home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 10:27 PM   #1
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Default Question for residents near Disney World

My wife just got approval from the disability insurance company that she works for to work from home. Of course, now "home" can be anywhere. So for those of you in the Disney World area, what are some neighborhoods where Disney fireworks can be seen? We're not looking for Golden Oak, but something cheaper.
I had a dream the other night of walking to the end of our driveway and fireworks were lighting up the sky...

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

I recommend you find someplace for one year to rent because Florida is really different. And I have been relocated from St.Louis to Portland Oregon to Omaha, Nebraska , to Fresno , Ca Kansas City to Dallas Ft Worth and Phoenix. So believe me when I say it is a culture shock to be in Disneyworld area or I should say surrounding areas of WDW....
I am in Celebration for one year to figure this all out. I can’t see the fireworks but I can hear them. The ease of driving across street to Disney Springs, etc at any time of day or night ... literally driving over the backed up morning & night traffic on Interstate makes for a wonderful stress free feeling. I drive past the DVC building everyday! So funny to call them to ask a question knowing I could just walk over to the office building to say howdy!
Celebration is a really friendly small town with nice Publix Grocery Store and library, etc. Plus it is clean and safe.
I guess Golden Oaks is really nice too.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:45 PM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

I will add that the newly designed Veterans Hospital in Lake Nona is incredibly beautiful and a very nice new area to live just Northwest of the Airport.
If you are retired military you would want to be near this I am guessing.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:50 AM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
My wife just got approval from the disability insurance company that she works for to work from home. Of course, now "home" can be anywhere. So for those of you in the Disney World area, what are some neighborhoods where Disney fireworks can be seen? We're not looking for Golden Oak, but something cheaper.
I had a dream the other night of walking to the end of our driveway and fireworks were lighting up the sky...
I donít have any actual advice, but wanted to say wow! That would be amazing and I hope it all works out for you.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #5
Rozzie
Grand Villa

There are several co-workers that live in Windemere that have Firework views. It is a pricey part of Orlando and has it's own personality. Dr. Phillips is also an area that has fireworks views. I am sure there are many other places in West Orlando that does. I live in East Orlando--50 min away and still "hear" them on quiet still nights.

I have lived here for 3 years and also recommend renting for at least 1 year to get to know the city. It is very diverse and each part has it's positives and minuses. I moved twice in my first 6 months here!

I finally decided on a location that checks all the boxes for our desires. We are building a home in Winter Garden--convenient to downtown Orlando (where I work) and Disney (where DH works).

But everyone has different reactions, needs and wants. Good luck on your project!
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:00 AM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I will add that the newly designed Veterans Hospital in Lake Nona is incredibly beautiful and a very nice new area to live just Northwest of the Airport.
If you are retired military you would want to be near this I am guessing.
Lake Nona is southeast of MCO.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #7
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

This is very helpful and thanks to everyone who provided insight. Hopefully this works for us and hopefully the job search for me (it may be tough to find something for only 10 years until retirement) and selling two properties where we are now doesn't take too long.

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #8
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Good luck! Fireworks every night from my front lawn sounds like happiness to me.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Good luck on your new adventure......How exciting!!!

The area behind MK has "reverse" views of the fireworks. It really comes down to price point and job opportunities. I like the recommendations to rent 1 year, to get your feel of living in Orlando. It might not be for you or hearing the boom boom boom of fireworks every night might be too much.

We don't plan on moving to Florida, but are planning to snowbird for 2-4 months every year. We will probably start with 2 months and increase it to 4 months as we adjust. I pay attention to these types of threads cause I learn good advice for when we are ready to retire.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #10
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Lake Nona is southeast of MCO.
thanks
My best friend has become OnStar Navigation tool in my car to find my way home.

Celebration has strict 1 yearleasing regulations minimum to restrict the Airbnb’s ,etc.
But a lot of this area is owners that live here different times of the year.
Celebration is expanding into new community . So I am waiting for new model homes to be built to tour . Mattamy Homes is the developer .

Last edited by MMC1; 06-14-2019 at 07:01 AM.