home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
swissamy
Studio

Default Galaxy’s Edge Opening Day - any news/rumors?

My 15 yr old is a Star Wars superfan and we have just made reservations to come down that week. I keep trying to prepare him for the fact that even if we try to be there when it opens or wait in line early, we may still not get in on opening day! We are staying at pop as I didn’t want to use my points for Beach Club- Has anyone heard anything about Wdw’s plans for opening day? Do you think it’ll be like Star Wars weekends when le you can line up in the middle of the night? I’m desperately trying to figure out how best to plan! Thank you friends!!
swissamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:01 PM   #2
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissamy View Post
My 15 yr old is a Star Wars superfan and we have just made reservations to come down that week. I keep trying to prepare him for the fact that even if we try to be there when it opens or wait in line early, we may still not get in on opening day! We are staying at pop as I didn’t want to use my points for Beach Club- Has anyone heard anything about Wdw’s plans for opening day? Do you think it’ll be like Star Wars weekends when le you can line up in the middle of the night? I’m desperately trying to figure out how best to plan! Thank you friends!!
It will open at 6 am. That is all we know for now .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
dantr
One Bedroom

I am curious as well. We are going to be there August 30 - Sept 1, and want to check Galaxy's Edge out on the 31st, but we have MNSSHP for the night before. That means that we would be Magic Kingdom at around 1-2am, to go to SS and then head to Hollywood Studios at 5am. I will be needing A LOT of coffee that day. I am wondering if we will be able to just line up at Hollywood Studios from the night before, and maybe just head over there after the Halloween party. It is a little weird that for Disney, you usually have to plan months in advance, but for this opening, not much information has been released beyond the park's operating hours.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:38 PM   #4
bakerworld
Grand Villa

http://www.vacationclubloans.com/sta...or-august-29th

Quote:
Helpful Hint: Stay on Disney Property! Visits to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be available during Extra Magic Hours. From September 1 to November 2, Extra Magic Hours will be offered at Disney’s Hollywood Studios every morning from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM. After these “extra” Extra Magic Hours end on November 2, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will continue to be a part of our regularly scheduled Extra Magic Hours. Standard theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be required for guests seeking to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:11 PM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

I just went to the castmember preview last night from. 5-9.
We were not able to make reservations but I did ask just at the close of I could enter Oga’s just to see it. I was surprised they let me in.
I was glad for this time frame to enter in daylight and exit at close to see the fireworks from Fantasmic arise over Batuu.
They have a special greeting for entry and special greeting as you exit .
And I will tell you something quite unexpected occurs on Smugglers Run to denote the time of day/ night. I got to be Pilot first time and barely survived but we did. I actually saw 3 different versions but not sure how many total.
The previews are not showcasing all of the character interactions currently so looking forward to Opening day too! I also found a hidden Mickey and a bird cage in tunnel exit and it was partially using wire fragments to denote scavenger survival for all in this galaxy.
And take the time to look at the landscaping and different rock formations . The tree trunks are gnarly & knotted as if they have been there forever and the exposed rock formations makes me want to explore the geology of Batuu.

Last edited by MMC1; 08-17-2019 at 10:17 PM.
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:26 AM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I just went to the castmember preview last night from. 5-9.
We were not able to make reservations but I did ask just at the close of I could enter Oga’s just to see it. I was surprised they let me in.
I was glad for this time frame to enter in daylight and exit at close to see the fireworks from Fantasmic arise over Batuu.
They have a special greeting for entry and special greeting as you exit .
And I will tell you something quite unexpected occurs on Smugglers Run to denote the time of day/ night. I got to be Pilot first time and barely survived but we did. I actually saw 3 different versions but not sure how many total.
The previews are not showcasing all of the character interactions currently so looking forward to Opening day too! I also found a hidden Mickey and a bird cage in tunnel exit and it was partially using wire fragments to denote scavenger survival for all in this galaxy.
And take the time to look at the landscaping and different rock formations . The tree trunks are gnarly & knotted as if they have been there forever and the exposed rock formations makes me want to explore the geology of Batuu.

Very cool. Glad you enjoyed!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:36 AM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa

Thanks MrB,
I forgot to finish with personal thought about opening day ceremony.
I have attended a few ... cool to remember but just as cool exploring options. That is why I discuss the experience from late afternoon to closing .
I hope the OP asks her son if he has thoughts about exploring his first visit to Batuu. I walked thru the cave entry point and slowly explored and then went back to actually enter the marketplace and explored a few stores. If their is a display in store , ask castmember what it signifies . For instance their is a backstory of a chef and the tailor that creates all the garments.
Have fun & be excited to explore Batuu is best advice
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote