home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
swat08
One Bedroom

Default August Split Stay and Extras Trip

We (me, DH, and DS 9) are back from 10 fun and sunny days! The weather was gorgeous - big, bright, beautiful sun every morning, always had the afternoon storm but never got caught in any down pours, perfect! When we go in the summer, we may spend a couple mornings/afternoons in the parks but we mostly head to the water parks or resort pool for the day and hit the parks in the evening.

This trip I also added a few of the special event tickets. We did the MK After Hours last year and loved the low crowds that we decided to do more this time. Also wanted to add in a couple of the fireworks dessert parties.

Here's my attempt at my first trip report - hope you enjoy!

Part 1 - BWV

Day 1 - Arrived late afternoon and received the room ready email while we were on the ME bus. We had 1st floor pool view - great room location. Only negative was the view when sitting on the patio, all we saw were the hedges!! Dropped our bags and headed to HS for our TSM fast pass, we missed our Star Tours one. Then went over to Epcot for our favorite pizza at Via Napoli and to finish our first day.

Day 2 - Slept in a little and headed to Garden Grill for breakfast and pics with Chip and Dale. This was my DS's favorite breakfast place but was replaced by another breakfast we would have later in the trip! Headed to Typhoon Lagoon and then to Epcot for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. Arrival time for the party is 8. It wasn't raining but since it was earlier, they had made the decision to have the party inside. We lined up adjacent to the line for Frozen and headed inside and up a couple flights of stairs. It was assigned seating - tables of 8 to 10, desserts were on tables in the middle, and the bar was at the end of the room. The drinks were included in the ticket, as many as you want. They had 2 or 3 mixed drinks, beer, and wine. I had a blue frozen type drink that was good. Bartender told my DH to see him at the end of the party and he would give us 2 drinks each to take with us for the fireworks lol. Don't remember all the desserts but the cupcake and the smores with ice cream were my favorite.
Headed over to fireworks viewing about 8:50, watched the show, then walked over to an empty Frozen for our ride. Another fun part was leaving Epcot as it was pretty much empty. I love walking through the parks when you feel like you are the only one there!

Day 3 - Hung out at the pool in am then over to MK for Speedway, 7DMT, and Splash Mountain FP's then lunch at Be Our Guest. We had time in between 7DMT and Splash so we stopped at Mickey's Philharmagic but something must have happened because we ended up waiting in line 20-30 minutes. Headed right over to Splash but the FP line was so long we were afraid of missing our BOG reservations so we skipped Splash. Headed back to BWV for a nap since we had AK After Hours tickets. This was our first time for these tickets and it was a one and done for us. There aren't enough rides open to even out the crowd to keep the wait times low.
[IMG][/IMG]
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
swat08
One Bedroom

Day 4 - Late breakfast at Boma. This is the breakfast that is now my DS's favorite - something about the donuts!! I have to agree with him, Boma is my favorite breakfast place. Headed over to Blizzard Beach to play some golf at Winter Summerland before going in. I really love being in the Christmas atmosphere of the course! After Blizzard Beach we had dinner at Cape May. This is where my DS found his favorite mac and cheese! Walked around the Boardwalk and back to BWV for some night swimming.

Day 5 - This was our transfer day to the Poly. But before we did that, we had tickets to Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land. Easy walk over to HS from BWV, tickets said 7:00 but we were not able to get in to Toy Story Land until 7:30. I must have missed that part, luckily we got there at 7:15 so didn't have too long to wait. We went right to SDD (so did everyone else!) and waited about 20 mins. We then rode Alien Saucers and TSM and headed over to the breakfast that was part of the ticket. There were hot food selections as well as cereal, fruit, and pastry. It was good to experience this but was another one and done for us.

We headed out of HS as everyone was coming in, packed up our bags, and took a Minnie van over to Poly for our check in. We were in Pago Pago on the second floor. We have stayed at Poly before and have been in 4 or 5 different longhouses and always liked every one we were in. I don't think any of them are too far away from anywhere you want to go. We stayed there at the pool until it was time to go to MK for the HEA Fireworks Dessert Party. Absolutely loved this dessert party! Seated at table for 3, great view of the castle and fireworks, and the food was very good - they serve savory and sweet dishes at this party. And the ability to hang out at our table while the masses cleared out of MK was fantastic! They told us to feel free to stay but that they would be cleaning up around us. Perfect plan lol!

Old 08-16-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
swat08
One Bedroom

Day 6 - Quiet Day hanging out at the Oasis Pool. DS doesn't care about the slide so we go to the less crowded pool. So nice to hang out, order drinks, and just relax! Nap was in store today because we were headed to Disney Springs for dinner at Wolfgang Puck's and back to MK to the Villains After Hours ticket. We really enjoy this After Hours time in MK and will buy this ticket every time it is available during our trip. We are able to ride everything we want with minimal wait times. The Villains part was new to us and I could take it or leave, that's not a draw for us. We rode Buzz, PeopleMover, Speedway, Barnstormer (2x), Dumbo, Pooh, Peter Pan, 7DMT, Splash, Thunder, Pirates, and Space. And free ice cream, popcorn, and drinks. Such a fun night!!

Day 7 - Back to Blizzard Beach for the day, then dinner at our favorite 'Ohana, and then Lava Pool for night swimming and Electric Water Pageant and fireworks.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #4
swat08
One Bedroom

Day 8 - early run around Poly and Grand Floridian and had to stop for this beautiful sunrise.

Hung out at Oasis Pool again and rented a pontoon boat for a ride around the lagoon. This was a first for us and alot of fun! We went to Chef Mickey's for dinner and back to Disney Springs to buy a few things that we wanted at World of Disney.

Day 9 - this is the last trip my DS9 will be considered a child in Disney terms so we also loaded up on the character meals to make good use of the Disney Dining Plan. Pooh Bear has always been his favorite so we went to Crystal Palace for breakfast and a visit with Pooh.

We took a bus over to Saratoga to ride bikes and swim. We saw the new buses during our trip but weren't lucky enough to ride on one this time. When we got back to Poly, Mickey and Pluto were having a party on the lawn. They were so interactive and cute with everyone. Pluto "stole" a shoe from a little girl and was running away with it lol!

Old 08-16-2019, 12:29 PM   #5
swat08
One Bedroom

Day 9 evening - back to HS for FP for SDD and Star Tours, then dinner at Sci-Fi. This was our first time at Sci-Fi and really enjoyed it. My DS said this is his new favorite! TSM was listed at 15 minutes for stand by so we got in line and within 2 minutes it was up to 30 - just our luck so we left!

Day 10 - time to leave. Quick swim in the am and the ME was due to pick us up at 10:50.

Another great trip for us. This was our first stay at BWV and it is toward the bottom of our list of favorites. Poly is first, followed by any building at Wilderness Lodge.

We are back in January as I will be running my first marathon and Dopey challenge! Staying at SSR for the first part of the trip and then moving over to Poly for the last part. Thought I would enjoy being closer to the monorail and spa for the end of my Dopey journey!
Old 08-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #6
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Thanks for posting. I love all of your pictures! Good luck on the Dopey! I have done the Half a few times, but not the marathon or Dopey! Remember to have fun while doing it!

BLT
BWV
CCV
Redhead58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Glad you enjoyed, thanks for taking the time to share. Great pictures!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:26 PM   #8
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Loved the pictures!! Looks like it was a great trip

Wow, a marathon and the Dopey challenge? Very best of luck!!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #9
swat08
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead58 View Post
Thanks for posting. I love all of your pictures! Good luck on the Dopey! I have done the Half a few times, but not the marathon or Dopey! Remember to have fun while doing it!
Thanks! And I will - thinking about running the actual marathon and crossing the finish line is what has been getting me through alot of my training!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Glad you enjoyed, thanks for taking the time to share. Great pictures!
Thanks! I always enjoy reading trip reports and looking at pictures from others, makes me feel like I am there too - I figured it was about time i did one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandjmom View Post
Loved the pictures!! Looks like it was a great trip

Wow, a marathon and the Dopey challenge? Very best of luck!!
Thank you! It was a great trip. Thanks for the luck! I'll do a trip report on that but it will be much different from this one lol!
Old 08-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #10
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Thanks for posting about your trip. It sounds like fun - a lot of different things to try. Great pictures too. We own BWV and still love the location - but I really really like the Poly and the Oasis pool.