home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
Nickys
Grand Villa

Default July 4th event at TOTWL

Saw this on the Disney Parks Blog. A DVC desert party, effectively! Not sure what it means for members wanting to go up to TOTWL, especially if they’re also running the Wave / TOTWL dining event. It may well make it harder to get in, so anyone planning to go up might want to plan to be up earlier than normal.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-of-the-world/
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #2
trlenoir
Studio

I was getting all excited thinking this was like one of those moonlight magic events - then I saw the price tag.

Think I will hang out in our 1 bedroom Theme Park View BLT room and enjoy a brat and the fireworks from the balcony!
trlenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:50 PM   #3
DBridge
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlenoir View Post
I was getting all excited thinking this was like one of those moonlight magic events - then I saw the price tag.

Think I will hang out in our 1 bedroom Theme Park View BLT room and enjoy a brat and the fireworks from the balcony!

Agreed. It's a blackout date anyways so only those staying at BLT can get to TOTWL, unless you're paying for the party. I'm assumimg most of the people who went out of their way to get a theme park view at BLT on the 4th will be enjoying the fireworks from the comfort of their own room.
DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:40 PM   #4
Goofy Dad 13
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBridge View Post
Agreed. It's a blackout date anyways so only those staying at BLT can get to TOTWL, unless you're paying for the party. I'm assumimg most of the people who went out of their way to get a theme park view at BLT on the 4th will be enjoying the fireworks from the comfort of their own room.
I added the bold, because that was my understanding, that those DVC members staying there would be able to go to ToTWL on the 4th. BUT, this is the language in the post about the event (bolding is mine). So, are members staying at BLT allowed up on the 4th?

Quote:
And here’s a little trip tip from our friends at Bay Lake Tower. While the Top of the World Lounge will be available exclusively to those attending the aforementioned event, the lounge will remain open to all eligible Members on July 3, which also happens to be a new date for the nearby Disney Vacation Club Fireworks Cruise.

Goofy Dad 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Dad 13 View Post
I added the bold, because that was my understanding, that those DVC members staying there would be able to go to ToTWL on the 4th. BUT, this is the language in the post about the event (bolding is mine). So, are members staying at BLT allowed up on the 4th?
OMG, I hadn’t seen that bit. Or hadn’t fully noticed it.

Sounds like maybe it’s going to be closed to even those staying at BLT. I really hope that isn’t the case. We were planning to visit over NYE and I fear for that date too. They’ll just say “members can go on the 30th”.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

So, this sounds like it is open to any member who is willing to cough up 99pp, regardless of where they are staying? And only those people willing to pay get to use the lounge on July 4th? I’m going to say what some others are already thinking. MONEY GRAB!!!

And since it is a “membership magic” event, does that mean only blue card holders are eligible?
Old 06-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #7
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

This I cannot fathom. If I made a reservation knowing full well that ONLY BLT GUESTS could go to TOWL lounge on July 3 and 4, then things changed a month out I would be livid. I am forever confused about who has the rights to TOWL and how there could now be pay for events there when there weren't previously.

Is it run by BLT board ow whoever and they would have the right to rent this space out?

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #8
NJOYURLIFE
Studio

That is not right. I know the lounge is a perk. But springing this a month before is not right. Definitely a money grab.
And now it is truly Home Sweet Home
NJOYURLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #9
MMC1
Grand Villa

This does not make me happy to hear but then again, I have noticed many guests ( entire families ) using it as a convenient hang out without really ordering very much. Will we still be able to wait in the outdoor section without a price Tag?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #10
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

So as a good, responsible planner, you could have made a reservation at 11 months for BLT just so you could spend the 4th at TOTL only to find out three weeks before the event, you'll have to pay $99 a person to go to the event, and thank goodness they've reserved the 3rd for people who are staying at BLT on the 3rd? How asinine. I'd be pissed if I had a reservation specifically for the 4th at BLT.

I'll be watching from Japan.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote