home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
Eeyorelover22
Two Bedroom

Default New Charging policy

I saw this last week, but now I cannot find the thread.

My kids are going to Disney for one night and I'm concerned about Disney's new policy for charging. I'm sure their limits on their cards are not super high and I don't want them to have any issues.

Tips for me to help them would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 07-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

There will be a $100 hold put on the card if they allow for charging. The holds they put on after are what is causing issues for some. One night isn't an issue as the holds likely cannot be racked up enough to cause issues (a new hold daily). I wouldn't worry about it for them with just the one night. Otherwise just don't charge to your band and it isn't an issue at all really.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
Eeyorelover22
Two Bedroom

Thank you! I did find it...just had to search the right topic.

I will tell them this. I'm glad I saw it last week. It could have been a nightmare for them.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I agree with helenabear.

For one night, if they aren't doing fancy dining and aren't buying tons of souvenirs, they should be fine as long as they have $500 - $1000 available credit on their cards. The only other glitch they might have is if their CC company reads increased holds as fraudulent activity and freezes the card. As longs they have charge alerts set up and are willing to call the company when something like that happens, they should be able to get it cleared up quickly enough.

To be honest, if there is any question, I would just advise them to use the card at each point of purchase. If there is only one card they are going to charge to and might split up, then they'll need to room charge. It's not likely to be a problem if there is available credit as mentioned above but there is still a chance.

Dirk

Old 07-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
Disney Dad ADL
One Bedroom

Another option is to make a payment to the credit card right before the go on their trip. Pay off the entire balance so it's at $0 at the start of the trip.

It is actually possible to overpay and have a positive credit on your statement as well. The positive balance will be used up before the charges start hitting your credit limit again, not sure if it's worth going that far though.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
Eeyorelover22
Two Bedroom

Thank you very much. I appreciate all the help.

I think they will be okay with just one night there. They are going to TL on their anniversary. The real trip is in September, but wanted to do something on the date.

I wish I lived 4 hours from Disney and could go down for the day.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:32 PM   #7
brp
Add-on Aficionado

FYI, active front-page thread on identical topic

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=137539

Cheers.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #8
carolina_yankee
Administrator

OP's specific question has been answers, so I'm closing the thread to keep the conversation to the other thread.

Dirk

Closed Thread