home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Default here we go again...another TR

Can you tell I am excited for this trip? I was on another thread today and mentioned my upcoming trip and realized I hadn't started my TR which I typically do 2 weeks out. The trip is in 9 days and I was just going to shrug off the TR this time. But what the hay!

when- Fri, May 17 we hit the road and return May 22
who- SIL, BIL, MIL, FIL, DH and I (ages 45, 50 and 73)
where- Tampa (Westin) for 2 nights (Sat and Sun) and then WDW (SSR) for 2 nights (Mon and Tue)
why- Tampa was booked to watch the Lightning in a play off game but they lost early on and WDW is to do F&G festival and the May 20 MM at Epcot

Not stoked to drive down for 4 nights and being in Tampa for 2. I tried to move Sun night from Tampa to SSR at WDW but SIL has a 1BR standard view and that wasn't available nor do I have the points for adding the night to our 2BR. The in laws are all flying down like 3 days prior and staying at the beach (I guess Clearwater) and I tried to talk DH into moving our (and all the in laws') Sat night over to there but he wasn't interested. We booked the Westin with DS's Marriott family discount and chose it because we could walk to/from the hockey stadium. But now there is no need for that. There was a plan B to watch Caps and/or Hurricanes games from a bar...but then the Caps lost out. Canes are still in it but could be out by Saturday. I really should have paid more attention to what stars had to align to be able to see Tampa play live (or even Caps- our in laws' team or Canes- our team on TV at a bar there).

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
2019-2020 DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV/SSR / Dec 19-21 CCV cabin & Dec 21-28 Vistana/ Jan 18-22 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America

Last edited by Lamima; 05-08-2019 at 10:54 PM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

We are BIG Caps fans,sad day when they lost that final game...

Following!!

BWV Dreamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #3
disneyteach
Grand Villa

NOBODY would have expected the Blue Jackets to knock out the Lightning so fast!! So, don't blame your DH too much. DH had a lot of fun wearing his CBJ gear when we were in Florida right after that playoff series.

I hope you enjoy your trip, despite not being too excited about it. Traveling with family will add some variety in there for you, I'm sure
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We are BIG Caps fans,sad day when they lost that final game...

Following!!
Yeah, my MIL is hating on our Canes. Should be interesting if they play Sat or Sun and we want to go watch in a bar. MIL may not want to. She thought they played dirty against her Caps. SIL and BIL are Caps season ticket holders and they took MIL and FIL on the 13th then they drove down here to our house in NC and all went to the game here on the 15th. MIL was not happy with how our Canes were. LOL! Waiting to see outcome tonight to see what schedule will be while we are in Tampa. BIL has some business ties to Tampa and their daughter (our niece) goes to Univ of Tampa so they know of a 'hockey bar' down there. Of the bunch, I am the lesser hockey fan. Not super into it but it is kind of fun. I'll be along for the ride.

2019-2020 DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV/SSR / Dec 19-21 CCV cabin & Dec 21-28 Vistana/ Jan 18-22 HHI
Old 05-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #5
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
NOBODY would have expected the Blue Jackets to knock out the Lightning so fast!! So, don't blame your DH too much. DH had a lot of fun wearing his CBJ gear when we were in Florida right after that playoff series.

I hope you enjoy your trip, despite not being too excited about it. Traveling with family will add some variety in there for you, I'm sure
From what I gather there were a few upsets this hockey play off season. I am interested now because I am always a supporter of my local teams. I have my Canes shirt to wear down there. But that's not as invoking as wearing a CBJ shirt down there right after they beat Tampa. Though it will irk my MIL

We should have a good time. And it's a trial run for MIL who had a tough year with battling cancer last year. She hasn't been on a vacy in a while and we have a big 9 night F&W trip with us 6 adults PLUS 4 of our 20-something kiddos and 2-3 of their significant others. So fingers crossed MIL does well so she will feel good about the mega trip in the fall.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:31 PM   #6
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Oh, and we have the Preakness to watch too. Lord knows how that will go as the Derby was pretty eventful.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

We go to the Hershey Bears games at the Giant Center here in PA. They are the feeder team for the Caps. When Oshie got taken out ( we won’t go there!) they sent up a player from the Bears ( name escapes me now).

Bears in a do or die game tonight skating in the Calder Cup.playoffs.....

BWV Dreamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:02 PM   #8
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We go to the Hershey Bears games at the Giant Center here in PA. They are the feeder team for the Caps. When Oshie got taken out ( we won’t go there!) they sent up a player from the Bears ( name escapes me now).

Bears in a do or die game tonight skating in the Calder Cup.playoffs.....
Smith-Pelley. We used to live in Harrisburg (my DDs are in college near Scranton where my inlaws are from). I loved Hershey. We would enjoy going to those games if we lived there. DH is basing our retirement house location on hockey teams. If DDs stay in PA after college....

Old 05-09-2019, 12:48 AM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy! Well, as much as possible.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #10
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Enjoy! Well, as much as possible.
Thanks!

Well...Canes is one game down.