home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
administrator
Site Overlord

Exclamation UPDATE: New Registrations CLOSED! RTB affected! READ THIS!

Hi, Y'all --

Unfortunately, new registrations will be closed until further notice. Although I realize that this will be an inconvenience to some new people, this action cannot be helped.

From Friday, 7/26 through this AM (Monday, 7/29), we have encountered nearly 600 new spam registrations. Since I check the IP address of every new registration (in an effort to keep fraud at a minimum), this situation quickly has moved beyond my ability to bear and deal with it. Thus, I've decided to put new registrations on hold until the attack seems to have ceased or lessened.

In addition, I have decided to do a very restrictive IP address banning of those addresses associated with the spam accounts. Again, I realize that this will cause some difficulties for some of you, and for that, I apologize.

Finally, I have decided that during this week, I will not allow the posting of new "for rent/trade" ads to the RTB. Please note that I will continue to allow posting of "wanted" ads, and I ask owners to abide by "NO POSTING OF FOR RENT/TRADE ADS IN THE 'WANTED' SECTION OF THE RTB." If owners break this rule, they will be banned permanently. Because frankly, I don't want to deal with any further shit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

EDIT ON MONDAY, 8/5: Unfortunately, We are still receiving a significant amount of Russian spam communications. Thus, new registrations and new RTB "for rent" ads will be disabled until Wednesday, when they will be opened. Then, depending on what happens, I may close new registrations again over next weekend (since that's when these douchebags mostly seem to strike). We'll just take it as it comes. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for this continued inconvenience.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
HoosierMinnie
Studio

Kim, just want to reiterate how much your efforts and this board are appreciated. Do what you gotta do. Have a little nip of port this evening and know we’re all supportive of your decisions.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Holy cow!!! You are a much better person than I am! So sorry you have to deal with this nonsense.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #4
OLDDISNUT
One Bedroom

Thanks for all your effort for the site. I have learned a lot over the years and enjoy it a lot.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Ugh. Why are people such jerks? Sorry you have to deal with this crap. Thanks for all you do for the site.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:52 PM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

So super annoying.....
Looks like they broke the code to get in.....
Old 07-29-2019, 03:00 PM   #7
Nickys
Grand Villa

Wow, these people are the worst jerks.

So sorry you have to deal with their crap to look after the rest of us Kim.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:08 PM   #8
djo
Studio

Thank you Kim for all you do!
Donna
Old 07-29-2019, 07:16 PM   #9
beachclubmum
Two Bedroom

I feel privileged to be here among fellow Mouseowners. Thank you for all you do.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:31 PM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds like a huge pain in the ass. So sorry you’re dealing with that shit, Kim. Thanks for all you do.
Closed Thread