with his family. I will be living at Disney for 2 weeks and in town the entire month. I go home by AutoTrain on November 2nd.

My cousin and uncle will be joining me for the last week or so of the trip. They haven't gotten their plane tickets yet, but I'll have a 2 bedroom condo then. And they want no part of this hot summer heat. (Honestly it feels like July in Maryland here.)

Since I'm in town so long, I've opted for the new Halloween season pass. The math tells me I just need to attend 3 parties to break even, 4 or more to be ahead. So to prepare, I've sewn myself a few costumes.

We arrived early this morning. Brohawk flew down yesterday so spent a solo day checking out Galaxy's Edge and Food & Wine. Nephew and I met him for mass this morning. They were eager to use their Universal Season passes so I cut them loose after church. Did a little grocery shopping and checked into the resort.

The boys rode everything they could at Universal and IoA before coming back to Disney for an inaugural flight on the sky ride. Meanwhile I donned one of my costumes and headed off for magic Kingdom. I felt truly decadent waltzing into the party just as the parade ended at 9:30pm. 2.5 hours of fireworks (love the new projections), parades and trick-or-treating. Only thing that hampered me was my wheelchair batteries are showing their age. I got thru 4 treat stops when my power indicator dropped like a rocket. I stayed for the midnight Hocus Pocus show and slowly rolled myself home with my nephew meting me for a push.

The guys are exhausted and snoring now. They only got a few hours sleep last night while I ad a full 9 hours on the train.

Ok more tomorrow. Don't forget, if you're down here this month and want a meetup, send me a PM.

Jen/aka Brogan

Upcoming:

Friends/Solo/Cuz&Uncle October 13-Nov 2 (Cypress Harbour)
NYE Dec 28-Jan 3 (BLT)

Completed: Florida Sep 29-4 (Bay Lake b-day trip)
Family October 4-12 (SSR), Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23), Williamsburg with the family, June 21-28, 2019
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:08 AM   #2
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Let the fun begin!
Following along

Enjoy all the parties, it should be fun having the pass and staying at BLT.
Hope to see pics!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Following along! Glad you're back in Orlando! What a nice treat to yourself to get the Halloween party pass!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:26 AM   #4
bubster
Grand Villa

A whole month of Jen's Adventures!!! Cannot wait to read all about it!

Thanks for bringing us along.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

Happy Happy Halloween with 3 parties, that will be a shitload of candy!
Did you see Jack Skellington walking out onstage ? Makes it mandatory to watch front center for me because it is such a cool performance of that puppetry craft.

Don’t forget the new Maleficient 2 extended sneak peak at One Mans Dream (Walt Disney) in HS . Yesterday they were handing out free evil horned headbands to every guest. And wear black to get your picture taken with the Maleficient Photo opp on wall before entering theatre. It is the entire wingspan and needed to take a lot of steps backwards to get that in camera view.

Also The Odyssey Building in Epcot next to Test Track finally has an incredible surround performance, highlighting the future of Epcot.
I ventured over yesterday but currently only for castmembers but I have seen video of it online !

And Tuesday night live stream of new Epcot Forever on DisneyParksBlog.com if you have had too much fun and need to rest.
Although def worth being wild & crazy to see final Illuminations Tonight and new one tomorrow for contrast (LIVE )in person advantage.
You can do it.

And the special AP SkyLiner pin and new DVC SkyLiner Magic Band that I stood in line for and could not purchase cause I forgot my DVC member card.

And the AP refrigerator magnet for Food& Wine and another one offered on Oct 15 with Ratotouille .

And for your nephews the new Waterpark at the new Margaritaville Hotel in Kissimee always looks empty for those huge water slides as I drive past on my way to Target.

Last edited by MMC1; 09-30-2019 at 11:37 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa

P.S. Let me know if you get tired of your nephews and need a girls just want to have fun friend. I just moved to Celebration and would love to meet sometime.
Starbucks at Disney Springs near the Aerophile giant balloon ? Anybody else in town would be fun to meet also!

Last edited by MMC1; 09-30-2019 at 08:23 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #7
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
P.S. Let me know if you get tired of your nephews and need a girls just want to have fun friend. I just moved to Celebration and would love to meet sometime.
Starbucks at Disney Springs near the Aerophile giant balloon ? Anybody else in town would be fun to meet also!
Awesome! Family leaves me next Tuesday. I'll be in Saratoga thru Saturday. We can plan a meet up then.

Brohawk wants to know where to get the Skyliner pin and magic band you mentioned. I've schooled him to carry his member cards everywhere.

Upcoming:

NYE Dec 28-Jan 3 (BLT)

Family October 4-12 (SSR), Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23), Williamsburg with the family, June 21-28, 2019
Old 09-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #8
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post
The leaves have started to turn color and the nights have become crisp which means it is time for this little birdie to fly south for an extended summer. In order words, I've returned to Orlando. Currently staying at Bay Lake Towers with my Magic Kingdom view HC room. Joining me on this leg is my brother (Brohawk) and soon-to-be-Marine nephew (he leaves for Parris Island on Oct 27).

This trip has minimal planning, but it looks like everyone in the family is joining in some way. We have 2 more nephews flying down later this week. A sister and another brother with his family. I will be living at Disney for 2 weeks and in town the entire month. I go home by AutoTrain on November 2nd.

My cousin and uncle will be joining me for the last week or so of the trip. They haven't gotten their plane tickets yet, but I'll have a 2 bedroom condo then. And they want no part of this hot summer heat. (Honestly it feels like July in Maryland here.)

Since I'm in town so long, I've opted for the new Halloween season pass. The math tells me I just need to attend 3 parties to break even, 4 or more to be ahead. So to prepare, I've sewn myself a few costumes.

We arrived early this morning. Brohawk flew down yesterday so spent a solo day checking out Galaxy's Edge and Food & Wine. Nephew and I met him for mass this morning. They were eager to use their Universal Season passes so I cut them loose after church. Did a little grocery shopping and checked into the resort.

The boys rode everything they could at Universal and IoA before coming back to Disney for an inaugural flight on the sky ride. Meanwhile I donned one of my costumes and headed off for magic Kingdom. I felt truly decadent waltzing into the party just as the parade ended at 9:30pm. 2.5 hours of fireworks (love the new projections), parades and trick-or-treating. Only thing that hampered me was my wheelchair batteries are showing their age. I got thru 4 treat stops when my power indicator dropped like a rocket. I stayed for the midnight Hocus Pocus show and slowly rolled myself home with my nephew meting me for a push.

The guys are exhausted and snoring now. They only got a few hours sleep last night while I ad a full 9 hours on the train.

Ok more tomorrow. Don't forget, if you're down here this month and want a meetup, send me a PM.

Jen/aka Brogan
We will be there at the same time . I hope to finally meet you.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #9
broganmc
Grand Villa

And the business begins. I worked till 3am last night (while charging my chair). Slept till 9:30am. Got room service breakfast with the guys while we debated or plans for the day.

The boys just left for Magic Kingdom. It's freezing child in the room (we keep fighting liver the pepper AC temp) Ana is boiling hot outside.

I've got to shower, dress, find a Batteries Plus Bulbs place for my chair and am meeting them in EPCOT this afternoon. Plan is to see the final Illuminations, from Germany if we can. I have a Cast Member friends staying to watch with friends. Have to see if we can join her.

And I have to setup my DAS again. I completely forgot abbot it yesterday.

We'll do Universal tomorrow. But I want to get back to the room in time to see the Halloween fireworks. (I'm tempted to run into the park after . I loooove my new pass.)

I'll try to past pics as soon as I can upload them.

Oh and I still have abhor 2 hours of work ahead of me and a major troubleshooting issue to solve tomorrow.

Best thing ever: my big bro had informed me because I'm the youngest I will forever be the "kid" in the family. Makes my turning 5-0 on Wednesday much more tolerable. (Honestly I am far too young to be that chronologically old. I must take after my dad.)

Upcoming:

NYE Dec 28-Jan 3 (BLT)

Old 09-30-2019, 12:22 PM   #10
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
We will be there at the same time . I hope to finally meet you.
Check your PM. In sending you my contact into. Text me your arrival date and itinerary. Well carve out some time together.

Upcoming:

NYE Dec 28-Jan 3 (BLT)