home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 02:11 AM   #1
cali09
Two Bedroom

Default D23 Expo Secret Project Announcement is Out & Other News

Read about this from a lot of sources this afternoon.

"Disney announced at this yearís D23 Expo that its much buzzed-about secret project is a Disney+ documentary project offering an inside look at the day-to-day lives of cast members at the Walt Disney Company across the world. Titled One Day at Disney, the project is a special documentary series that will kick off with a feature film and be accompanied by a hardcover book currently available for pre-order at D23. One Day at Disney will debut on Disney+ in December."

https://d23.com/disney-and-disney-wo...day-at-disney/

I'm underwhelmed.

In other news, there is a new Moana attraction coming to Epcot called "Journey of Water", the Odyssey Pavilion will have "Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience" opening this October, Marvel Land at Disneyland will be named the "Avengers Campus" and the name of the Star Wars Hotel is "Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser" to be called the "Halcyon."

https://d23.com/disney-parks-experie...d23-expo-2019/

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by cali09; 08-23-2019 at 02:35 AM.
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:19 AM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

You donít think itís a good counter to Universals new park announcement???
Old 08-23-2019, 02:28 AM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
Read about this from a lot of sources this afternoon.

"Disney announced at this yearís D23 Expo that its much buzzed-about secret project is a Disney+ documentary project offering an inside look at the day-to-day lives of cast members at the Walt Disney Company across the world. Titled One Day at Disney, the project is a special documentary series that will kick off with a feature film and be accompanied by a hardcover book currently available for pre-order at D23. One Day at Disney will debut on Disney+ in December."

https://d23.com/disney-and-disney-wo...day-at-disney/

I'm underwhelmed.

In other news, there is a new Moana attraction coming to Epcot called "Journey of Water", the Odyssey Pavilion is geting the "Epcot Experience" done by Walt Disney Imagineering which will open this October, Marvel Land at Disneyland will be named the "Avengers Campus" and the name of the Star Wars Hotel is "Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser" called the "Halcyon."

Is this for real?
Old 08-23-2019, 02:34 AM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

They sure know how to hype things up, donít they? Call something secret and peopleís expectations soar.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:36 AM   #5
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You donít think itís a good counter to Universals new park announcement???
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
[/b]

Is this for real?
The Moana attraction? Yes, it's real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

They sure know how to hype things up, donít they? Call something secret and peopleís expectations soar.
I know, right?

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:01 AM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Expected it to be underwhelming, but not that underwhelming, haha. Secret project? Whatever.

Of course they save the real announcements for the presentations, but still. Oh well.

Water flow walkthrough sounds like a pleasant place to wander, perhaps.

The Odyssey Imagineering addition sounds very much like the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure while it was being redone. Interesting place to visit, I’m sure I’ll spend some time there.

Hopefully looking forward to seeing if that Play pavilion has any offerings for adults. We shall see...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:44 AM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Oh goodie. Iím so excited...
Old 08-23-2019, 05:26 AM   #8
MMC1
Grand Villa

I was expecting the announcement of The Walt Disney Story bringing Walt back to life for the new Cirque de Soleil Show in Disney Springs similar to other Cirque shows in Las Vegas....
Speaking of Las Vegas , maybe ďweĒ should plan a trip to Vegas instead of any Disney Lands since the Neon Museum presents Tim Burton October 15- Feb 15.
Las Vegas is great family destination for the holidays .
NeonMuseum.org
Ha , Do we need a DVC in Vegas!?! Now that would be announcement
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:31 AM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

wow, I'm so excited to hear all this
Old 08-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #10
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Much ado about nothing.

Kind of what I expected a "secret project" they didn't really have so they had to sit around and make something up. Incredibly sad, ,but that's our current management.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote