home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 12:52 AM   #1
pdude81
Grand Villa

Default Bungalows return to Reflections

I'm just hoping the bungalows are all cash only.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/05/permits-sh...keside-resort/
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:35 AM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post

I just saw Blog Mickeyís article on this. Itís going to decimate FW as we know it. The Pioneer Hall stays, but will be dwarfed by a massive parking lot behind. And the beach will be taken over by the cabins.

I know earlier plans showed where the new ranch was meant to be moving to. I just hope thatís the case and itís not going completely. But hopefully itíll be somewhere quiet and peaceful, not right beside the parking lot, which is what I fear right now.

So sad right now.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:12 AM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post

nope....Half are on the hotel side, half are on the DVC side.

DVC is addicted to those point hog money makers!

I am glad I own where I like to stay. I am glad I book 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units.

Thanks for posting!
Old 05-07-2019, 05:24 AM   #4
Crafty
Grand Villa

If the current ones are not booked a lot of the time, why are they building more of them?

How do they make money from empty units?

This seems to indicate that Disney knows something about the future of DVC that we don’t. Do they expect lots of cash reservations in the future? Are they expecting purchasers to start buying bigger contracts? Are they building them for rich foreigners to book? Are they trying, in effect, to shut down the 7 month window?

There has got to be a missing piece to this puzzle.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:28 AM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
If the current ones are not booked a lot of the time, why are they building more of them?

How do they make money from empty units?

This seems to indicate that Disney knows something about the future of DVC that we donít. Do they expect lots of cash reservations in the future? Are they expecting purchasers to start buying bigger contracts? Are they building them for rich foreigners to book?

There has got to be a missing piece to this puzzle.

They make a ton off of selling DVC points off of them. If people don't book using points, they will rent the rooms. Where is Tikiman.....He is the guy I need to ask about PVB bungalow occupancy rates.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:35 AM   #6
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
They make a ton off of selling DVC points off of them. If people don't book using points, they will rent the rooms. Where is Tikiman.....He is the guy I need to ask about PVB bungalow occupancy rates.
OK. That makes some sense. They build a cheap little building with nice finishes, they assign lots and lots of points to it and then sell the points. Lots of income, little outlay.

This resort will be really big. 900 units/rooms is a lot. How many units are at SSR? This resort will potentially have a significant impact on surrounding resorts and the MK. Where will all these people go?
Old 05-07-2019, 05:40 AM   #7
Crafty
Grand Villa

All the new direct owners will be able to trade into the L14, but newer resale L14 owners will not be able to trade into REFL or RR. Buy where you want to stay has never been more important.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
OK. That makes some sense. They build a cheap little building with nice finishes, they assign lots and lots of points to it and then sell the points. Lots of income, little outlay.

This resort will be really big. 900 units/rooms is a lot. How many units are at SSR? This resort will potentially have a significant impact on surrounding resorts and the MK. Where will all these people go?

SSR has 828 (max 1260)......At this time, we do not know what the "max" will be at Reflections.

20 bungalows are around 1,000,000 points. Average sale price $165 pp = $165 million dollars!!!! Or $8,250,000 per bungalow!!! That is good money for a 2-bedroom unit.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #9
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

My hope is they split Reflections off and start DVC 2.

They can hang chandeliers in the bathrooms, I am totally not interested.
I am glad I own SSR, BWV, BLT, BCV, VGC,AKV, OKW and CCV FW.

I will not buy or sell. I will hold but I’m done, done.

I think they brought Jim Lewis back on the low.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:04 AM   #10
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

WOW!! I was hoping that RR proved to be the end of the bungalows. It seems to me they did everything right with RR.
The bungalows at POly they are able to rent for cash and I think they do better on the cash side than they do on the DVC side. The cabins at CCV are more reasonably priced per point, though still high. If they make the bungalows as three bedroom units, then that is okay for DVC, as a two bedroom unit, it is purely to sell points. I am waiting...at some point...owners will be shut out of booking a reservation....at which point, I would predict some sort of class action suite. The cabins and bungalows should all be 3 bedroom units, not 2.

I had little to know interest in Reflections, and this latest news brings my interest level to zero.