home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-31-2019, 10:17 PM   #1
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Default Our biggest trip so far

In 6 hours, the alarm will beep.

4 hours later, the plane will lift off for the start of our trip!

Tonight, we're packing bags, figuring which bands to wear, going over the list.

On this trip, we've rented points and using up a few 2018 points we had "left over" and all of 2019 points...on our first contract. We bought a new contract this year, but those points are already used to book next years trip.

So the new things on this trip will include our first stay in a DVC studio, first time at Beach Club, first stay in a 2 bedroom, first time at Kidani, and the first time to rent points. A few first times for ADR also, but we'll get to that later.

The crew for this trip includes me, my wife, and 13 yo son, as well as my sister in law, her husband, and their grown daughter. This is our guests first time in a DVC room, or basically anything other than value. They are driving down tomorrow, while we lounge at the pool waiting for them to join us for dinner tomorrow night.

The last few weeks have been a little "iffy" on our trip - first my son fractured his Scapula and stretched the tendons holding his collarbone in place, causing it to kind of poke up. Luckily, no surgery was needed so he should be able to enjoy most of the trip, although no roller coasters for him! Also we had plans to visit the water parks on this trip (which is why we chose June...) but the slides would risk hurting the fracture again, so not gonna happen this time...we'll have to try the water parks some other time.

Then a painful toe issue and knee issue that developed for my wife last weekend caused us to rent her a scooter for this trip "just in case". The toe has been fixed, but the knee is still painful, so we're keeping the scooter - she may need it later in the week. I will say that reserving it ahead of time looks like it will be much more convenient than picking one up at the place on the Boardwalk on the spur of the moment - we can just drop it off at bell services at our final resort the day we check out.

So, now because of the injuries, instead of a full day planned everyday, we have 2 days during the week with little to no plans...I actually like that better! Looking forward to some relaxing on this vacation!
Nov 2017 BWV/BRV/AKV
Dec 2016, POR
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:27 PM   #2
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Have a wonderful time! Would love for you to check in occasionally with updates how your non-DVC guests are liking their accommodations.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:22 AM   #3
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

An exciting vacation of firsts!
Even with your few injury hiccups it sounds like you are all rolling with the flow!
Glad everyone is on the mend.
Have a great trip and keep us posted!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:07 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Have a great time! We're heading there today too and have a guest who has never gone let alone started in a DVC room.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:46 AM   #5
Sarco11
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Way to stay positive despite all the pretrip speed bumps! Bummer about the water parks, but hopefully you will still enjoy your trip and extra relaxation time.
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy! And hope both your son and your wife have complete and speedy recoveries.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 03:38 PM   #7
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Thanks for the well wishes - so far, everyone is doing well.

We landed this morning, only to find out that our guests drove down yesterday, and they actually beat us here, despite our early flight. They checked in and had a room around 10. We arrived at Beach Club and checked in, stressing we wanted the earliest room available. He said EVERY room is turning over today, so it will be very busy. I didn't actually hold out much hope, but the room was ready by 2 so I was pleased with that. We're on first floor, pretty close to the lobby, and that works for me - it's only one night so less walking is good at this point.

We walked over to Epcot and upgraded the tickets to Gold AP, and had to straighten out a weird situation where I had previously purchased memory maker, but no one could see it on our account. Guest relations was able to refund that after the AP had already been upgraded, so in the end everything was great...except that I realized right after that I had left my gift cards at home! So we bought one at the marketplace and transfered money to it...that web page saved us that time!

We had lunch at Beaches & Cream - another first. Good sandwiches & ice cream, we enjoyed it. I don't know if we'll be back for food, but maybe ice cream...although Ample Hills is better, I think.

Time for some rest, then Cape May for dinner!
Nov 2017 BWV/BRV/AKV
Dec 2016, POR
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 03:54 PM   #8
DVC4me
One Bedroom

Enjoy all your firsts. It is always fun to look forward to new things and WDW is great for that. Have a fabulous vacation with family.

Jeralyn
DVC4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:33 PM   #9
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Plans have the mailings of a great trip!
Looking forward to more updates, and pictures if you please.....
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #10
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

If you have anywhere near the heat that we had week before last, you will gladly welcome those down days. We ended up spending far more time back at the room than we anticipated because of the heat.

I hope you have a magical trip.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote