home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
lcras
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Disneyland Flex Passport

Saw the new Disneyland Flex Passport that is being offered and was wondering what the availability will be on the Reservation Dates. Will you be able to reserve one of the days or will they be always booked? Or will you have to wake up early the morning of the 30th day to get a reservation (like you have to do for VGF LOL). The passport is $200 more than the Southern California Select, but has the same "Good to Go" days.
As an annual passholder at Disneyland I have found the park becoming busier and busier with each passing year and that was before the opening of Star Wars. I like to say, not only is this the "Happiest Place on Earth" it is also the "Busiest Place on Earth".
Anyone have any experience with the new passport?

Home Resorts: AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
lcras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Following along ... I hadn't seen this Passport type before. Thanks for the heads-up! Looks interesting ...
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #3
Sykes
Studio

We got my wife the Flex passport and it's been pretty easy to use. So far there has only been one reservation day since it launched when reservations are unavailable. The blackout calendar on Disneyland's website is live:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/pas...r-flex-annual/

Just choose the Flex passport and Both Parks (or each park individually if that's what you want) and it'll show days where reservations are currently unavailable/sold out as a blue day with a black slash through it. Currently the only day on the calendar where that appears is July 12th.

Having said that, there aren't many people that have these passports yet (they've only been on sale for 21 days), so it's likely that reservations will become a bit more difficult to get once Disney sells more, but I still don't expect it to be a massive problem.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:08 PM   #4
lcras
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

My current passport does not expire until November, thanks for the link, it will be good to follow the availability until then.
I like the idea of the flex days, really hoping it works.
Keep us updated on how it is to use and if you encounter any issues using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
We got my wife the Flex passport and it's been pretty easy to use. So far there has only been one reservation day since it launched when reservations are unavailable. The blackout calendar on Disneyland's website is live:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/pas...r-flex-annual/

Just choose the Flex passport and Both Parks (or each park individually if that's what you want) and it'll show days where reservations are currently unavailable/sold out as a blue day with a black slash through it. Currently the only day on the calendar where that appears is July 12th.

Having said that, there aren't many people that have these passports yet (they've only been on sale for 21 days), so it's likely that reservations will become a bit more difficult to get once Disney sells more, but I still don't expect it to be a massive problem.

Home Resorts: AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF
lcras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
cali09
Two Bedroom

I bought a Flex Pass on Saturday. I figured for this first year the availability for the "reservation needed" dates will likely be decent.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:26 AM   #6
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Well ... I tried upgrading a "Single-Day/Single-Park" ticket (unused) to the Flex AP and I think something went wrong.

I phoned first ... and was told, "Yes you can upgrade the ticket to the Flex AP ... but it must be done either at the park or via the app." I found the App's button to upgrade the ticket and completed all the steps ... but it seems to have charged me full price w/out using the Single-day admission media.

I have opened a trouble ticket (via email form) ... we'll see how this goes. I do not have a good history with resolving problems with Disneyland's Ticket Sales. Oh, boy ... oh, boy. Wish me luck.

NOTE: The Flex AP goes into immediate effect on purchase rather than on 1st use. This is a great new way for Disney to steal a bit of our money / time. If you wait to purchase at the park, you might not be able to secure a "same day" reservation. If you purchase early in order to book the reservation, you lose the time between purchase and first visit. Tricky, eh?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #7
bwvBound
Grand Villa

So how does Park Hopping work with the Flex AP on days that require reservations for both parks? Does it require burning 2 reservations for the same day (1 each park)?

Found an answer on the internet ...
Source: https://www.azcentral.com/story/trav...es/1142491001/
Quote:
Does Flex Pass allow park-hopping?

The Flex Pass allows holders to visit Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on the same day. Even on days when each park requires reservations (as in the summer), you'll need just one reservation to visit both. That can be a valuable perk.
Still rather ambiguous.

Last edited by bwvBound; 06-13-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #8
Sykes
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
So how does Park Hopping work with the Flex AP on days that require reservations for both parks? Does it require burning 2 reservations for the same day (1 each park)?
Each reservation is either for Disneyland, California Adventure, or "Both Parks". You can reserve both parks on the same day with a single reservation, but if one is sold out for a given day (or you know you only want to visit one of them) you can make a reservation for a single park as well.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #9
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Each reservation is either for Disneyland, California Adventure, or "Both Parks". You can reserve both parks on the same day with a single reservation, but if one is sold out for a given day (or you know you only want to visit one of them) you can make a reservation for a single park as well.
Ooooooh! Thank you ... I didn't see "both parks" (or I didn't understand it if I did see it) when booking my reservations for next week. How interesting ... thanks for the assist!

UPDATE: COOL! I canceled a "DCA" reservation and rebooked it for "Both Parks." Excellent. Thank you, again!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #10
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
NOTE: The Flex AP goes into immediate effect on purchase rather than on 1st use. This is a great new way for Disney to steal a bit of our money / time. If you wait to purchase at the park, you might not be able to secure a "same day" reservation. If you purchase early in order to book the reservation, you lose the time between purchase and first visit. Tricky, eh?
This was my concern as well. So when I was there this past Saturday I asked at the window before getting a FlexPass. The CM said that if I couldn't book a reservation for both parks they would do an override. Once I heard that I went ahead with that assurance.

Ran into a bit of difficulty when the Disneyland app didn't want to recognize my pass number, so I never even got to try booking a reservation. The CM had a supervisor come over to sort it out. And it did get sorted and she added MaxPass for no charge for the extra time and trouble.

And then today I was able to make a reservation for both parks for a date in July with no trouble. The only date in July that wasn't available for a reservation for both parks was Sunday, July 14th.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by cali09; 06-13-2019 at 11:59 PM.
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote