home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
PinkDisney29
Studio

Default Amazon grocery experts...

We’ve always ordered garden grocer but are wanting to try amazon prime now this time. Such a big price difference and I’d rather spend that elsewhere. We will be arriving later like after 8:30 pm and wanted to order some alcohol. I think we should be there to get the last hour window time slot. I was just wondering what happens with the alcohol in an amazon order if you aren’t available to pick up your order? Do they take it back and credit your order? Also, at OKW do they bring to bell services or a certain location in the resort? If you aren’t there will bell services refrigerate the cold for you like they do with garden grocer?

Thank you!!
PinkDisney29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Red face Following along

Following. Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #3
capeokw56
Grand Villa

We used to use GG as well but these last few trips have used Amazon Prime and have been very happy. They will deliver your order to Bell Services and you'll get the notification from Amazon, and the cold items are packed in insulated bags so they stay cold. Then you can call Bell Services to bring it to your room whenever you're ready.
We've never ordered alcohol so I can't help you with that.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:28 PM   #4
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Following, too.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
We used to use GG as well but these last few trips have used Amazon Prime and have been very happy. They will deliver your order to Bell Services and you'll get the notification from Amazon, and the cold items are packed in insulated bags so they stay cold. Then you can call Bell Services to bring it to your room whenever you're ready.
We've never ordered alcohol so I can't help you with that.
To the OP, if I may throw a nod to Instacart, we have been happy with them the last two times we used them. Instacart works just as capeokw56 described above.

We were torn because we loved Garden Grocer and received phenomenal service, but the price difference between them and Instacart was very noticeable.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I like to pick up in person so I cannot say as much. They will leave with bell services and they will refrigerate for you. I have seen very mixed results on alcohol being left. I would try to be there if you can just in case.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #7
mousechick
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Following

mousechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Ha ha, I followed, too, but sadly I have no information to add.
Why do we post, saying only "following"?
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #9
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

In the past we used instacart for both groceries and alcohol. We had to be there to accept the alcohol and they checked ID.

Our last trip this year we did amazon prime for our groceries and loved the selection. They put stuff in cold bags and bell services held it in the fridge until we were ready to pick it up. Will use them again.

Instead of getting our alcohol delivered we ubered to ABC liquor (Its like Bevmo) so we could get better options in liquor and the prices were good too. Uber was about $10 round trip and the driver waited outisde while we went inside to buy it. We will definitely do that again next time so we can get exactly what we want.

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #10
WiggleWorm
Studio

Like others said, we’ve gotten food but not alcohol from Amazon. We’ve gotten alcohol from Garden Grocer, WeGoShop, and Instacart with no issues. A couple times we just happened to be available when they delivered and the other times Bell Services have kept it cold for us.
WiggleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote