home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-01-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
bostonRob
Grand Villa

Default F... DVC .... Rant

Very done with this F..ing "club". The rules work against you. Theres too many people fighting over the same rooms. Everything about this club has begun to suck, Robert Iger sucks, Ken Potrock sucks (if he is still the jerk in charge) They all suck. If your one of the Disney die hards thats gonna come on this thread and make your wiseass remark's shove it. I hope there is one person reading this who hasnt made the mistake of buying into this sham and thinks twice about doing it. 2020 im out and wont be looking back.

Rant over
Old 05-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
pdude81
Grand Villa

pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonRob View Post
Very done with this F..ing "club". The rules work against you. Theres too many people fighting over the same rooms. Everything about this club has begun to suck, Robert Iger sucks, Ken Potrock sucks (if he is still the jerk in charge) They all suck. If your one of the Disney die hards thats gonna come on this thread and make your wiseass remark's shove it. I hope there is one person reading this who hasnt made the mistake of buying into this sham and thinks twice about doing it. 2020 im out and wont be looking back.

Rant over
No argument here. I still have a good time in the world, so I'll keep going...for now. But I stay in cash rooms more and more and it's not the end of the world. In fact, it has its benefits.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:

Rant over
So.....You are done with DVC or Disney.....or both?

What works for some, doesn't work for all. I will agree that booking rooms have become more difficult because of Poly and CCV bungalows/cabins. Those units at those resorts have destroyed almost all flexibility. This is not against those resorts, which are great.....just what DVC built and put into the point system.
DVC still works great for me, but then again I am an outlier when it comes to ownership and usage.

So tell me, what happened now (again) to bring on the rant?
Old 05-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
DBridge
One Bedroom

DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:34 AM   #6
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Rant over
Hey man, I feel your pain too from time-to-time. Sometimes I'm pretty angry at Disney/DVC too, and I definitely feel that Disney has got to get a handle on "walking" of reservations. I used to be in the camp of it was fair play, but now I feel the opposite because it is just too widely abused with the online system. People are walking reservations 30 - 45 days out now from their check-in date. That's just cray-cray

The good news for you is that at least you can probably sell your contracts and still get back your starting capital (I hope).

If you feel like it is time to leave, I think you're doing the right thing for yourself Good luck selling your contracts. Life changes and obviously it is time for you to move on from this timeshare.

Where I'm Going 2019:

Friday, 01/18/19 - Monday, 01/21/19 - Offsite (Hyatt Regency Orange County)
Friday, 02/08/19 - Sunday, 02/10/19 - VGC
Sunday, 06/30/19 - Friday, 07/12/19 - HHI
Friday, 08/30/19 - Monday, 09/02/2019 - VGC
Friday, 09/27/19 - Tuesday, 10/01/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/11/19 - Monday, 10/14/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/25/19 - Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - VGF
Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)
Monday, 11/04/2019 - Saturday, 11/09/2019 - BWV
Friday, 12/20/19 - Tuesday, 12/24/2019 - VGC

Last edited by cmrdgrs; 05-01-2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: typo
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
chunter
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I definitely feel that Disney had got to get a handle on "walking" of reservations.
That's another advantage owners have over renters of points. Renters can't really walk a reservation
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
Commish
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
No reason to bring the GOAT into this!

I completely understand OP position - Disney has been milking DVC for years - pushing off its Resort operating cost to the DVC Owners - DVC works for me because i have massive point quantities and I stay in 2BR Villas - I checked 7 month studio availability 12/1 - nothing -

I am not sure what allocation methodology is used for the operating expense allocations - but consider BWV and BCV - a CM mentioned the BWV DVC runs about 98% occupancy while the Hotel side would be in the 80%'s - DVC owners would be getting a higher share of the Bill -

With Yacht & Beach - the only main drawback to BCV IMO is that all room locations/views are inferior to the hotel side - yet all the security, lifeguards etc allocated to DVC. (once again -advantageous for DIS to allocate based on occupancy.)

Furthermore - lodging represents less than 50% of the cost of a Disney vacation when Tickets and Dining are added in (not to mention Travel) - a WDW Vacation becomes less and less affordable (My typical WDW budget for family of five >$12,000)

DVC is becoming a very poor deal

Last edited by Commish; 05-01-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #9
Commish
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
That's another advantage owners have over renters of points. Renters can't really walk a reservation
But a renter can request a reservation that a point broker (with financial incentives) will walk for them - Individuals walking reservations get room accommodations for their vacation, The Broker has a profit motive to walk - and can hire employees and use technology to secure rooms (on the backs of DVC owners liquidating points below FMV to the broker)
Old 05-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #10
chunter
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
But a renter can request a reservation that a point broker (with financial incentives) will walk for them - Individuals walking reservations get room accommodations for their vacation, The Broker has a profit motive to walk - and can hire employees and use technology to secure rooms (on the backs of DVC owners liquidating points below FMV to the broker)
David's rentals charges more for 11 month out reservations. Do you think David's walks hard to get reservations that clients request 11 months out?
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote