home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Default Overwhelming lines and ongoing FP distribution...

Something in the system might need to change.

I was truly surprised, this past week, at the consistency of long FP lines. Some of it was due to ride closures, which is an issue in itself. Ride failures, compounded by weather closures, create a real issue as those anytime FP's backlog throughout the day. That's a problem in and of itself.

Some of it, however, is that it seems as thought they are simply issuing too many! The worst example I saw was at Buzz Lightyear in the evening this past Sunday. I had grabbed an 8:15 FP around 6:30, and we made it over around 8:30. The line was out the door, around the corner, and up and down cues lined up beside the entrance to the Laugh Floor. There were no massive ride or weather closures that day that would have explained any issues (we were there open to close).

We moved consistently, but only because they were letting in FP at a 10/1 ratio to the standby line. For every two parties they let through in standby, they would let 20 parties through on FP - enraging people standing in FP lines (which we saw reach the tipping point with people more than once).

We saw this a number of time at different rides but what made this particular case worse was that, as we got off the ride at 8:50, I was able to grab another FP for 9:15. The FP line was still out the door, the SB line was not moving, and I was able to get another FP that would make things even worse.

Have others experienced this? Maybe it was a fluke, but we saw it a number of times. I know there is only so much they can do about ride closures and weather, but there is a systemic issue if it gets this bad on a consistent basis - which it was, at least for the time we were there.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Itís been their new model since they implemented FP+. They issue many more FPs now than they did in the past. As it hasnít changed in these years Iíd say they are happy with it.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

argh

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Our last trip, several times the FP line was crazy bad with no one in standby. Not having a FP for the ride, we actually took advantage of that fluke and basically bypassed a lot of people and enjoyed the ride. Not sure why it happened, but it did multiple times during the course of a week.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #5
krisephillips
One Bedroom

I was wondering this as well. We experienced the same situations 2 weeks ago. I was attributing it to ride closures at first because we did have quite a few (we had to walk off 4 rides due to malfunctions which has never happened to us before). But the increased FP lines was consistent and at multiple parks.

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #6
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
argh
I couldn't say it any better
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:21 PM   #7
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
I couldn't say it any better
Aarrrrghh!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #8
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

You got in line at 8:30 and got off at 8:50...that's just 20 mins. That's not bad at all. What am I missing?

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #9
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
You got in line at 8:30 and got off at 8:50...that's just 20 mins. That's not bad at all. What am I missing?
If you cant get a fast pass your screwed, if you can get a fast pass theres still a lot of people in the fp que
Old 08-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #10
DBridge
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post

And you picked up.the FP at 630
Sounds like a win win win
DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote