home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #1
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Default Free Disney Tickets

I just heard from a previous co-worker who says that a friend of hers works at the Disney store at a local mall and gets free tickets to the parks. Does anyone have experience with this??

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:33 AM   #2
FCivish3
One Bedroom

I know they have given free park entry tickets to cast members in the past. Is it possible that they consider ANY direct employment by Disney to be the equivalent of a Cast Member?

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:05 AM   #3
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
I know they have given free park entry tickets to cast members in the past. Is it possible that they consider ANY direct employment by Disney to be the equivalent of a Cast Member?
Not sure about *any* direct employment, and your definition of "direct" would need to be exactly the same as Disney's (if they even use that term) but if you work at a Disney Store you are a Cast Member.

I used to be a CM at a Disney Store, and yes, I was given free park tickets. Not a gate pass though.

A friend I worked with at the Disney Store transitioned to another role in another division after our store closed and she is still a CM. And yes, she has a Silver Pass (gate pass) which provides her and up to three (I think) immediate family members admission. She also receives a certain amount of tickets that she can gift to friends and non-immediate family members.

The yearly number of tickets and type of tickets to gift to others (some with blackout dates) varies.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by cali09; 09-10-2019 at 03:11 AM.
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:41 AM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

Is the castmember required to be present when their guest enters the park to show their castmember ID ?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:00 AM   #5
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Is the castmember required to be present when their guest enters the park to show their castmember ID ?
Yes, if using their maingate pass to get guests in. My sister used to work at a restaurant in Downtown Disney and she had to come over and get us in every day on one of our trips. She didn't have to stay with us and the tickets became hoppers after we got in.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #6
carolina_yankee
Administrator

What determines whether a Disney Store CM gets free tickets or a gate pass? I know for awhile Disney did not own the Disney Stores, so maybe it was different then?

What are FP booking opportunities? Would a Disney Store CM with a DVC reservation have 60 day booking? Do any of them get 30 day booking without a reservation? Always so complicated!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #7
runner1219
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

What type of passes you get depends on your role in the company. My sister worked at ABC (part of the Disney company) and she had a gate pass. A couple of times a year she was also given free passes that she could give to anyone. She later transitioned into a new role there and she no longer got the gate pass or extra tickets. So it all depends where you work and what your role is.
runner1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #8
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

I don't know about Disney Store CMs but for Disney employees it depends on if you're seasonal, part time, status (full time) and I believe how long you have been there. The CM can get in using their their badge and this can include guests that are with them. Depending on your type of employment you get a certain number of hard copy passes that can be printed off any PC and the cast members are not required to be with them, they work as a normal ticket. The passes work at most of the Disney Parks, I know Disneyland, WDW and Paris and I believe the others park as well. The "paper passes can be downloaded by a non-Disney employee once given the link by a CM. I believe both the guest (with CM) and the paper passes are limited in number. All passes, even the CM badge entrance is subject to blackouts.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #9
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

I just had this flash nightmare where I was the only person in the park who actually paid for it -- everyone else was either a CM or their guest.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #10
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Now I'm wondering how many hours one has to work at the Disney Store to score the free tickets.