home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Default Legoland Book

Just minutes ago, I clicked send to get the Legoland book that I started over three years ago off to the publisher. It's done, it's done, it's finally done!!

And in this evening's rush of euphoria, I don't even care if publisher comes back saying it's not what he wants to publish. I'll self-publish the silly thing and move on to the next project. Which hopefully takes a LOT less than three years.

As usual, the book draws heavily from my MO trip reports. So anyone who's read about our Legoland trips already has a good idea about what's in the book. Still, maybe it will help someone in some small way.

And now to celebrate.....by getting DD ready for bed and a normal day of work/school tomorrow.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #3
Dana
Grand Villa

Yay for you! So, what age child is too old for Legoland? or otherwise stated, Have we waited too long to go to Legoland now that we have an 8, 11, and almost 15 yo?
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #4
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

My 8 year old continues to love Legoland. We plan to take her cousins in Nov, which includes a 16-year old, 13 year old and several under 10. The park itself is targeted to kids ages 2-12.

I think it might depend more on the kid(s). There are roller coasters, a couple of dark rides and a brand new ride somewhat like Soarin that the whole family might enjoy.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

I just watched TimTracker video of Legoland for their holiday tree lighting ceremony last year and they had fun and I am adding it to list for this year’s planning. So it looks great for family as you recommend!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:31 AM   #6
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Red face Congratulations

What an accomplishment.

Congratulations.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #7
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Yay for you! So, what age child is too old for Legoland? or otherwise stated, Have we waited too long to go to Legoland now that we have an 8, 11, and almost 15 yo?
I'm still thinking about this question....and I have an offer for you.

Would you like to read an advance draft of the book? It may be helpful in making a decision to go or not to go. If you are interested, I would ask you to consider reviewing the book on Amazon when it is published in June in return for an advance read.

Actually, l'll make that an open offer for any MO who wants to take me up on it. Just message me if you are interested.

Quick Links: